Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ive been using the RX8 for a few weeks now and I have to say that it's the smoothest that's ive ever ran! After setting it up with Hotwire I was able to mellow out my powerband in loose conditions and was more than happy with the results.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by archiller
How long does Tekin europe take to send back a broken RX8. I called them a couple weeks ago and he said they're waiting on Tekin. So far it's been a month and a half.
They received mine more than 3 months ago. Still nothing. I've missed 3 national rounds so far which most likely ruined my chances for satisfying result in this season. I can't believe I chose Tekin over other combos because of their 'exceptional customer service'...
Old 06-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

@lewis4x4 Please email me with your car setups so I can help you sort out this issue. Tekin did have support staff on hand in the MFG area. Too bad you didn't ask around to find them.

@Donat Please email me about your issue. If it's been 3 months something is wrong here. Either no return info was supplied or some info is missing.

[email protected]
Old 06-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Donat
They received mine more than 3 months ago. Still nothing. I've missed 3 national rounds so far which most likely ruined my chances for satisfying result in this season. I can't believe I chose Tekin over other combos because of their 'exceptional customer service'...
I'll try to be constructive here.

I had to purchase another Tekin RX8 ESC, my friend had the exact same defect in his RX8 two weeks back. He also bought another Tekin ESC hoping that our ESCs were defective and held our trust with Tekin. It's unfortunate that the customer service takes so long and especially so mysterious. When I called Tekin Europe they were not able to tell me how long or what was wrong with the product because they don't deal with the sent back products. Would it be wiser to only deal with US services since you guys seem to be having better services.

I know there's a Tekin representative on this forum and I wish to have some sort of answer concerning how long it takes to have my purchased defective product returned to me from Tekin Europe. Is there someone I can call to see how long it will take to receive the product?

For those who don't know about Tekin Europe here's site which is almost impossible to fill in the returns form since the text is black on black.

http://www.tekineurope.com/support.php

I hope the service will improve for europe, for now if I need service I will be dealing with the US.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

I somehow managed to fill the form and send the combo but then the worst comes. There is NO contact with them! After 2+ months not a single response to the emails.

Randy, you've got an email with more details regarding the problem.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys I'm doing everything I can to help sort out these issues. Please be patient. Tekin Europe is doing their best to support our fellow racers on the other side of the pond
Old 06-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

I've sent a friend's rx8 to Tekin Europe(rcdisco.com) some time ago, communication and support was great, the problem is that the rx8 is often on backorder and if they have to replace the damaged esc they have to wait until product is back in stock.
Even now the rx8 is out of stock http://www.rcdisco.com/gallery.php?mcat=p06&scat=s033
Old 06-12-2012, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone have a truggy setup for a 2250 running a 13 pinion 46 spur. Running the latest firmware. Run on a track 150 x 50. Loose loamy surface.

Also had 2 different packs puff on me this week. I run 2 2s packs. One pack is fine the one that is connected to the negative side is the one puffing up. I use the tekin wire. Quality bullet connects and run a jumper the same length as the leads off the esc. Trying to download my current esc setting to post up.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pack "c" ratings? 2250 sounds like a lot of motor for that sized track...
Old 06-12-2012, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

[/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by DaveW
Pack "c" ratings? 2250 sounds like a lot of motor for that sized track...
Running Turnigy nano tech 6000 65 -130 c packs.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=17265

Running 5 degrees of timing and current limit is at 60
Old 06-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jtipsy

Running Turnigy nano tech 6000 65 -130 c packs.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=17265

Running 5 degrees of timing and current limit is at 60
Throttle curve? What is your LVC? Are you balance charging every charge? Are you using any - throttle EXP on your transmitter?

I ran 2 2s packs for months (just currently switched to 4s bricks for ROAR legality)... the pack on the positive side would occasionally swell... but reduce its size once it cooled down. I used Deans plugs, and a Y harness. (ESC+ to wire, to Deans to wire, to Deans to wire, to ESC-)

Im running a 2000kv (if i remember right my FD is like a high 12) and wont hesitate to drop the CL to 55 if the track is loose/loamy (green). Thats also with no timing advance, and geared to run 10 minutes at (what i consider) the edge of the MAX safe heat range (155 degrees on the motor).

For you, i can see you dropping the CL some more, considering your motor... and try dropping the timing to see if it hurts your top end.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DaveW
Throttle curve? What is your LVC? Are you balance charging every charge? Are you using any - throttle EXP on your transmitter?

I ran 2 2s packs for months (just currently switched to 4s bricks for ROAR legality)... the pack on the positive side would occasionally swell... but reduce its size once it cooled down. I used Deans plugs, and a Y harness. (ESC+ to wire, to Deans to wire, to Deans to wire, to ESC-)

Im running a 2000kv (if i remember right my FD is like a high 12) and wont hesitate to drop the CL to 55 if the track is loose/loamy (green). Thats also with no timing advance, and geared to run 10 minutes at (what i consider) the edge of the MAX safe heat range (155 degrees on the motor).

For you, i can see you dropping the CL some more, considering your motor... and try dropping the timing to see if it hurts your top end.
LVC is at 3.3 per cell or 13.2 is what it is under custom. Linear throttle curve exp on radio for throttle 80 and if i didnt kill the pack i discharged before recharging. If not racing the week i put packs in storage charge.

Going to order some new packs, thinking of throttle worx his 6000mah 50c packs. Nice price and i like the customer service so far to the questions ive asked. Dave will try the new set up and my fdr is what the other Caster Team Drivers run.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jtipsy
LVC is at 3.3 per cell or 13.2 is what it is under custom. Linear throttle curve exp on radio for throttle 80 and if i didnt kill the pack i discharged before recharging. If not racing the week i put packs in storage charge.

Going to order some new packs, thinking of throttle worx his 6000mah 50c packs. Nice price and i like the customer service so far to the questions ive asked. Dave will try the new set up and my fdr is what the other Caster Team Drivers run.
Well it DOESNT sound like its your battery maintenance/LVC then. I can see if you didnt balance charge regularly or keep tabs on battery performance, how one cell could get outta whack and cause the puffiness.

I DONT discharge my packs before a recharge during race day (and i have reused my 2 2s packs upwards of 6 times in a day)... but i DO cycle and store after race day (for records keeping).

IMO, i think a lot of - EXP is a bad thing. It turns your trigger into a switch. I picked up runtime when i got rid of all throttle EXP (including the RX8 settings).

With that in mind, whats the collective opinion on reducing throttle EPA? If you set the speedo up 100%T/100%B and then reduce the throttle EPA in the interest of cutting power... are you generating more heat/resistance because the FETS never fully 'open' each cycle?
Old 06-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)
Default Pack C-Rating

Randy, et al:

You guys generally recommend 40C+ packs for the RX-8 and 1/8th scales.

What do you have to say about SMCs new "Premium Certified" packs that are rated 25C based on measured discharge characteristics, rather than marketing propaganda: http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=357870
Old 06-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Thanx for posting that, looks like a good read. C rating definitely needs a standard for all to follow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.