Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4-BC Super Dogfighter 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm sure I'm not the only one that will be anxiously awaiting a report on how well it works
Old 08-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

What pinion should i use for a Reedy KR 11/2 an d a Trinity Epic Binary Stock....?
Old 08-04-2004, 02:36 AM
Tech Regular

added observations on the slipper kit, the spur gear is an associated (kimbrough) gear except the center hole is bigger so you cant use a B4/T4 spur as is, you will need to make the hole bigger.

derek- i have used an 11x2 with a 18/84 gearing our track is a bit big its a 1/8th buggy track so long straights. you can try a 16 or 17 and go from there.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:12 AM
Tech Initiate

just wondering how the lock ring fixed on the slipper, does it have the plastic insert in it like a lock nut? if not it would be similar to the MX4 slipper which did tend to come undone. any comments
Old 08-04-2004, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by mike.stening
just wondering how the lock ring fixed on the slipper, does it have the plastic insert in it like a lock nut? if not it would be similar to the MX4 slipper which did tend to come undone. any comments
no it doesn't have a plastic insert. based on the pictures I have seen and the parts list of the MX4 the design is very similar. the instructions specify using a rubberized type thread lock. I used the tamiya thread lock.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:47 AM
Tech Initiate

hmmm. .that would make adjusting it quite tricky as i found out with the MX4 slipper i have, even with the cut away in the rear bulk head it is tough almost imppossible, really have to take the whole thing out to do it, but on the good side it does work, and i would hope the dual pad new one works better. also having the slipper in i found saved the rear diff plates taking a pounding.

a rubberised thread lock would be bettr than the standard ones as they go hard
Old 08-04-2004, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

if you look at the pictures there are three slots where you can slip an allen driver then by keeping the rear tires from moving you can adjust the slipper settings. the small instruction included shows how to do this and i tried it and it actually works and not that hard to do. I am hoping that this works as good as the b4 slipper as it is almost the same design.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:26 AM
Tech Initiate

just hope they turn up on these shores soon as the distributor hasnt heard anything from yoke about them yet apart from what they have seen on the team site
Old 08-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Aight, thanks. Now what about for an Epic Binary stock? I run both stock and mod.... so just need to have an idea. The track is kinda tight, a long straight but tons of switchbacks and short doubles and triples.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Guys.

Just thought i would get an idea of what setups ppl are running with the special.

Currently i run.

32.5wt AE oil, no.1 pistons, white springs, out side hole on tower and arms.
27.5wt AE oil, No.1 pistons, Green AE springs, Out side hole on tower and arms.

I have been using the Yokomo shocks aswell, they seem to be a real improvement over previous yokomo efforts.

I have been gearing my 12x2 orion chrome 81/17.

Anyways guy post away.

Glenn
Old 08-20-2004, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Depends on the track you run, but the setup looks pretty good. I run the white springs all around with 30w oil in all too. Outside hole in front shock tower, inside front arm, middle back tower, outside on rear a-arm. I usually go 81/17 or 81/18 depending on tarck layout with 10x2 Reedy Kr.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

I also run the outside hole in rear hub for camber link, not sure about rest, will check car later.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:35 AM
Tech Initiate

set up wise
yoke shocks
35wt front, blue AE spring, no.1 piston. outside tower outside arms
30wt rear, silver AE spring, no.2 piston. middle tower outside arms
SD 1deg rear hubs set wheelbase to long
invader rear wing or AE high down force wing
rear shocks mounted on the rear of the shock tower and wishbones

orion V2 steenari 10x1 84/18 (occasionally run the 84t MX4 slipper unit)

mainly bumpy high grip grass tracks
Old 08-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Battery hold down strap or strapping tape?

do most of you use strapping tape, or the included battery hold down strap to secure the battery pack on your MR4-BCS? The included battery strap doesn't hold it down very well (a very poor design IMHO). Is there a good way to secure the battery with the strap, or is tape the best way to go? Tape is a major pain, and I can't believe they put this kit out with such a crappy hold down strap.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

I tape the batteries in. I have used the posts, and I added velcro to the underside of the "t" to make a tighter fit, but one of the posts broke during a race and I've had the batteries wiggle their way out before too. I've removed the posts now and just tape the batteries in. The tape is a pain, but I feel more secure that way. Also, I know Penguin makes a velcro hold down system that would work for BC, but a little dremel work might be necessary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.