Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cory B,

Rotate the motor 90 degrees and the 4mm screws provided with the 8e 2.0 will fit. the can has both 3mm and 4mm holes.

The speedo should have enoug wire to connect the motor and batteries based on the wiring needed to get a losi setup.

The Hot wire is an accessory. It is not included with the speedo as everything it does except for a custom LVC can be done using the buttons on the unit.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
The hotwire isn't included in any of our systems, 1/10 or 1/8.

The instructions should be under the foam in the box along with decals,etc.

I double sticky tape my Rx8 right to that plate, done.
Hi Randy, I took the plunge into 1/8 buggy and picked up the RX8 and 1900KV motor. The chassis is a Hotbodies Ve8 and I will be using the mechanical brakes.

Couple of questions; The Hotbodies manual tells you to deactivate the electronic brakes, so do you do this by turning down the BS and DB? I'm mixing the third channel for brakes.

Does the fan run full time or on demand?

What is the latest RX8 firmware, 198? I have the Vegas software on my Hotwire for my on-road toys.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cory B
Hi there. I am in the process of building a Losi 8ight 2.0 and converting it to electric. I chose to buy the race roller instead of the Losi 8ight-E is because I wanted to get the Tekin RX8/T8 from the start.

My question is.....when I opened the box, there were no instructions included. I have been to the Tekin website and found a manual there, so that was helpful, but what size screw does the motor take to mount it to the motor mount? The Losi electric conversion kit comes with screws, but they dont fit and I think they are made for the Xcelorin motor. also. My Tekin didnt come with any wires to make a battery connection, just wires to solder the motor to the esc. Is it supposed to include battery wires?

and just one other thing. How am I supposed to hook this thing up to my PC to utilize the hotwire program? Nothing was included for that either.

While I am happy with my Tekin purchase, I am fairly dissapointed that it didnt include instructions, battery wires, motor screws or a hotwire adapter. One would think that if they spent $330 on a motor/esc combo, those items would be included

Oh, and one other question. what is the best way to secure the esc to the supplied battery tray that is included in the Losi conversion kit? There are pre-drilled holes, but it is designed to fit the Xcelorin esc. Thanks in advance.
You might need to rotate the front of the motor. On mine I didnt and the motors solder tabs faced out toward the mudgard. They got damaged this weekend.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer357
Rotate the motor 90 degrees and the 4mm screws provided with the 8e 2.0 will fit. the can has both 3mm and 4mm holes.

Thank you for the reply, however, I already tried that. the screws go in about 1 thread then become very hard to turn. My guess is that they dont fit. Or do I have to force them in?

Im not exactly a noob to r/c, just never built an electric 1/8 before.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Make sure you are using metric screws and not standard. They are the only ones that fit a 2.5 and 3/32 tool.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

the 8-32 screws that hold the diff mounts and radio tray look similar to the 4mm screws that hold the motor to the mount.

Make sure you are using metric screws.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
Hi Randy, I took the plunge into 1/8 buggy and picked up the RX8 and 1900KV motor. The chassis is a Hotbodies Ve8 and I will be using the mechanical brakes.

Couple of questions; The Hotbodies manual tells you to deactivate the electronic brakes, so do you do this by turning down the BS and DB? I'm mixing the third channel for brakes.

What is the latest RX8 firmware, 198? I have the Vegas software on my Hotwire for my on-road toys.
Drag brake and brake strength should be zero.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer357
the 8-32 screws that hold the diff mounts and radio tray look similar to the 4mm screws that hold the motor to the mount.

Make sure you are using metric screws.
So as it turns out, I was in fact using the 4mm screws for the radio tray.

I guess I am a noob!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by AreCee

Yup all correct.

200 will load into the rx8 but you will see no performance gain.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Good luck to Team Tekin this weekend at the electic 1/8th scale nats.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am getting my tickets to fly out tomorrow. It should be a fun race!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am ready to buy a RX8/T8 2250kv T version (2320), but I want the red heat sink. I have asked several vendors, but they still have the black versions.

Can someone tell me where I can pick up a red version online from a US vendor other than sleezebay?

Tower is out of stock
Amain is black
Stormer is black
Waiting on others....

Thanks

Old 11-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

there is no difference between the red and black heatsinked speedos
Old 11-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whipnet
I am ready to buy a RX8/T8 2250kv T version (2320), but I want the red heat sink. I have asked several vendors, but they still have the black versions.

Can someone tell me where I can pick up a red version online from a US vendor other than sleezebay?

Tower is out of stock
Amain is black
Stormer is black
Waiting on others....

Thanks

Originally Posted by peakman
there is no difference between the red and black heatsinked speedos
Yes, there is a difference. The one with the red heatsink has a RED Heatsink. Color is very important to some people. Dunno why, but it is.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ta_man
Yes, there is a difference. The one with the red heatsink has a RED Heatsink. Color is very important to some people. Dunno why, but it is.
HAHA.
I heard the ones with the red were newer and had less issues with them. True or not, I am not worried about it now and ordered one. I know Tekin will make good if I do have issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.