Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

What do you think of rips on a clay/clayish tracks versus barcodes?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

any word on a finnisher for the ZX5? I had to get a bulldog because you guys dont have one yet.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DSouza
What do you think of rips on a clay/clayish tracks versus barcodes?
Can you be a little more specific; like indoor wet clay or wet dirt? Outdoor red clay?

any word on a finnisher for the ZX5? I had to get a bulldog because you guys dont have one yet.
Unfortunately not; it's basically on the back-burner right now.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Can someone simply put a color to the plastic in wings already?!!

Really, maybe a smokey white like we already do with a scuff pad on new wings anyway, black... a blue... or whatever color.
Almost all of us scuff wings to give them some contrast for visibility on the track. Why not have that done from the first step? Instead of clear, mold a colored lexan.
Here's someone doing it in the UK, but you can't get them here. Their 10£ for the wing and 10£ shipping, that's $32 for one wing or $48 for two wings. Not gonna do that.

They have other great wing design thoughts also but maybe manufacturers can copy them... but color can't be protected.
http://l-m-racing.co.uk/products/ind...&product_id=62

Maybe it's already been done in the US and didn't sell, maybe this is an old thought. But why not at least do a opaque white that is about the same as a scuffed up clear wing. Nothing to do at the track when swapping out to a fresh wing... unwrap, ream holes and mount.

If you do colors, do me a favor and make a wing for the B44.2 in blue first... I know, selfish

Last edited by fq06; 12-11-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Thank you Paul for hooking me up with those Gold Presure Points this past weekend. They were definately money on my SC at Shiverville.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06

Really, maybe a smokey white like we already do with a scuff pad on new wings anyway, black... a blue... or whatever color.
Almost all of us scuff wings to give them some contrast for visibility on the track. Why not have that done from the first step? Instead of clear, mold a colored lexan.
Here's someone doing it in the UK, but you can't get them here. Their 10£ for the wing and 10£ shipping, that's $32 for one wing or $48 for two wings. Not gonna do that.

They have other great wing design thoughts also but maybe manufacturers can copy them... but color can't be protected.

Maybe it's already been done in the US and didn't sell, maybe this is an old thought. But why not at least do a opaque white that is about the same as a scuffed up clear wing. Nothing to do at the track when swapping out to a fresh wing... unwrap, ream holes and mount.

If you do colors, do me a favor and make a wing for the B44.2 in blue first... I know, selfish
If you read the description it says that they are 'smoked' with spray paint, so basically he is painting it for you.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Can't wait for the new updated tire chart. I found it very helpful... Looks like the Bar Codes were born on Clay tracks, very specifically tailored since it only falls into so few categories...

What is the main difference between Gold and Green compound? Do Gold compound last longer than Green on clay?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
If you read the description it says that they are 'smoked' with spray paint, so basically he is painting it for you.
Ah, your right. One up them, spill a little color into the lexan before it goes in the mold.
Kind of like the white plastic tube in the attached image.
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-grandevision5ml_1.jpg  

Last edited by fq06; 12-11-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
Can't wait for the new updated tire chart. I found it very helpful... Looks like the Bar Codes were born on Clay tracks, very specifically tailored since it only falls into so few categories...

What is the main difference between Gold and Green compound? Do Gold compound last longer than Green on clay?
Gold = good for moist clay or packed topsoil tracks

Green = good for dry, more dusty surfaces.

Blue = somewhere in between (or for same conditions as green but very hot temperatures).

Green is one of the softest compounds so it would normally wear the fastest.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm with this guy, a colored wing would rock, 6.5" high flow (clearance) wing in yellow first please LOL.

Krom.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Gold = good for moist clay or packed topsoil tracks

Green = good for dry, more dusty surfaces.

Blue = somewhere in between (or for same conditions as green but very hot temperatures).

Green is one of the softest compounds so it would normally wear the fastest.
Thanks Davidka, that explains why the Gold compound dominates the racing scene around my area. The tracks here are very well kept and hard packed clay.

I really love the JConcepts stuff. There's no question that they design towards high quality...
Old 12-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default dirt

it's indoor California wet dirt with a little clay in it, not like Florida. it appears gold works best when the tracks wet but as it dries out the blues seem better. i've only run barcodes so far.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:24 AM
PW
Tech Elite

The simple answer is 99% of the wings are formed with other bodies at the same time making the wing clear. Maybe it's something for us down the road though .
Old 12-12-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PW
The simple answer is 99% of the wings are formed with other bodies at the same time making the wing clear. Maybe it's something for us down the road though .
Yeah, that makes sense.

Can I get the 1% in opaque white?

Thought if any of the big companies would break out of the norm it would be you guys.

Brian C pointed out that years ago people were using Rit dye... gonna try that out on an unmolested high flow I have waiting. Going to have to be a color, no white from Rit.

If I go end over end enough, I will have the opportunity to try a few colors in a short amount of time

The die cut sticker pack that comes with the wing to give further contrast is a good idea as well... lee Martin's full of em!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DSouza
it's indoor California wet dirt with a little clay in it, not like Florida. it appears gold works best when the tracks wet but as it dries out the blues seem better. i've only run barcodes so far.
I think the name of it is San Emigdio loam, but I can't be certain because I don't know exactly where it was sourced. I don't think it's Porterville clay. Here is the interactive map if you want to check it out yourself.

http://soilstogo.uckare.org/

It's not like the soil they have at OCRC, WCRC, or A Main which I would describe as clay and wet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.