Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mHOUPS
Only plugged into the esc.

yes, one red flickering light - the green light on the hotwire itself flickers also

it is the RX8, it works great in the car.
Ok, please do this. Plug in ONLY the hotwire, launch the software, hit help. Read the version?
Old 08-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

[QUOTE=krits;11133713]Hey guys, can anyone point me or to suggest what Connectors were used using this :

Never put connectors on top of the posts, ever.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Ok, please do this. Plug in ONLY the hotwire, launch the software, hit help. Read the version?
Old 08-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default PLEASE HELP RX8 only power cutting out to ESC when landing

I have DEX408 and I love it is a great car but that's really not the issue it's with my RX eight and 2050 KV motor the motor is fine and runs great but on my esc when I land sometimes the power cuts out and it's only throttle my current setup is the 408 with the esc it's self my setup is the 2050 KV w/RX8 2 6500mah Orion batteries and a hi voltage futaba servo and I also run a 10 amp CC BEC which I have connected to the power wires from the ESC at connection with the other deans connection so when I plug in the deans connectors the servo powers up I have Orion bullet connectors for the batteries I run it in a series all the soldering tabs are good and connections are good had my LHS check it out the problem is when I land hard or hit a big jump the ESC powers off then on it takes about 10 to 15 seconds and then everything is fine and I can keep going and at the same time the servo still works but that's because of bec I have tried using a zip tie to see if it is the power switch so I turn it on and then zip tie the switch to the on position and every thing runs great until I land or hit hard I have called Tekin and they said to send the ESC back but they also told me to try splicing the power switch wires together I haven't tried that yet hae some big races coming up so I really don't want to send it in but I will if I have to and they said that nothing I do will void the warranty. SO ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO OR WHAT THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE IF THERE'S A SOLUTION
PLEASE HELP
THANKS
Old 08-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have a possible issue...

after coming off a hard landing.. I had no throttle response but i had steering. I didnt get to see what lights were flashing on my speedo but a quick pick up and drop got it going again.

it was in a Losi SCTE running a revtech 4800 kv motor, spektrum 3100 dsm 2 receiver and futaba bls451 servo and a reedy 65c 6500 mah battery.

any ideas? or is it just shutting off because of the hard landing?
Old 08-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mini8 Menace
I have DEX408 and I love it is a great car but that's really not the issue it's with my RX eight and 2050 KV motor the motor is fine and runs great but on my esc when I land sometimes the power cuts out and it's only throttle my current setup is the 408 with the esc it's self my setup is the 2050 KV w/RX8 2 6500mah Orion batteries and a hi voltage futaba servo and I also run a 10 amp CC BEC which I have connected to the power wires from the ESC at connection with the other deans connection so when I plug in the deans connectors the servo powers up I have Orion bullet connectors for the batteries I run it in a series all the soldering tabs are good and connections are good had my LHS check it out the problem is when I land hard or hit a big jump the ESC powers off then on it takes about 10 to 15 seconds and then everything is fine and I can keep going and at the same time the servo still works but that's because of bec I have tried using a zip tie to see if it is the power switch so I turn it on and then zip tie the switch to the on position and every thing runs great until I land or hit hard I have called Tekin and they said to send the ESC back but they also told me to try splicing the power switch wires together I haven't tried that yet hae some big races coming up so I really don't want to send it in but I will if I have to and they said that nothing I do will void the warranty. SO ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO OR WHAT THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE IF THERE'S A SOLUTION
PLEASE HELP
THANKS
Ouch that hurts to read
Old 08-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moogumby

after coming off a hard landing.. I had no throttle response but i had steering. I didnt get to see what lights were flashing on my speedo but a quick pick up and drop got it going again.

it was in a Losi SCTE running a revtech 4800 kv motor, spektrum 3100 dsm 2 receiver and futaba bls451 servo and a reedy 65c 6500 mah battery.

My last esc, MMP would do that but the rx8 hasn't done it once.
Is one of the posts wiggly?
Old 08-26-2012, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fq06
My last esc, MMP would do that but the rx8 hasn't done it once.
Is one of the posts wiggly?
not that have have checked after the main and during after race cleaning.

Solder job looks great too.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What kinda temps are you running ?? Local Buddy had some Thermalling issues with that motor if he ran it a little hard. Lowered CL and it helped a Bunch. I do honestly think he went back to his Pro4 tho.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Having same issue

Originally Posted by Integra
What kinda temps are you running ?? Local Buddy had some Thermalling issues with that motor if he ran it a little hard. Lowered CL and it helped a Bunch. I do honestly think he went back to his Pro4 tho.
I'm running a RX8 with a 2050 KV motor futaba servo Spektrum rx pro with CC BEC and two 6500 mah Orion in a series and I'm having the same issue on landings sometimes not sure what it is
ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE AND WHY WERE BOTH HAVING THE SAME ISSUE
Old 08-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Integra
Im thinking of picking up a pro4 because of this...

but my motor is temping about 175* and speedo between 105* and most i seen it after 7 min main was 121*

i have the fan on both the motor and speedo and ambient temp on the track was about 85*/90*
Old 08-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Im thinking of picking up a pro4 because of this...

but my motor is temping about 175* and speedo between 105* and most i seen it after 7 min main was 121*

i have the fan on both the motor and speedo and ambient temp on the track was about 85*/90*
Your going to have to send it in. It is an impact related issue. I had 2 rx8s do the same thing. One with a cc bec and one without.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:38 PM
DRC
Tech Initiate

Your going to have to send it in. It is an impact related issue. I had 2 rx8s do the same thing. One with a cc bec and one without.
Now maybe that makes more sense why my RX8 goes into sensor less mode (hard start) after an impact.

I wonder if there are any plug in boards inside the RX8 that might come loose?
Old 08-27-2012, 02:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys need some help with my old reliable RX8, it has been flawless for a very long time but recently it started to act up. Sometimes when I turn it on it doesn't arm, it turns on, the fan comes on but it doesn't sound the chimes, the steering servo works but no throttle and 1, 3 & 5 lights come on which indicates LVC but I know for a fact that the battery is fully charged. I turn the switch on and off several times and eventually it will arm and when it does it works perfectly again, any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike

Never put connectors on top of the posts, ever.
Randy, can you elaborate please?

thanks
Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.