Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OWTKAST cpt
I AM SOOO JEALOUS.. lol. I've considered trying an xray.
It is a bullet compared to my Losi. I haven't gotten it dialed 100% yet but it is definitely getting there. It has more steering than my Losi did also. Plus, I'm lightening it by 2.5 oz so it should be quite different next time out!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by warpig
Couple pics of my rides.. I hope to see some of you guys at your local tracks this year!
Lookin' sharp as always Ben!

Looks like we both switched chassis this year....

How you likin' the Xray? Edit: Seems you answered the question before I could ask! LOL

You gonna run the North series this year?

-David
Old 03-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DavidR
Lookin' sharp as always Ben!

Looks like we both switched chassis this year....

How you likin' the Xray? Edit: Seems you answered the question before I could ask! LOL

You gonna run the North series this year?

-David
I plan on running the series... It's going to be tough with 29 credit hours of school. I can't believe my brain still works after all these years! LOL

I like the Xray so far. I've raced it once with no practice. I've got to get it dialed in a little more but it will be really good soon. It has some qualities I wish my Losi had last year. I'm also switching to a 6S setup this week. That should be interesting.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by warpig
I plan on running the series... It's going to be tough with 29 credit hours of school. I can't believe my brain still works after all these years! LOL

I like the Xray so far. I've raced it once with no practice. I've got to get it dialed in a little more but it will be really good soon. It has some qualities I wish my Losi had last year. I'm also switching to a 6S setup this week. That should be interesting.
Good deal! Hopefully I'll see ya there then!

Yeah... I eyeballed the Xray car for awhile, but in the end I decided to give the AE car a whirl this season.

As for 6S... I'll be running 5S at some tracks and 6S at the bigger ones such as PHill. I think it'll work out alot nicer than the 3Cell setup I was running last year.

Again... Look forward to runnin' with ya again this year. It was a blast last year!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairdog
I'm installing a RX8 /1550 truggy combo in my Losi 8t 2.0. I'm going to be running 5s 25C 5000mah batteries in it. I'm wondering what a good starting point would be for gearing? I have the 45 tooth spur gear that the Losi kit comes with.

Any suggestions ?
Old 03-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

This is about the sensor wire clamp, I just installed the new HB 1 piece diff/motor mount on my Ve8 and I only had 1 option on direction to run the sensor wire. If not the bellcranks would be rubbing on it. Well after I had to put the clamp on 2-3 times now if I tighten it all the way the clamps top strips and comes right over the screw. I am using the longer screw but what I want to know is has someone ever used a thin washer 1st on the screw like maybe a nitro clutch bell shim or somethig? If I did this would I have to use a longer screw yet? I aint trying to screw anything up before I plug my 1st pack in LOL. What I have it like now is I just screwed it in enough to hold the sensor wire but not come over the screw, is this okay? The screw is about 1.5mm out now.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well I ran my rx8 brand new out of the box for about 10 minutes on the track and it died. No lights,beeps or anything but I still have steering.It was about 120 degrees when I measured the temp. What typically does this mean? Even though it is brand new out of the box I did purchase it back in November I think so it is out of warranty. I hope this is not gonna be a problem.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by kelvinml
Well I ran my rx8 brand new out of the box for about 10 minutes on the track and it died. No lights,beeps or anything but I still have steering.It was about 120 degrees when I measured the temp. What typically does this mean? Even though it is brand new out of the box I did purchase it back in November I think so it is out of warranty. I hope this is not gonna be a problem.
Sounds like this is the lower board issue you've run into. I can just about guarantee that tekin will take care of you warranty or not.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1

Those Tekin boys are some good guys. They took care of me even though I was out of warranty, and the damage was all my fault and not theirs!

A triple plus for Tekin customer service. Next time I see one of those guys, the beers are on me!

Jeff

Old 03-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

with all the issues Tekin, CC and LRP are having they really aren't questioning Age on the product....if it failed it failed....they WILL help you out.....email or call for a RA# and take it from there.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

For anyone on a mac looking for parallels to run windows and hotwire there is a mini sale of sorts on a software bundle for macs here for the next 6 days:
http://www.mupromo.com/?ref=8031
Old 03-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just got a tekin rx8/1900kv combo for my ve8. I am using a 20 tooth pinion. I am using two 2s 40c 5000mah batteries and 4mm bullet connectors on everything.

Now to my question. The pos/neg wires to the battery are getting about as hot as the esc, which was about 140*. The battery wires are 10 gauge and the wires to the esc are 12 gauge. Is it normal for these wires to get this hot? Are the 12 gauge wires ok or do I need to find 10 gauge somewhere?
Old 03-26-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fazznick
I just got a tekin rx8/1900kv combo for my ve8. I am using a 20 tooth pinion. I am using two 2s 40c 5000mah batteries and 4mm bullet connectors on everything.

Now to my question. The pos/neg wires to the battery are getting about as hot as the esc, which was about 140*. The battery wires are 10 gauge and the wires to the esc are 12 gauge. Is it normal for these wires to get this hot? Are the 12 gauge wires ok or do I need to find 10 gauge somewhere?
4mm bullets aren't rated high enough. I would use 5.5 minimum. 6mm is probably optimum.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (99%+)

Originally Posted by fazznick

The 12 awg wire is fine, but the connectors have to go. I had a mamba max with 7700 for a while in a slash, and those connectors were 4mm and got hot. And that was just a 1/10 scale 2s setup.

I'm pretty sure 6mm is what is recommended, and get good ones. I went direct wiring on mine, easy to solder/unsolder the wires from the motor if I really need to. Chances are if I take the ESC out for cleaning, I take the motor out too, so no real need to disconnect them.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Krio
Sounds like this is the lower board issue you've run into. I can just about guarantee that tekin will take care of you warranty or not.

For those of us not fully aware, do you mind explaining "the lower board issue"? Was it a soldering problem from the factory or some kind of board factory defect?

Randy, has this issue been recently corrected by chance?

Was thinking of getting an RX8 combo for my E-Truggy when I complete it but I'm now starting to have 2nd thoughts... either way, I won't be soldering the wires to the posts at a 90 degree angle as a precaution... Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.