Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've ran a full boosted 10.5 setup in my Dex410 on high bite without issue. You can setup an RS pro and cause problems if you're not sure what you're doing.

If you go from a boosted 10.5 to a non boosted 7.5 setup you should be changing pinions.

I will post up Ryan's 7.5 RS Pro setup shortly...
Old 07-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Team Tekin

I did put a small fan blowing on all of the electronics since we were running 10 minute mains.

Here we go:
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-ryan-lutzs-7.5-rs-pro-4wd-setup.png  
Old 07-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transplantlife
can someone post GRAPEJUCICE'S set up.... Thanks guys

Page 313 top of page.... Strange forum rules will not let me post a url....Note: May not be his most current set up...
Old 07-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I did put a small fan blowing on all of the electronics since we were running 10 minute mains.

Here we go:
Randy, I noticed in the notes that it was 6 LED's on the ESC and 180-ish on the motor...is that something for us non-sponsored racers to be concerned about since we can't all afford to replace our ESC's and Motors as often? My track typically only runs 5 or 6 minute mains.

Also, where did you manage to fit the fan?
Old 07-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by forja
Page 313 top of page.... Strange forum rules will not let me post a url....Note: May not be his most current set up...
Thanks....
Old 07-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I've ran a full boosted 10.5 setup in my Dex410 on high bite without issue. You can setup an RS pro and cause problems if you're not sure what you're doing.

If you go from a boosted 10.5 to a non boosted 7.5 setup you should be changing pinions.

I will post up Ryan's 7.5 RS Pro setup shortly...
I'm well aware, but thanks.

We had no problems with a full boost setup on the 10.5- the car ran well without issue for a few months, but my brother was getting motored by guys running 6.5 and 7.5 packages so we had to motor him up. The heat issues came then. I baselined with the most current (at the time, a few months ago) setup you had posted for a 7.5. When the temps were too high for my liking I started backing timing out and playing with pinions to no avail. Apparently I'm doing something wrong, but its working great now.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by kommando98
Randy, I noticed in the notes that it was 6 LED's on the ESC and 180-ish on the motor...is that something for us non-sponsored racers to be concerned about since we can't all afford to replace our ESC's and Motors as often? My track typically only runs 5 or 6 minute mains.

I don't run this setup on my car. I don't drive like he does either. His driving style is very unique, one I've struggled with for a few weeks now. He's fast there's no doubt about that.

Understand that thermalling the esc will not damage it. The motor is the only concern.

Ryan was -30f on temps when he ran 7 minutes so don't sweat it.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Jonny5
I'm well aware, but thanks.

We had no problems with a full boost setup on the 10.5- the car ran well without issue for a few months, but my brother was getting motored by guys running 6.5 and 7.5 packages so we had to motor him up. The heat issues came then. I baselined with the most current (at the time, a few months ago) setup you had posted for a 7.5. When the temps were too high for my liking I started backing timing out and playing with pinions to no avail. Apparently I'm doing something wrong, but its working great now.
There's one thing I've learned racing and travelling around working with top racers all over the world. There is often nothing that can or cannot work. I've seen it proven time and time again. What may work for one driver, will not work for another.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default I LOVE this thing!

Hey all,

Just thought I'd chime in with my first experience with my DEX410. I bought a lightly used 'R' with all the parts to upgrade to 2010 Spec + Tresrey hubs, driveshafts and servo horn...it effectively was a brand new 2010 Spec. Raced it tonight on our large-ish 1/8th track that's pretty rough with moderate traction. I can't believe how well this car corners and jumps ! I have a ZX-5SP that I ran last year and the Durango was significantly faster than the Kyosho with absolutely no tuning to the Durango! It carries so much corner speed and found traction that nobody else could find, not to mention the ease with which it jumps.

Unfortunately my night ended in the second round of Qualifying when I stripped the plastic servo horn (which I understand is/was an issue with the Durangos). I'll pick up an aluminum servo horn tomorrow and get everything back together for next time.

As an aside I had zero problems with diffs or anything else except the servo horn and I can see that this is going to be a tank compared to the Kyosho!

Thanks to those who came before me with hints and tricks and good info on this amazing buggy...it made building and setting up much easier than it would otherwise be!

Cheers,
Mike
Old 07-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

No kidding on that one Randy, most guys are alway worried about the pro setups when they need to read more on what set up changes do. However this is hard to do cause setup is differant from driver to driver and even more so car to car. Find a FS2 driver out there using lighter oil in the front shocks. LOL
I had asked for help from a very skilled local on my 410 and was like WTF did you do to it, He thought it was much better but for me no way! Difference hes never stopped running like I did and he uses tons of drag break, I use 0. That in its self would require setup changes wouldnt it?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kommando98
Obviously I'm not Randy...

But here's how I put a fan on one of my Durangos....

Old 07-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike
Hey all,

Just thought I'd chime in with my first experience with my DEX410. I bought a lightly used 'R' with all the parts to upgrade to 2010 Spec + Tresrey hubs, driveshafts and servo horn...it effectively was a brand new 2010 Spec. Raced it tonight on our large-ish 1/8th track that's pretty rough with moderate traction. I can't believe how well this car corners and jumps ! I have a ZX-5SP that I ran last year and the Durango was significantly faster than the Kyosho with absolutely no tuning to the Durango! It carries so much corner speed and found traction that nobody else could find, not to mention the ease with which it jumps.

Unfortunately my night ended in the second round of Qualifying when I stripped the plastic servo horn (which I understand is/was an issue with the Durangos). I'll pick up an aluminum servo horn tomorrow and get everything back together for next time.

As an aside I had zero problems with diffs or anything else except the servo horn and I can see that this is going to be a tank compared to the Kyosho!

Thanks to those who came before me with hints and tricks and good info on this amazing buggy...it made building and setting up much easier than it would otheirwise be!

Cheers,
Mike
A few notes about the servo arm- depending on the brand you use (my lhs stocks Dynamite so that's what I use) it may be too tall and rub the front center shaft. If you want to use the top hole you can clearance the top of the servo arm with a dremel to get the room you need. Also don't forget to put a shim behind the ballstud to maintain the correct link position.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Yeah a I run a alloy servo arm, alloy saver arm locked down, and a Savox 1267HV running of the lipo. Leys just say I dont have any issues with the wheels staying pointed in the direction i tell them to.:
I love the fact that when every one else pulls off for the 1/8 scales or SC trucks,with this car you can walk down when your ready cause the bigger cars are no real danger unless they target you to make a point.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
Looking at the setup Lutzinator posted. It is so far off of where Im at that Im going to try the changes just to see how the car feels. Has anybody else tried the higher roll center setup in the rear? I have only used the-2/4 blocks in the rear, what can expect from the changes?
Anyone?
Old 07-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DavidR
Obviously I'm not Randy...

But here's how I put a fan on one of my Durangos....

Nice job Dave, too bad you ditched it a while ago, lots of setups will work in thes cars if people would just put some thought into it. Kids these days dont really have the DOY skills that where once needed in this hobby. Race rollers suck,period and are a disgrace to the hobby. Any decent car should come in a kit! These days if you pull out a dremel to try something new you get somebody talking smack! Ask any losi guy! People use to respect it when people tried something new.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.