Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
I was referring to the race roller? Sounds like the RTR is what you have? How was the build quality?
Quality was good, but they use no loctite so needs a going over
Old 06-18-2012, 04:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by akesj1
Quality was good, but they use no loctite so needs a going over
Thank you. That was my concern. Figured I would have to strip it down. Uhg.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bought a used 8e with a mamba monster setup. I plug in the 4s and nothing happens on the esc. The steering servo works just fine. There is no switch on it, the wires are just solder together. They guy send it worked fine when it shipped. I am not sure what to do. I have tried three different lipos and two receivers.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rapala
Bought a used 8e with a mamba monster setup. I plug in the 4s and nothing happens on the esc. The steering servo works just fine. There is no switch on it, the wires are just solder together. They guy send it worked fine when it shipped. I am not sure what to do. I have tried three different lipos and two receivers.

make sure everything is plugged in correctly. try a different motor if you can. then call castle and get the thing fixed.. should only take you two months. and a hundred bucks..castle in my experience is busy and it take a long time to get things fixed.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hotbodiesd4
my losi 2.0 has a heap of slop in the hubs,steering links etc. do any of your have slop? or should i replace hub bearings?
this thing is one sloppy piece of ( **** ) its built on slop. it runs on slop. the more the better. go race and see you will love it..
Old 06-18-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

any body know of a steel sper gear that replaces that plastic peace of crap..???? me and 2 other guys this weekend, blew 6 of those god dang plastic things,.... getting tired of of ten here ten there to get it running. I think losi had a bad batch or what ever. thanks I know it not nice to bash but come on.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko
any body know of a steel sper gear that replaces that plastic peace of crap..???? me and 2 other guys this weekend, blew 6 of those god dang plastic things,.... getting tired of of ten here ten there to get it running. I think losi had a bad batch or what ever. thanks I know it not nice to bash but come on.
Losi 48T Center Differential Spur Gear
[LOSA3516]
These are the ones from the nitro version.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko

Ive ran Plastic on Ebug and ETrug for Years with Zero issues. Ill take a bet and say either you had them meshed too tight/loose. Or some foreign material got in there and did some damage. Plastic Spurs are Tougher than you would think.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rapala
You probably need to perform the initiation sequence. Turn on your radio and pull the trigger all the way back. Have somebody plug in the baterry and wait for a series of tones. Once your hear the tones apply full brake and wait for another series. Once you hear the 2nd set of tones return to neutral and wait for a 3rd set. Unplug and replug . . .
Old 06-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
You probably need to perform the initiation sequence. Turn on your radio and pull the trigger all the way back. Have somebody plug in the baterry and wait for a series of tones. Once your hear the tones apply full brake and wait for another series. Once you hear the 2nd set of tones return to neutral and wait for a 3rd set. Unplug and replug . . .
was going to say same thing, 1st time I did this it took a few tries, now its a piece of Cake and necessary with any Radio switch
Old 06-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I had the same issue with my Losi 8te, I stripped out 5 spurs running an RX8/T8 2050, what I think was happening is after some solid fast smooth laps everything would heat up including the plastic spur, then if I would get a little out of shape in the air and would have to punch it to get the nose up is when the motor would go max rpm and shred the spur. A friend of mine is an expert racer said that he heard that if you take out that little plastic motor support that rear to mid of the motor can rests on, it should fix the problem. I was never able to see that worked cause all my R/c's got ripped off outta my truck last week. But I am running a 48t steel spur in my 8ight 1.0 buggy and it seems to be working really good. And it's not as loud as I thought it would be!

Originally Posted by Integra
Ive ran Plastic on Ebug and ETrug for Years with Zero issues. Ill take a bet and say either you had them meshed too tight/loose. Or some foreign material got in there and did some damage. Plastic Spurs are Tougher than you would think.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Unhappy

I thought it might be a mesh thing also/.. the gear that was in it at the start of the race had been in it for 8 months of racing. had two in the box just in case...

using bce chassis it didnt have the brace for the motor drilled so I thought maybe motor flex. so I drilled the chassis put the brace in and the next race melted sper. had three other guys check clearance. thought maybe pinnion was going bad changed to 14 tooth from 15 still happened. motor temped out at 157 first run second run was 185 at finish of heat race car stopped at the last turn and gear was toast again. went to hobby store bought three 45's didnt make a race to finish. I personally think losi has a problem with plastics consistency. just ask any body running a losi back bumper on a scte. I have gone through 12 of them. wifes getting pissed seeing bills coming from replacing parts. yeh I know.. get a life. shit happens but come on I wasn't the only guy having problems three other racers had the same problem at the races this weekend. e -mailed losi. they say.. sorry . must be your set up.. want to buy more ? I have been racing rc cars for 50 yrs now, ask me if I know what im doing.. hell no... dont know a fu**ing thing but after traveling 400 miles round trip to a race this kind of stuff makes me wonder why I still do it.. just venting.. Thanks for all the help here. CRS doesnt help.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

stripping your gears??????? I have been running a 2250kv motor on my plastic 45t spur and have never stripped it.... Im wondering if you guys are using reverse or your breaks too hard!!!! These motors are not like nitro where you can hit the breaks full blast!!!! Your mesh should whistle....are you guys driving hard on the gear?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
stripping your gears??????? I have been running a 2250kv motor on my plastic 45t spur and have never stripped it.... Im wondering if you guys are using reverse or your breaks too hard!!!! These motors are not like nitro where you can hit the breaks full blast!!!! Your mesh should whistle....are you guys driving hard on the gear?
+1. I have been ruuning the same plastic spur gear forever. All of the local Losi drivers use plastic also with very few if any problems. Something does not seem right. I do run a 1750 kv motor which might make a difference.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:16 AM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I had no problems stripping plastic spur gears when I drove indoors and very well groomed clay tracks which is more of a very nice sized 1/10 track.

The second I race at the 1/8 track with a 200 ft straight, huge jumps, with dirt, sand, and lots of loam, I coudln't keep my spur gears from stripping. Coming off a huge jump (40+ ft gap 15+ ft in the air), you can't expect to never land on throttle or have to brake hard for one reason or another. On top of that, the landing from that type of jump will cause the chassis to flex considerably. And with all the debris, it was just too much for my spur gears.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.