Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 09:03 AM
  #14311  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,053
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

jamesbernatchez,

I had mine wired just like that but it ends up warping your electronics tray du to the pressure the wires apply. I changed it all up though when I got new wire and the overall setup is so much more comfortable and looks better too.

Nice 410, as if a 410 could look bad. LOL
the incubus is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 09:55 AM
  #14312  
Tech Adept
 
rifleman223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Santa Clarita, Ca.
Posts: 166
Default

I just recently switched to the aluminum front shock tower from the CF one. This is a much more durable setup as the car took a tumble and the upright was unscathed. The CF ones would have already broke I'm sure. So far, boiling the arms has also increased the durability of the arms. I still think that they need to re-evaluate their material. It is very brittle and needs a little more elasticity.
rifleman223 is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 10:12 AM
  #14313  
Tech Master
iTrader: (50)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,226
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by the incubus
jamesbernatchez,

I had mine wired just like that but it ends up warping your electronics tray du to the pressure the wires apply. I changed it all up though when I got new wire and the overall setup is so much more comfortable and looks better too.

Nice 410, as if a 410 could look bad. LOL
Thanks. Ill keep an eye on it. I just paid for this too! Going to swap some upgrades and then keep it as a spare.




jamesbernatchez is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 12:41 PM
  #14314  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
gtfour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 658
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
I noticed this was possible with my initial build and we had some discussion about this a few pages back. Personally I have installed 3mm of spacers to limit the up-travel. Between the rubber spacer and the shock end. Now I can push the suspension to the end of the travel and the drive shafts don't catch.

Hope that helps!
I went with 4mm limiter spacers and used some leftovers from my SC10 4x4. I installed them on top of the spring cups instead.
gtfour93 is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 03:56 PM
  #14315  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (16)
 
FSimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 91
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Are you planning to run stock motor in your DEX410? I suggest you wouldn't you will smoke the motor... I know I did the buggy is just way to heavy for stock motor.. Bolt on a MOD motor if it's to fast just turn the speed down in your radio..
Originally Posted by zzztech
I ran an 75T RW spur when I was running stock in this buggy. Keep the FDR around 5.8-6.1
Originally Posted by huzzler
The 69t is probably intended for the dex210 thats probably why it's thicker. Doesn't matter to much in a 2wd.
Thanks guys,

Running stock was a sudden idea.
I'll try the 69T in DEX210.
Thanks
FSimi is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 05:38 PM
  #14316  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jamesbernatchez
Thanks. Ill keep an eye on it. I just paid for this too! Going to swap some upgrades and then keep it as a spare.




Hey bud, I race at RCHR and Wolcott Hobby. But I haven't been around in a few months. I'll help you out as I get my 410 back together. Not to many TD guys in these parts. All AE.......
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 05:53 PM
  #14317  
P6
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 685
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Durango does have brittle materials I was breaking arms off the trees for a scrt10 and a dex410 the Durango snapped easier and felt more brittle and the scrt is famous for brittle arms
P6 is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 06:00 PM
  #14318  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (77)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,167
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by P6
Durango does have brittle materials I was breaking arms off the trees for a scrt10 and a dex410 the Durango snapped easier and felt more brittle and the scrt is famous for brittle arms
Try B44 arms. I cartwheeled mine off a triple and broke nothing. My B44 would have been in pieces.
goin2drt is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 11:06 PM
  #14319  
Tech Master
iTrader: (50)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,226
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Hey bud, I race at RCHR and Wolcott Hobby. But I haven't been around in a few months. I'll help you out as I get my 410 back together. Not to many TD guys in these parts. All AE.......
Cool man. I just got back into racing. I'm currently running a B44.2, but wanted to give the Durango a try. Curious to see how gear diffs drives compared to the ball diffs.
jamesbernatchez is offline  
Old 11-08-2013, 07:27 AM
  #14320  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CENCAL
Posts: 2,474
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Ok guys I got the avid 12mm hex for B4.2 to covert my DEX410 to 12mm hex but it doesn't fit do I have to use associated axle?
Jochim_18 is offline  
Old 11-08-2013, 09:36 AM
  #14321  
Tech Master
iTrader: (50)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,226
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Any tips on how to initially set the slipper clutch? The manual is no help. I got mine used and want to confirm the slipper isn't to tight before I race it for the first time tonight.
jamesbernatchez is offline  
Old 11-08-2013, 12:29 PM
  #14322  
Tech Adept
 
rifleman223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Santa Clarita, Ca.
Posts: 166
Default

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Try B44 arms. I cartwheeled mine off a triple and broke nothing. My B44 would have been in pieces.
Funny how I have the EXACT opposite observation on mine. I am good if I baby the car.
rifleman223 is offline  
Old 11-08-2013, 05:16 PM
  #14323  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
drpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BC,Canada
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Guys please help, I'm on a ship way offshore and the internet is ultra slow. I'm lucky to have gotten this far. I bought a built, never run, DEX410V3 with a load of NIP parts from a guy here on RC Tech. I am trying to order everything so it will be at my house when I get off this floating jail cell. I can't research saddle packs vs shorty lipos, could you guys give me a few links to either and tell me why one is preferable to the other.. All my club requires is hard case and 2S. I'll race indoor, and if I get the courage to scratch and dirty it up, some outdoor. I saw some Nano Tech A-spec and the SMC that looked good but trying to get back there is impossible. Here is my car, and stuff I ordered (hope it fits) and thanks for any help and suggestions you can give.

Again, sorry I really can't research this. I know these questions are answered somewhere.

DEX410V3
Tekin RSX 7.5T
Hi-Tec HS-8360TH
Futaba 3PL
Proline Proton & Ion tires, AKA Red Inserts on Borrego wheels
Mylaps transponder
drpower is offline  
Old 11-08-2013, 05:25 PM
  #14324  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (36)
 
tksnobords's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: N-Dub
Posts: 2,695
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by drpower
Again, sorry I really can't research this. I know these questions are answered somewhere.

DEX410V3
Tekin RSX 7.5T
Hi-Tec HS-8360TH
Futaba 3PL
Proline Proton & Ion tires, AKA Red Inserts on Borrego wheels
Mylaps transponder
i'm not sure how he sold you a tekin rsx...since tekin said it won't be released til later this month. maybe you bought it from a tekin team driver or something. but anyway...you should be good to go once you get to your track man. i run the nano tech's in my dex410 and the Nano Tech A-spec battery in my sct and i like them.
tksnobords is offline  
Old 11-08-2013, 07:53 PM
  #14325  
ekt
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,229
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by drpower
Guys please help, I'm on a ship way offshore and the internet is ultra slow. I'm lucky to have gotten this far. I bought a built, never run, DEX410V3 with a load of NIP parts from a guy here on RC Tech. I am trying to order everything so it will be at my house when I get off this floating jail cell. I can't research saddle packs vs shorty lipos, could you guys give me a few links to either and tell me why one is preferable to the other.. All my club requires is hard case and 2S. I'll race indoor, and if I get the courage to scratch and dirty it up, some outdoor. I saw some Nano Tech A-spec and the SMC that looked good but trying to get back there is impossible. Here is my car, and stuff I ordered (hope it fits) and thanks for any help and suggestions you can give.

Again, sorry I really can't research this. I know these questions are answered somewhere.

DEX410V3
Tekin RSX 7.5T
Hi-Tec HS-8360TH
Futaba 3PL
Proline Proton & Ion tires, AKA Red Inserts on Borrego wheels
Mylaps transponder
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html are popular batteries at my local clubs.

I'm assuming your indoor track has a clay surface from your tire choice?

Everything else you ordered looks good
ekt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.