Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Hope I get my RX8 back before this weekends race!
I have this in the for sale section $105 Shipped!

Old 05-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AreCee
Today I ran a 20 minute main using a 1900 on 5S packs and put 3700mah back into it after the race. My motor came off at 150-160* and the ESC's fan was running while it flashed 1-2-3 LEDs and went to 1-2 within a couple minutes. Anything to be concerned with? Ambient temperature was in the mid-90s and sunny all day.
What do you think about that combo, 1900 and 5S? Isn't that abit too much? What pinion are you using?
Old 05-24-2010, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
Today I ran a 20 minute main using a 1900 on 5S packs and put 3700mah back into it after the race. My motor came off at 150-160* and the ESC's fan was running while it flashed 1-2-3 LEDs and went to 1-2 within a couple minutes. Anything to be concerned with? Ambient temperature was in the mid-90s and sunny all day.
Originally Posted by macke
What do you think about that combo, 1900 and 5S? Isn't that abit too much? What pinion are you using?
It is pretty fast but I hadn't ever heard of that particular setup being that efficient. The quick math of 185 mah/min is very efficient. Just curious how hard it was getting ran?
Old 05-24-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jube
It is pretty fast but I hadn't ever heard of that particular setup being that efficient. The quick math of 185 mah/min is very efficient. Just curious how hard it was getting ran?
I have it geared to top out at around 40-41mph which is in the same ball park as the nitros I race against. My lap times were about in the middle of the pack for the A-Main. The track is quite large and I used all the acceleration on the straight. 48/18 with a 4.3IR

It was very controlable and had a lot of rip to clear the jumps and get the edge on the nitros. I'm also using a mechanical brake so the ESC isn't providing any braking with no drag brake. The motor just coasts when off throttle.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Anyone had there speedo do like one lap and then slow down to a crawl then stop completely for a minute or so then continue again for about a half a lap and stop again for a minute or so. I bought a new speedo fixed the problem however the speedo i originally owned was only 2 weeks old. I was told that the tekins dont like the bumping and banging going on in off road.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$
Anyone had there speedo do like one lap and then slow down to a crawl then stop completely for a minute or so then continue again for about a half a lap and stop again for a minute or so. I bought a new speedo fixed the problem however the speedo i originally owned was only 2 weeks old. I was told that the tekins dont like the bumping and banging going on in off road.
Just call or email Tekin and they will take care of it. I've had a similar issue to what you are experiencing. A weak solder joint on the board was the cause if I remember correct. Just a fluke issue and I havent had it happen again.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Originally Posted by yzracer758
Just call or email Tekin and they will take care of it. I've had a similar issue to what you are experiencing. A weak solder joint on the board was the cause if I remember correct. Just a fluke issue and I havent had it happen again.
thanks
Old 05-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

I ran in Rc pro series at Dirt burners StLouis this weekend. Rc8be with Rx8 and t8 2050. The motor and esc were nearly flawles all weekend. Four 5 min heats and a 10 min b main. Another driver had all his stuff stolen from his car saturday nite. A friend sugested i volenteer my car so i did. Thats 4 5 min heats and 4 10 min mains and the only problem was the fan. I removed it and it temped 167 after 10 min so Im not going to replace it. I am verry happy with this setup.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pq49z
I ran in Rc pro series at Dirt burners StLouis this weekend. Rc8be with Rx8 and t8 2050. The motor and esc were nearly flawles all weekend. Four 5 min heats and a 10 min b main. Another driver had all his stuff stolen from his car saturday nite. A friend sugested i volenteer my car so i did. Thats 4 5 min heats and 4 10 min mains and the only problem was the fan. I removed it and it temped 167 after 10 min so Im not going to replace it. I am verry happy with this setup.
Good going and real nice you Loaned your car to the other guy!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My rx8-1900kv combo will be in tomorrow from A-Main Hobbies, putting in my 8ight-E for this weekends 2nd rd pro series south race. my question is that I read that it is wise to install a cap in line with the receiver lead but the only one I have found is a 2200uf 35v cap. Will that work?
Old 05-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Mike I want to personally thank your for helping my good friend Michael out. That was as about a "stand up" move a guy could make. As far as all of his stuff being stolen, I would like to let everyone know that there were cameras at the holiday inn that he stayed in. Unfortunately the POS manager and corporate told michael after his stuff and some of mine was stolen that the cameras didn't work so therefore he was shit outta luck. He has made a list of what was stolen including mine an another guys stuff. The quick number was $6500 worth of stuff. He cannot recoup any of his money cuz no insurance will cover it and HOLIDAY INN likes to put up cameras that dont work so we feel safe. I encourage everyone to not to do business with companies such as this. We all race on a budget and we sure dont need to spend our hard earned money with places like this.

If anyone has any info to help Michael Malott out please pm myself or Micheal (michael81) Thank You
Old 05-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You left your gear in the car ? ?
Old 05-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
You left your gear in the car ? ?
Had everything in his trunk. Nothing was visible. There were 5 other racers at other locations hit Saturday night. I was not there. I loaned him a ps and cellpro 10s charger to take with him.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 271 (100%+)

Thanks again for letting me run your car. The setup he is running in his car is a very good setup and was about the fastest car on the track.

Like Jube said if any of you in the midwest see a Tekin 1400 setup floating around for sale feel free to contact me. You can PM me here and let me know. All of my stuff was in the trunk of my car and nothing was in plain sight. 5 other people at the same track had stuff stolen from there vehicles as well. I am not saying it was another racer but somebody knew I had put the stuff in the trunk. All the vehicles at the track that were broken into were pitted all close to each other. We were all staying at 3 different hotels in the area as well. The Holiday Inn mentioned has cameras but they don't work. I will not be staying in any Holiday Inns anytime soon.

I would also like to encourage all of you that travel to get a seperate insurance coverage for your RC items. I have talked to a couple people today that travel and all of their stuff is insured seperate.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

I would be interested in hearing about the insurance deal and also see the losers that took your stuff bright to rightful justice. And where I come from, that means a serious a$$ whooping.

I also had a friend that snapped a con rod in his nitro engine hours before the first series race of the season and while that race didn't happen, we did all travel to another track to race for the day and instead of seeing him sit at his
pit table all bummed out, I loaned him my 8E 2.0 with my Tekin system in it to run. While the car had a few minor difficulties through the day he did manage to win the B by a whole lap and loved the feel of the Tekin system over his MMM. Gotta help your fellow racing brothers that are in need. It's been done for me before so I return the favor when I can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.