Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ta_man
I'm going to disagree with you there. My Robinson 12T hardened steel pinion is showing wear after a little over a year running with a Kyosho plastic spur (the same spur). All I can think of is that the grit in our dirt gets embedded in the plastic and gradually sands down the pinion.

It's not like it is worn out - I've probably got another year on it, but the wear is visible without needing a magnifying glass.
Interesting, My RC Monster pinions show no wear at all. Do you have all the holes in your chassis sealed up?
Old 07-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBMike
Interesting, My RC Monster pinions show no wear at all. Do you have all the holes in your chassis sealed up?
No, but even if I did, dirt would get in anyway.

Maybe I will buy an RC-Monster pinion instead of another Robinson when it is time to replace this one.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Hi Team Tekin,

I was running my losi 8T yesterday and the motor seemed like it died on me. I have the 1700KV truggy motor. basically, the motor will stop but the ESC seems to be working. then all of a sudden, the motor seems to be fine. then it will stop again, then go. I checked all the wiring and everything looks good.

also, with my losi buggy, i also had some stop and go's. but for the buggy it seems like it was the entire system shut down so I am thinking it is the ESC. I also checked all the wirings and every looks good.

please note my entire system besides the ESC in truggy are most likely 1st generation systems. i have also send email to support@tekin.

Please send me email at [email protected]

Thanks and awesome product!!!
Old 07-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stone5334
Good luck! They logged mine in house on June 24th 3 weeks ago to the day and still nothing in the mail

Is there a link that we can check to see the status of our repairs?
Old 07-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
Is there a link that we can check to see the status of our repairs?
I do not think so. Just email or call them. I got my ship confirmation fairly quickly and am astounded at their professional support.

AWESOME Company!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
Hi Team Tekin,

I was running my losi 8T yesterday and the motor seemed like it died on me. I have the 1700KV truggy motor. basically, the motor will stop but the ESC seems to be working. then all of a sudden, the motor seems to be fine. then it will stop again, then go. I checked all the wiring and everything looks good.

also, with my losi buggy, i also had some stop and go's. but for the buggy it seems like it was the entire system shut down so I am thinking it is the ESC. I also checked all the wirings and every looks good.

please note my entire system besides the ESC in truggy are most likely 1st generation systems. i have also send email to support@tekin.

Please send me email at [email protected]

Thanks and awesome product!!!

What type of radio are you using? I had something similar to this when my BEC failed. The receiver would loose power for an instant and it would proceed to reboot (find the transmitter and all). This did take a couple seconds to happen. I use the Futaba FASST system. Does your steering work when this happens?
Old 07-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kufman
What type of radio are you using? I had something similar to this when my BEC failed. The receiver would loose power for an instant and it would proceed to reboot (find the transmitter and all). This did take a couple seconds to happen. I use the Futaba FASST system. Does your steering work when this happens?
i am using the dx3r and dsm1 receiver. when power is off, no servo activity. this is for buggy. truggy, im almost sure it's the motor. but i would like the esc look at to.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am very happy with them so far. the system is great and even thought they have some problems I believe there still better than anything out there.

I have a really big race coming up so I just ordered another combo. Got a 1700kv Truggy system this time. So now I will have a backup if anything fails on me.

Guess I will have to build a buggy now. DARN
Old 07-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kufman
I just ordered the RX8 combo to run in my buggy but I did not get a BEC. Do I need one?
Old 07-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yfzracer912
I just ordered the RX8 combo to run in my buggy but I did not get a BEC. Do I need one?
It is internal. You have it!
Old 07-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

No, you do not need a BEC.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

The RX8 has a built in BEC. The Internal BEC on my RX8 failed and that is why my post read as it did.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Nope!

Nope you got 6 volts coming out of the ESC
Old 07-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Holy replies
Old 07-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Sylvéris

Default HOTWIRE VOLTAGE CUT OFF

Hi, are there some people who have the HOTWIRE ?
I would like to customize the LVC with the HOTWIRE, but I can only set up the value of one Lipo cell. I use 2 x 2S Lipos and want to set up my LVC around 12,8V !
How can I do ?
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.