Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 12:55 PM
  #15076  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,053
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

The Exotek includes inserts as does the new one from Durango. Each track requires different settings so you'll have to figure out which one works best for the tracks you run on, but 3 is a good general starting point.
the incubus is offline  
Old 01-08-2014, 03:25 PM
  #15077  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (21)
 
dirtdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 586
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I have asked this a couple times. Have not had a response yet. Where is a good place to pick up the new drive line parts? Best prices ect? Regards -Tim
dirtdog is offline  
Old 01-08-2014, 03:27 PM
  #15078  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 430
Default

Usually I find tower to be the best, and I know they carrier most if not all the 410 parts.
lee111m is offline  
Old 01-08-2014, 03:38 PM
  #15079  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dirtdog
I have asked this a couple times. Have not had a response yet. Where is a good place to pick up the new drive line parts? Best prices ect? Regards -Tim
Originally Posted by lee111m
Usually I find tower to be the best, and I know they carrier most if not all the 410 parts.
Yup with a coupon too!
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 01-08-2014, 09:43 PM
  #15080  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
rcjunky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,202
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

your LHS should be very close in price as well and support your local business, they mean more then you think, you'll notice when they close.
rcjunky1 is offline  
Old 01-08-2014, 10:15 PM
  #15081  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
huzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hemet
Posts: 704
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by socal23
So talking about abuse. I recently sold all my electronics bc I got some extra Christmas money lol. So I bought a rx8 gen2 for my dex410 as well as a new reedy mach2 7.0. Now I've been looking around and saw the tekin pro2 5200kv 4 pole and has to run on rx8 so I was thinking since I was gonna run an rx8 anyway why not run the pro2 as well. Anyone else running a 4 pole motor or running a reedy mach2 6.5-7.5 that could give some feedback. The reedy should be In the mail today but I don't want to open it if I'm not gonna run it lol.
I don't know how you will fit an RX8 in there.
huzzler is offline  
Old 01-08-2014, 10:23 PM
  #15082  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
your LHS should be very close in price as well and support your local business, they mean more then you think, you'll notice when they close.
+1
knowitall156 is offline  
Old 01-08-2014, 10:26 PM
  #15083  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (114)
 
Mxer59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 2,703
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Well I've been out of the hobby for a bit went ahead and got the v4 pre orderd it's saying mid feb. Hoping sooner does the kit include diff and gear oils? If not whats a good commen weight for diffs and shock oils as well as pistons. Have a clay track locally and out of area aswell as a few hard packed light dust surfaces.
Mxer59 is offline  
Old 01-08-2014, 10:33 PM
  #15084  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

someone was asking earlier about DEX210 rear arms fitting on the 410. I'm about to try this on my V3 since the 210 also uses larger outer hinge pins. The first thing I notice though is that I will need to use A BUNCH of spacers to make the arms fit in the aluminum hangars since the 210 arms are essentially square. I also notice that the CVD isn't as long as the V3 so it doesn't sit in the cup quite as deep as I would like. I think it would probably pop sometimes. I see updated arms and hinge pins on the V4 does it have larger outer pins? same diameter as the inner pins? Has anyone else done this? Is there a longer drive shaft that works? with the 210 hub?
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-img_2516.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-img_2510.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-img_2515.jpg  
13Maschine is offline  
Old 01-08-2014, 11:25 PM
  #15085  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (112)
 
socal23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Jonesboro,AR
Posts: 2,186
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by huzzler
I don't know how you will fit an RX8 in there.
Lol. Like this






don't even have to hack the case. Fits nice and snug. Fitted it earlier tonight since my rx8 gen2 just came in .
socal23 is offline  
Old 01-08-2014, 11:28 PM
  #15086  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (112)
 
socal23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Jonesboro,AR
Posts: 2,186
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

And the rx8 is only 1 gram heavier than the rsx. As well as the tekin pro2 HD 4 pole is 1 gram lighter then the reedy mach2 7.0. Not a bad deal. So it's exactly the same weight as a rsx and gen2 combo just smaller footprint.
socal23 is offline  
Old 01-08-2014, 11:33 PM
  #15087  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
huzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hemet
Posts: 704
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by socal23
Lol. Like this






don't even have to hack the case. Fits nice and snug. Fitted it earlier tonight since my rx8 gen2 just came in .
Holly crap I can't believe it fits but where is the receiver going to go?
huzzler is offline  
Old 01-08-2014, 11:34 PM
  #15088  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (520)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,373
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
someone was asking earlier about DEX210 rear arms fitting on the 410. I'm about to try this on my V3 since the 210 also uses larger outer hinge pins. The first thing I notice though is that I will need to use A BUNCH of spacers to make the arms fit in the aluminum hangars since the 210 arms are essentially square. I also notice that the CVD isn't as long as the V3 so it doesn't sit in the cup quite as deep as I would like. I think it would probably pop sometimes. I see updated arms and hinge pins on the V4 does it have larger outer pins? same diameter as the inner pins? Has anyone else done this? Is there a longer drive shaft that works? with the 210 hub?
Well, I didnt use 210 arms, but I did do a similar mod to my sons car. He was a little hard on rear arms, especially the outer pins. So I bought the outer pins from a Desc410, had to drill the arms and hubs to 3mm. Hasn't broke another since..
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-330145_piw.jpg
flame56mx is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 12:19 AM
  #15089  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (112)
 
socal23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Jonesboro,AR
Posts: 2,186
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by huzzler
Holly crap I can't believe it fits but where is the receiver going to go?

Haven't decided yet. Either next to the case, or by the motor or behind the servo. I'll post picks when I'm done
socal23 is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 01:14 AM
  #15090  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

cool mod flame. What's the part number on that one if you don't mind?

I still like the 210 arms and hubs idea since you get captured drive shafts and also big bearings. Not to mention it lines up the tie rod much nicer.
13Maschine is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.