Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
I will look into it.

We have had several customers tell us that they use the 4PK case, but I can't confirm it myself. I will try and found out.
This does work. I test fit my 4PL in Mike Gay's 4PK case and it fit's fine.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:46 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KAWIDAD
Any idea when the carbon fiber steering rack for the ae vehicles (jci2264) will be back in stock?
Not sure; I will try and find out.

Thank you Bob
Old 08-14-2013, 12:16 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Click Here for info - over 400 pre entries and counting
Old 08-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I have the Futaba hard case and a 4pl didn't fit. Would take major trimming. Don't know if the jconcepts case foam is different, but that's my experience.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

I don't participate much on this site anymore, but I want to thank JC for the awesome sway bar kit. I built one that turned out to be very similar to BKs original about a year and a half ago (thanks to too much time and a scaling ruler and a bunch of pictures) and the JC product contains several pieces (aka pre bent sway bars, chassis mounting hardware) that are an improvement over my original knock off.

Plus, it comes with that bomb PW setup....

Thanks again.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

I tried 3ds (green) last night on our medium bite clay track with some dust and they worked great on my B4.2FT. Great balance of forward and side bite. I would recommend these to everyone that races at Dirtburners in Livonia.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by arizona82
I have the Futaba hard case and a 4pl didn't fit. Would take major trimming. Don't know if the jconcepts case foam is different, but that's my experience.
As I said, I took my radio and placed it in Mike's JConcepts case for the 4PK and it fit fine.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PW
This definitely isn't normal; what type/brand of wheel are you using?
Hi, like Wildcat said, I was able to fix it. but.... Only for a short period of time..
I fixed it, ran a race on sunday and the clicking is there again..

I'm running the Team Associated 12mm hex wheels.
The other axle doesn't have this problem.

I tried many things, putting all new bearings, switching axles, removing some material in side the steering block so the bigger diameter of the axle cant rub it, 1 shim, 2 shims..... The clicking is still there, it's driving me nuts.

I did noticed when I opened the package the axle that is clicking had a little rougher finish on the bigger diameter part?

Here is a video I made about the clicking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWLTb...JEPA4y_frbEI6A
Old 08-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'm building my rib and wedge turn buckles for my b4.2 but I have a question. Is everyone using the smaller cups all the way around other than the angled cups in the rear? I built my rear turn buckles with the angled cups on the u brace and the heavy duty cups on the hub tower. I was planning on using the smaller cups in the front unless there are other recommendations.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIGSKI15
I'm building my rib and wedge turn buckles for my b4.2 but I have a question. Is everyone using the smaller cups all the way around other than the angled cups in the rear? I built my rear turn buckles with the angled cups on the u brace and the heavy duty cups on the hub tower. I was planning on using the smaller cups in the front unless there are other recommendations.
I built mine with the beefier cups in the front, the normal looking cups on the steering rack and the beefier/angled on the back with the angled one at the hub carrier. This is what worked well for me.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D.Martijn
Hi, like Wildcat said, I was able to fix it. but.... Only for a short period of time..
I fixed it, ran a race on sunday and the clicking is there again..

I'm running the Team Associated 12mm hex wheels.
The other axle doesn't have this problem.

I tried many things, putting all new bearings, switching axles, removing some material in side the steering block so the bigger diameter of the axle cant rub it, 1 shim, 2 shims..... The clicking is still there, it's driving me nuts.

I did noticed when I opened the package the axle that is clicking had a little rougher finish on the bigger diameter part?

Here is a video I made about the clicking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWLTb...JEPA4y_frbEI6A
How many axle shims are you using behind the nut that locks the axle in the steering block? I use one so the axle has a little play but if you use two or more it might be putting too much strain on the bearings and causing the clicking.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

I tried one but it was still there...
Old 08-15-2013, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

I'm new to 2wd buggy and need suggestion for tires, I'm running on the track with very thick dust.

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2013, 05:45 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by D.Martijn
I tried one but it was still there...
I've never seen this before and not sure what it could be. Did you order the axles direct or through a distributor? Maybe we can get you a replacement depending where you got them.

I'm new to 2wd buggy and need suggestion for tires, I'm running on the track with very thick dust.
Can we get a little more info about the track? Is it hard packed with dust on top or soft/thick surface? I always start with 3D's when the surface is multi-layered.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

At Bashers RC Racway we usually run Green Barcodes front and rear (V1)... (2wd/4wd buggy)

Is there another setup that offers similar traction but last a little longer? I am getting tired of replacing tires every few visits to the track.

Thanks!
-Venom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.