Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree170Likes

Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-05-2018, 08:42 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Cain
Yokomo YZ-2T details to include setup
3 Pad Slipper Conversion Parts needed:
  • YOKS4-303OP Slipper Outer Plate
  • YOKS4-303P1 Slipper Pate Disc Plate
  • YOKB2-670C Slipper Pad (need 1 of these)
Stock Spring Measured Rating (By Neal Lewis)
  • Front: 7.17 n/cm 4.10 lb/in 54.5mm length
  • Rear: 3.77 n/cm 2.15 lb/in 72mm length

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 09:33 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petersen114
Won't be racing on carpet. Only door clay and outdoor clay/dirt.
that cause still personally like the DTM2 aluminum rack, just a fan of an aluminum rack versus plastic regardless of conditions. Keep the LD tranny and use the ball diff. Should be some nice clay setups out there on petit you can use

Originally Posted by Milkdudd
Thinking about buying the finned aluminum shock caps for my yokomo truck and buggy. Yes I know they will not make me faster. Just like the looks of them. Thing is I already have the hard aluminum standoffs. Anyone know if it's okay to run aluminum on aluminum in that location? Or else I guess I could put the plastic standoffs back on but would rather not of course. Cheers
run them here, I haven't seen an issue personally like weird wear, etc. I could see it though if you are on say fine dirt or something there maybe.

Side thing, got in an SC sized chassis here going to be playing with doing an oval style YZ2T based vehicle.
Milkdudd likes this.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thinking about buying the finned aluminum shock caps for my yokomo truck and buggy. Yes I know they will not make me faster. Just like the looks of them. Thing is I already have the hard aluminum standoffs. Anyone know if it's okay to run aluminum on aluminum in that location? Or else I guess I could put the plastic standoffs back on but would rather not of course. Cheers
The aluminum caps are supposedly finned to help dissipate heat from the fluid... but that's likely not making or breaking races for us. I think the more important factor is that they hold a slightly larger fluid volume. I know a few folks that have ran the alloy standoffs and shock caps, including myself, and some of us had problems with the hard coating wearing off in environments with abrasive dust (we're all racing indoor clay). The solution is to either: 1) run a softer shock standoff like the one PSM offers, lubricate it, and replace when worn or 2) Use the stock plastic shock standoffs. Personally, I would use the stock standoffs with the alloy caps. Having both offers no improvement in performance.
petersen114 and Milkdudd like this.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

What length motor sensor wire is required with this truck?

Old 05-28-2020, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default Carpet ST

Hello Gang!!!
Cain I remember you from our Durango days. Been out of indoor track for a few years. Thinking of getting an ST for our local track. My favourite class. I will be at Norcal Hobbies in California which switched to carpet. Haven’t been down there since they switched to carpet from clay.
Open for suggestions. Between this and probably the TLR.
MES on here used to have the TLR
Pros?
Cons?
Thanks all!!
Old 05-29-2020, 09:41 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
Hello Gang!!!
Cain I remember you from our Durango days. Been out of indoor track for a few years. Thinking of getting an ST for our local track. My favourite class. I will be at Norcal Hobbies in California which switched to carpet. Haven’t been down there since they switched to carpet from clay.
Pros?
Cons?
Thanks all!!
lol yeah those were some fun times. Sad to have seen them go, but that whole "Grass Roots" racing seemed in practice "we don't want to have a race team" racing.

the YZ2T on carpet with a few carpet specific changes is like a missile. Probably the only thing I do hope they look into and i heard it may be in the works is offering the a-arms in that material that the CAL3 / DTM3 a-arms are in for those who like to bang the boards hard.
WallyRC likes this.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
lol yeah those were some fun times. Sad to have seen them go, but that whole "Grass Roots" racing seemed in practice "we don't want to have a race team" racing.

the YZ2T on carpet with a few carpet specific changes is like a missile. Probably the only thing I do hope they look into and i heard it may be in the works is offering the a-arms in that material that the CAL3 / DTM3 a-arms are in for those who like to bang the boards hard.
If and when the time comes and I know I am for sure getting one I will message you regarding what parts I will need for carpet. Thx
Cain likes this.
Old 06-12-2020, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

A buddy of mine gave me a new metal gear diff kit. Would like to try it out so I would like to know what weight diff oil would be god for outdoor dirt/clay and indoor clay? Also are the .5mm steering block plates shorter than the 1mm? Having issues w/ the ball cups rubbing on the inside of the wheel!!
Old 07-04-2020, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Do the anti swayers help this truck at all?
Old 07-06-2020, 06:57 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WallyRC
Hello Gang!!!
Pros?
Cons?
Thanks all!!
As you mentioned, I used to have the 22T 4.0 and my son still has the YZ-2T. My TLR had all the optional roll center parts and was very easy to drive fast with the rear shocks in the front of the tower. You don't need that many options on the Yokomo truck, it has more steering and is much nicer to work on. We found it a bit twitchy sometimes, but with the rear shocks behind the tower it has still all the steering you'll need and is easier to drive. I'd recommend making the holes in the body a bit larger and maybe adding the JConcepts Finnisher body to your list. If you are not in a hurry, they are working on a revised version with an improved steering assembly, chassis and rear hubs ATM.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mes
As you mentioned, I used to have the 22T 4.0 and my son still has the YZ-2T. My TLR had all the optional roll center parts and was very easy to drive fast with the rear shocks in the front of the tower. You don't need that many options on the Yokomo truck, it has more steering and is much nicer to work on. We found it a bit twitchy sometimes, but with the rear shocks behind the tower it has still all the steering you'll need and is easier to drive. I'd recommend making the holes in the body a bit larger and maybe adding the JConcepts Finnisher body to your list. If you are not in a hurry, they are working on a revised version with an improved steering assembly, chassis and rear hubs ATM.
Good Info!!
Thank you!!
mes likes this.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Wow!!!! Two simple questions and not one answer!!!! Is this truck junk or something!!??
Old 07-08-2020, 12:06 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Wow!!!! Two simple questions and not one answer!!!! Is this truck junk or something!!??
The truck is junk because you don't get any reply to generic set-up questions? My oh my... Gear diffs are generally used on carpet and astro, not dirt. Sway bars are used for set-up adjustments and may be good or bad depending on your track. The 0.5 plates will make your steering more aggressive. I did not have any clearance issues with JConcepts Mono wheels, but sometimes things can be tight on stadium trucks.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mes
The truck is junk because you don't get any reply to generic set-up questions? My oh my... Gear diffs are generally used on carpet and astro, not dirt. Sway bars are used for set-up adjustments and may be good or bad depending on your track. The 0.5 plates will make your steering more aggressive. I did not have any clearance issues with JConcepts Mono wheels, but sometimes things can be tight on stadium trucks.
I didn't say the truck was junk. I asked. But anyway Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I didn't say the truck was junk. I asked. But anyway Thanks for the reply.
I realize you didn't call it junk so don't misunderstand this. In my opinion not only is this truck not junk but it is not junk more than any other stadium truck out there with the possible exception of the Xray
petersen114 likes this.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

I realize you didn't call it junk so don't misunderstand this. In my opinion not only is this truck not junk but it is not junk more than any other stadium truck out there with the possible exception of the Xray
I think the truck is great. The only issue I have w/ it is that the shocks leak a bit. I ended up installing the gear diff and it works great on dirt for me. Although when traction comes up the truck wants to roll a bit. That's why I was curious about the anti-roll bars. This is my first stadium truck since my rc10-t's back in the mid 90's and we didn't have that option back then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.