Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rgrg2
For a B6D and a T5M, on a track that has a hard pack, dusty top, but gets watered after each round of heats, would you use the 3D on front and rear, or do you ever use combinations of 3D and Doible Dees? The track usually drys up after a round or two.

Thanks
It depends on the soil type and how hard / abrasive the base is. The harder the base, the more likely I will use a 3D. On buggy I usually use a Bar Code or Dirt Web front to match the 3D rear. Its been a while since I ran truck, but usually I would run a DD front when running a DD rear. I may run a DD front with a 3D rear if Im looking for smoother steering on a looser surface, but I probably wouldn't run a 3D front/ DD rear.

Do you have any pics or vids of the track?

Ray
Old 06-26-2017, 05:24 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lazygreek
I saw on Facebook that JConcepts has a Tire Balance in the works... any ETA on when to get one ?
They are in route now, so should be very soon.
wyd likes this.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me if the jconcepts strike 2 body for Associated B3 electric will fit the Mugen MBX7R eco?
Old 06-26-2017, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ray_munday
It depends on the soil type and how hard / abrasive the base is. The harder the base, the more likely I will use a 3D. On buggy I usually use a Bar Code or Dirt Web front to match the 3D rear. Its been a while since I ran truck, but usually I would run a DD front when running a DD rear. I may run a DD front with a 3D rear if Im looking for smoother steering on a looser surface, but I probably wouldn't run a 3D front/ DD rear.

Do you have any pics or vids of the track?

Ray
Here is a pic
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-image.jpg  
Old 06-26-2017, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default Another pic

Here's another pic
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-image.jpg  
Old 06-26-2017, 09:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ray_munday
Hi mate,

I put together a JC tyre chart a few years ago which shows some of the tyre options I use on our tracks. Its hard to say for sure without a picture of the surface, but the general rules I follow are:

- If the track is soft, then Flip Outs are my go to. They dig into the surface better than anything else. Based on your description, these may be the go.
- If it has a hard base but dusty on top, then 3D is an option. These are a combination pin / bar tyre. But they wont dig into a soft surface the way a Flip Out will.
- Double Dees are good if the track has a damp line but loose on top.

Hope this helps

Ray
Thanks. I'll give the 3D a shot.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:21 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
They are in route now, so should be very soon.
Nice. Want to get a bunch of these for the shop. Should go pretty quick. You happen to have a price on those PW?
Old 07-03-2017, 01:14 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Is there a new clay compound or treaded tire to replace the dirt webs coming out? I've noticed dirt webs on sale everywhere. Also, what is the best tire/compound for outdoor blue groove with dusty edges (prloline x2 electrons seem to be what everyone is using but want to try JC)?
Old 07-05-2017, 05:58 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
Nice. Want to get a bunch of these for the shop. Should go pretty quick. You happen to have a price on those PW?
Sorry, but haven't seen any pricing for them yet.

Is there a new clay compound or treaded tire to replace the dirt webs coming out? I've noticed dirt webs on sale everywhere. Also, what is the best tire/compound for outdoor blue groove with dusty edges (prloline x2 electrons seem to be what everyone is using but want to try JC)?
I haven't seen anything new yet, but I have noticed the latest batches of Gold compound feel really good/softer.

We have been using Dirt Mazes (R2/O2 compound).
Old 07-05-2017, 08:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Help wih tire selection

The track I run at used to run astro, has moved, and is now running on black crc. I run stock buggy, stock truck, and mod 4 buggy. Just put new tires on the stock truck and they are hooked up out of the package.

The jcon pin downs and swaggers in pink have been exceptional on the astro, and they seem to work very well on the black crc. They have plenty of run time built in. Love them! With a little pin trimming and ca, it's what the fast guys run so, I do too.

Here is my question now. We will be going on a south west road trip in a few weeks and may run some outdoor on unknown surfaces and possibly indoor clay.

Probably just pack the stock buggy.

So what tire would I want to have on hand to be able to run? Clay? Dirt? Not sure where it might work out timing wise, but want them on hand.

Thank you, Roger
Old 07-05-2017, 10:46 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RWTY
The track I run at used to run astro, has moved, and is now running on black crc. I run stock buggy, stock truck, and mod 4 buggy. Just put new tires on the stock truck and they are hooked up out of the package.

The jcon pin downs and swaggers in pink have been exceptional on the astro, and they seem to work very well on the black crc. They have plenty of run time built in. Love them! With a little pin trimming and ca, it's what the fast guys run so, I do too.

Here is my question now. We will be going on a south west road trip in a few weeks and may run some outdoor on unknown surfaces and possibly indoor clay.

Probably just pack the stock buggy.

So what tire would I want to have on hand to be able to run? Clay? Dirt? Not sure where it might work out timing wise, but want them on hand.

Thank you, Roger
Unfortunately we need a little more info. Do you know the name of any of the tracks you may visit?
Old 07-05-2017, 12:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by PW
Unfortunately we need a little more info. Do you know the name of any of the tracks you may visit?
I really want to make a stop at MHOR R/C Raceway in Aurora, CO. Have them marked on Google maps and it could work out timing wise on the way out or back. Both would be even better.

Seeing that they have an indoor and outdoor track and not sure what day Wed or Sat we might get by, info on both would be greatly appreciated. I don't get to race outside so that would be real cool.

I'm in MN and want to get into more outside racing, but time is pinched in that regard, so I get my fix indoors.
thank you, Roger
Old 07-05-2017, 01:18 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RWTY
I really want to make a stop at MHOR R/C Raceway in Aurora, CO. Have them marked on Google maps and it could work out timing wise on the way out or back. Both would be even better.

Seeing that they have an indoor and outdoor track and not sure what day Wed or Sat we might get by, info on both would be greatly appreciated. I don't get to race outside so that would be real cool.

I'm in MN and want to get into more outside racing, but time is pinched in that regard, so I get my fix indoors.
thank you, Roger
Okay...Indoor is easy, I recommend gold compound Dirt Webs or Space Bars with the stock Dirt Tech inserts.

Outdoor looks to be kinda loose, so I recommend green Double Dee's or Flip Outs in the rear and green Rips in the front; all with the stock white inserts.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any updates on a 2016/17 xb4 body? Thanks
Old 07-06-2017, 05:27 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racingnewb
Any updates on a 2016/17 xb4 body? Thanks
Still on the list, but several projects in front of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.