Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

called stormer.

they say availability is the 3rd week of march.. ouch. Is that accurate?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Well that should give me plenty of time to get it dialed in for the Spring shoot out in Wenatchee.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Team Tekin

Might as well get it out there. Yes minor disaster has struck and we have had a small delay. We hate Murphy….

Last week the housing mold was damaged when setting up for the volume production run. We had hoped the repair would not be too bad and spent the last week trying to get it done, but it has turned out to be a total loss and part of the mold has to be re-cut completely. For those that understand injection molding this is not a process that can just be hurried with extra effort. It can take literally weeks to cut a detailed mold. It is a tedious process, but it is a local vendor and they will press hard for us. It will be at least 2 to 3 weeks before we can get the tool back on the machine and make some parts. On the bright side that is closer to when the motors will be available so we will have systems not long afterwards.

No one is more annoyed than I am. At least it is not a technical problem and is just an oops. We press on and still will be within a reasonable amount of time of the original estimate for release.

Tekin Prez
Old 02-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
Might as well get it out there. Yes minor disaster has struck and we have had a small delay. We hate Murphy….

Last week the housing mold was damaged when setting up for the volume production run. We had hoped the repair would not be too bad and spent the last week trying to get it done, but it has turned out to be a total loss and part of the mold has to be re-cut completely. For those that understand injection molding this is not a process that can just be hurried with extra effort. It can take literally weeks to cut a detailed mold. It is a tedious process, but it is a local vendor and they will press hard for us. It will be at least 2 to 3 weeks before we can get the tool back on the machine and make some parts. On the bright side that is closer to when the motors will be available so we will have systems not long afterwards.

No one is more annoyed than I am. At least it is not a technical problem and is just an oops. We press on and still will be within a reasonable amount of time of the original estimate for release.

Tekin Prez
That's a tough break.

How many cavity tool is it. Could you have just shut off a cavity or 2 and run it at the lower output while they remade the parts on the damaged cavities?

I have my fingers crossed that this is the worst of it for you guys.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Team Tekin

Single cavity. Unfortunately the deep draw section for the top of the case that has some very difficult shutoffs for the vertical cutouts around the heatsink.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Didn't the same thing happen to Castle (Sorry to bring them here)? Are you guys using the same place to do your cases? .

Jim, are you going to offer a truggy motor with a Kv of around 1000-1200?
Old 02-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Tekin Prez

Understandable.

Still gonna get it though. Thats just a week after the cactus classic and then the track reopens to 1/8th electric so Im still good! Since the motors might take longer When exactly you think the combos will come out now and not just the esc. Im looking to get the entire combo.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Team Tekin

Not unless they have their molds done in Idaho.... Its more expensive than overseas, but gives us direct control and complete flexibility. Especially nice in times like this or when we need a favor and quick response.

Motors are about 4 weeks until we have some real volume to work with. We should start recieving some small qty in a few weeks that will go to team drivers. These are not a variation of another mass produced motor. These are completely unique and all the tooling is new and belongs to us. We can only build them so fast in the beginning as we ramp up.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not unless they have their molds done in Idaho....

Motors are about 4 weeks until we have some real volume to work with. We should start recieving some small qty in a few weeks that will go to team drivers. These are not a variation of another mass produced motor. These are completely unique and all the tooling is new and belongs to us. We can only build them so fast in the beginning as we ramp up.
Accidents happen, such is life. what is your ETA on the RC8 Soft packs we talked about earlier? no rush, just curious, got a few hundred bucks ready to go!

Trout
Old 02-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Definitely can't wait to get my hands on a combo. A month isn't too bad.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

I thought Murphy was a local guy,maybe he has allot of brothers the SOB.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, that stinks. Let's hope Murphy is done messing with you.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Team Tekin

Actually his name was Ryan and I am sure he feels terrible. Likely got his arse chewed since these are expensive molds and we are not paying for the repair, just paying the price for the delay.

Honestly Murphy has been pretty absent from this project. This has been the cleanest and least amount of blown up protos of any of our speedo developments. It is an already track proven RSpro in a different shape with a switching BEC, heatsink and fan. It really should hit the ground running. It has been a joy for us to go testing and have it just turn into an afternoon of driving because nothing goes wrong. I even bought a super light Dx3r because my arm was aching from all the wheel time. My neighbors even complained…. So I fire up the nitro buggy now and then
Old 02-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Not unless they have their molds done in Idaho.... Its more expensive than overseas, but gives us direct control and complete flexibility. Especially nice in times like this or when we need a favor and quick response.

thanks for the update. hopefully you will not have any more set backs. I can wait a month but much more then that and I will have to get something else.

Dont get me wrong I love the tekin systems I have, but I dont want to miss the start of the season in the northeast.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am about ready to place an order for either a RC8e or a Kyosho ZX-5. Which ever one I chose will be Tekin powered. I was hoping that no matter which I chose I would be racing by the end of March(earlier preferred).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.