Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1089Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.):

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Yes, it needs the arms need to be shimmed slightly to make the B6 hubs works. I asked Dustin this weekend they made updates to the aluminum hubs because the car was designed around the plastic hubs. Shave the arms slightly they fit fine.

The car itself is tremendously better then the B6 in my opinion.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Still looking for a good pinion/spur to start with for 17.5 in my 6.1D. The supplied 78 won’t allow anything larger than a 29ish pinion. I tried a 30 and while it “fit” the fitment was way too tight. Recommended in the manual is 29/72. My LHS hasn’t received any of the new spurs yet, looks like they’ll be about a week out. I’m still wondering why the 6.1 came with two spur options (72 and 78) but the 6.1D only came with a 78.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by fircrest
Still looking for a good pinion/spur to start with for 17.5 in my 6.1D. The supplied 78 won’t allow anything larger than a 29ish pinion. I tried a 30 and while it “fit” the fitment was way too tight. Recommended in the manual is 29/72. My LHS hasn’t received any of the new spurs yet, looks like they’ll be about a week out. I’m still wondering why the 6.1 came with two spur options (72 and 78) but the 6.1D only came with a 78.
30/69
Old 04-16-2018, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

I haven’t tried but the older spurs should fit with a slipper
Old 04-16-2018, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I received my outdoor 6.1 today. Got her built, put the brass C mount, 3 gear stand up, and set it up for loose outdoor tracks that I will be running from now till October. Have not been able to try it out yet, as my area has received 2" of rain in the last couple days and it is snowing now. lol Have to love Ohio weather, 80 Saturday and 34 today. Good thing is my practice track is on top a hill and will dry out in 1 decent day usually. So should be able to try her out by the end of the week.
jtodd57 and CrawJac like this.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tallguy2
So the aluminum b6 hubs won't work on the 6.1D? I saw something about they need to be milled for clearence.
you need to drill em a bit because they dont fit new rear arms
Old 04-17-2018, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big_Show
I received my outdoor 6.1 today. Got her built, put the brass C mount, 3 gear stand up, and set it up for loose outdoor tracks that I will be running from now till October. Have not been able to try it out yet, as my area has received 2" of rain in the last couple days and it is snowing now. lol Have to love Ohio weather, 80 Saturday and 34 today. Good thing is my practice track is on top a hill and will dry out in 1 decent day usually. So should be able to try her out by the end of the week.
LOL, thats gotta suck. We're going thru the same thing in KS and you dont know what to expect from day to day. My only saving grace is the track has indoor and outdoor at same place. Doesnt help the 1/8 scale guys though....
Old 04-17-2018, 07:26 AM
Tech Rookie

I haven’t noticed much talk about tire selection. For a 6.1D on fairly loose dirt, my LHS suggested proline blockade with proline 4 rib on the front. Can anyone confirm this is a good combination to start with? Maybe my googling skills are failing me today but I haven’t been able to find much info.
CrawJac likes this.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Luke204
For a 6.1D on fairly loose dirt, my LHS suggested proline blockade with proline 4 rib on the front. Can anyone confirm this is a good combination to start with?
Tire selection is usually hyper-localized so discussing it with people who don't know the particular surface of your track might not be very useful in the end. If your LHS knows the track that you're running at, then their advice should be good. The best thing to do is to get in contact with people who run there and speak to them directly. At looser outdoor tracks, you'll probably come across only a few agreed upon options.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Luke204
I haven’t noticed much talk about tire selection. For a 6.1D on fairly loose dirt, my LHS suggested proline blockade with proline 4 rib on the front. Can anyone confirm this is a good combination to start with? Maybe my googling skills are failing me today but I haven’t been able to find much info.
First, always trust the local guys for your local track vs the internet.

Second, I run hard packed clay that normally has a layer of dust and that combo is my typical starting point.
HeavyD99, Hasi and Luke204 like this.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Davidka
Tire selection is usually hyper-localized so discussing it with people who don't know the particular surface of your track might not be very useful in the end. If your LHS knows the track that you're running at, then their advice should be good. The best thing to do is to get in contact with people who run there and speak to them directly. At looser outdoor tracks, you'll probably come across only a few agreed upon options.
Thanks for the reply, that makes sense. The buggy is going to spend most of its time on a track in my back yard, but apparently this tire combo is a popular one at the one local track. Dirt is a little different there but still on the loose side.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:15 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Phat-Boy
Need some reviews on B6.1D!
Feel free to send me a kit and I'll do one!
Old 04-17-2018, 08:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Is anyone having an issue with getting the transmission to run smoothly? I seem to have some interference with the top plate that goes on the diff. With the diff sitting in the case without the to on it spins smooth. When I screw the top on I am getting a rub/catch somewhere when I spin the gears and can't seem to locate the issue. I haven't built a B6 before so maybe there is some break in trick I am not aware of.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Make sure the diff height inserts match and aren't spinning around on you. I've done that before with other cars that have adjustable diff heights. Never had an AE 2wd need any break-in for the gearbox.

If the adjustment pills check out, put some thick grease on the gears and assemble it. Spin it a few times and then open it up. See if you can find where the grease is sticking to the inside of the gearbox to show where it is rubbing.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What would be a good 17.5 motor for this buggy? I've been using a Reedy M3 but have been thinking of switching to at Tekin Gen 3 or Reedy S-Plus in the near future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.