Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Slash, SETUPS ONLY ! ! ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GSRswapandslow
not really interested in a vxl.....i had one in my last slash and hated it. it's not smooth and the esc has no tuning capabilitly. put a mambamax and velineon motor in my t4 and then decided the motor was decent but i sold that to a buddy before i bought this slash.
And you were not happy with the VXL/Mamba combo? What do you think of the 4600 Mamba?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Matt Sunderlage
Search on google for "Slash Sealed Diff" should be thrown to a link to a R/C Car article explaining how to do it. Only takes 2 o-rings, 2 shims, diff fluid of your choice, liquid sealant, and a countersink. It works great!!!!!
thank you matt
Old 08-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Default sealed diff info

Brian-
Fast Lane Machine Slash Sealed diff. Review
Attention Slash owners our prayers have been answered!!!
Ok guys,

The great folks over at Fast Lane Machining have made something all of us Slash owners have been waiting for. If you haven't seen it or heard about it well here it is:

It's a brand new sealed Diff that uses the stock gears.

http://www.fastlanemachine.com/Publi...5/Default.aspx

Sealed Diff FLM20010

Diff is machined out of billet 7075 aluminum
Gear is machined out of high carbon steel then heat treated for long life
Diff is completely sealed
Diff is tuneable for varying track conditions, by running different weight diff fluids
Complete kit, all you need is your stock internal gears and you are ready to rock
$45.00 per kit
Old 08-05-2009, 06:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Any ideas how to get more front end steering? We had a CORR race on an onroad track over the weekend and I had a lot of off power understeer, and issues getting into the corners. My VXL powered Slash got belted by a Stock rtr SC10 as he had no problems cornering.

Am using the Alloy Shocks, 35w oil all round, outer most positions on front arms, stock springs with no spacers, Red E-Maxx springs with no spacers in rear.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

I am looking for a set up for my new slash. We race this truck pretty much stock with jumps and on asphalt. any suggestions....
Old 08-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default brushless

what pion/spur are people using for their slash's if using a 17.5 motor.thanks
Old 08-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
Any ideas how to get more front end steering? We had a CORR race on an onroad track over the weekend and I had a lot of off power understeer, and issues getting into the corners. My VXL powered Slash got belted by a Stock rtr SC10 as he had no problems cornering.

Am using the Alloy Shocks, 35w oil all round, outer most positions on front arms, stock springs with no spacers, Red E-Maxx springs with no spacers in rear.
lower ride height by puting shock limiters in side shock body
Old 08-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus

I tried several things and finally I ended up replacing my servo and that did it, now I can turn in a dime
Old 08-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tupapi77
I tried several things and finally I ended up replacing my servo and that did it, now I can turn in a dime
What kind of gearing do you setup your VXL with?- Currently I am running 22/86.
Thanks,Eric
Old 08-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bowl806
What kind of gearing do you setup your VXL with?- Currently I am running 22/86.
Thanks,Eric
I used to run that too had lots of speed but the torque wasn't all that, I was having trouble clearing a triple double so I moved to 19/86 and now I have more torque for the jumps and a decent top speed, remember that you win the races on the turns and not on the straight line
Old 08-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default trouble with spur gears.

hey, i have a slash with hop-up on it and just recently went to brushless this last week..... sence switching i have been running 17pin/86spur but i have grinded down 2 spur gears now...whats the deal??? also im not sure but my motor sound as if its not catching the trans right kind wiends when i give it a little punch. please i am new to this can some one help a deployed Soldier out, so i can have some fun during my down time an not have to order wrong parts an wait longer to recieve them.
any advise??

thanks
SSG Stevens
Old 08-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

reset your gear mesh and check to see if your sliper is to loose go back to factory setting from your manuel
Old 08-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Could someone tell me how to "drill out" the hingpins? I run the stock set up with some oil tweaks and ride heights adjusted but I wanna see if this will help.

Thanks guys
Old 08-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tupapi77
I used to run that too had lots of speed but the torque wasn't all that, I was having trouble clearing a triple double so I moved to 19/86 and now I have more torque for the jumps and a decent top speed, remember that you win the races on the turns and not on the straight line
sounds good- Thanks for the setup!- I'll try that. Forgot to add--I am running 2s 5250; no problem?
Old 08-08-2009, 05:21 AM
Tech Initiate

resetting the gear mesh??? not totally sure what your talking about ??? sorry like i said before im little new to this, special when it come to the gearing or gears everthing else ive been fine with. i was woundering if there was a steel spur gear that maybe i should pick up?? or some one coould help me and explain it to me barnnie style?

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.