Search

Traxxas Slash, SETUPS ONLY ! ! ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

you should always use a traxxas slash replacement spur gear
Old 08-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Sounds good, i run a brushless venlion the norm i beleave most brushless come with and truck beside the revo. not sure if that makes a diff in my gearing or not.????

thanks for the help
SSG Stevens
Old 08-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captaindemo17
Curious as to if anyone has had problems with the slipper back plate being bent. I have one that is slightly bent and causes the spur to wobble back and forth causing the gear mesh to be inconsistant. Has anyone put a different slipper on from a different brand? thanks in advance!
Yeah, I have 3 out of 3 wobbling plates. Does anyone have a fix for this?
Old 08-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by revostevens
Sounds good, i run a brushless venlion the norm i beleave most brushless come with and truck beside the revo. not sure if that makes a diff in my gearing or not.????

thanks for the help
SSG Stevens
do you know the kv on the motor, or does anyone know the kv.trying to help you out. is the velinion considered a 540 size motor.what type of battery are you using.is it lipo or nimh.just to let you know the traxxas gear cover has a small opening above the axle, if you go with rpm gear cover it will be completely enclosed.will help keep dirt out better, i imagine its rough terrain in iraq.i read another thread where i was asking questions, and the person said drop two teeth, said motor was a little warm.nobody seems to be stripping gears.i'am thinking it has to do with the terrain.if its sand it will be much harder for a rc truck to run in, youve heard about what grass does to a rc motor, it causes them to overheat and burn out.another thought might be that the slipper is too tight, i believe it should only slip 6" to 1' . trying to help, god bless you for serving this country.one last thing i will ask to see if anyone has ever heard of a steel spur.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

revostevens, how hot does it get in iraq, i've heard 110-120, if these temps are true then the transmission case could be warping, i believe www.integy.com makes aluminum tranny cases i'll look it up reak quick.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok i looked for 39.99 they do sell a aluminum transmission case. part t8098blue the silver version won't become available until late aug.the website is www.integy.com
Old 08-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Tech Initiate

it does get realy hot here, yesterday it was around 133 degree....its the hottest here during this month, also to add i dont run my slash durring the peak hours of the day, i generaly run it about 30 min before it gets dark or if i can i run it first thing soon as sun starts peaking out in the morning when its like 70 degrees at 4 am in the morning. i try to stick to those time one being its the coolest and i know the heat would kill my fun time here so i keep it to minamum time ran and when. hope this helps. today i ordered a new trans just to be on safe side of things later and about 15 spur gears and few pinion gears i love the parts being cheap as $3.00 lol. if i may miss something and or anyone has new ideas please feel free, cuase as i said im fearly new to the gearing and such.

thanks for listening and all the help.
SSG Stevens
Old 08-10-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the offset diffrence between the front and rear rims for the slash. thanks in advance
Old 08-10-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

keep us posted on how it does with the new tranny. and 133 degrees, that is hot.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brian losey
ok i looked for 39.99 they do sell a aluminum transmission case. part t8098blue the silver version won't become available until late aug.
I have the silver case It transfers alot of heat, only thing I'm worried about is it heating up the bearings and gears. Could be a good thing if it gets it into operating temp for the lubricants though.

When setting the spur make sure you spin the whole thing around to set the mesh at the high spots.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

133 in the day and 70 at night? Whoda thunk 70 ever felt sooo dayamn cold? Thanks for your service.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah this is the Hottest month here just like any other place but a little hotter lol. you know im woundering if my tires and terain have to do with my truck and spur gears grinding??? I have muddog tires on from and mud trackers on the back (the ones with nobs on the tires to dig in for better traction) and i also run it in hard dirt too and rocks right now, the rock are what the military lays down for our humvees an track vecheles due to the winter months here if rains alot so mud gets bad so the rocks help alot with that. so im thinking my rock issue my have something to due with the gears too??? i really dont have any where else to run my truck honestly..... man i wish i was back home lol ied like to start racing my truck too if i could.

Hey thanks for all the help guys!!! keep me posted please.
SSG Stevens
Old 08-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Initiate

New to the forums, just saw this thread. Some interesting info but I didn't see my question exactly.

I just got a slash and waiting on the Velineon system for it to come in. I have a very short backyard course that I setup and won't ever see flat out top speed. What gearing do you guys recommend for the VXL kit while keeping overheating in mind? I'm looking for a really conservative setup and not really concerned with top speed at all.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

15 to 18 tooth pinion on small tight tracks should be good
Old 08-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro neil
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the offset diffrence between the front and rear rims for the slash. thanks in advance
The front rims are offset slightly wider than the rear rims. I am currently running rear rims up front to make the truck turn better on our tight track.
kb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.