Like Tree4Likes

Traxxas Scaler/crawler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 05:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87
I agree. Price is right where it was expected to be considering 4 waterproof servos,lipo ready waterproof esc and a 2.4 radio I personally have always found to be rock solid. I believe this will be making a huge push towards mainstreaming scale trucks. Traxxas almost single handedly is pushing this hobby forward and spreading the fun.
It's going to be very interesting to see how this goes for sales. Interest yes. I've spent more time in last couple weeks looking into scalers then past 6 years. Though I've come to conclusion that the scaler/trail truck thing it still not for me. All the trails were paved about 10 years ago for bike use. Life in the suburbs. Maybe once I see it in person. Hopefully store will run the display model they are supposed to get I'll have a different opinion
Old 05-27-2017, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kingy1
Ditto, I can't think of when I would ever want them unlocked unless I was putting a high speed brushless system in it for bashing with, in which case I guess the 2sp makes sense too. The biggest worry I have is the amount of slop the drivetrain will have with both of the above. Summit 2sp can get away with it as it's a pure basher.

All I want out of it is the portal axles to actually be able to handle some power!
Talked to some guys who ran one this week and the remote unlock of the rear makes it more able to get on/off traction in realtime....which makes sense, since differential action is usually a traction/manuverability tradeoff.

My guess is that the portal gear reduction pretty much eliminates any slop. I see no videos of it running in low or high, that show any type of drivetrain lag.

this truck will bring alot of noo-b's onto trails, which will make purists pissed off for a while...hopefully itll iron out

Separate from the fact that this will probably never be available in kit form, this truck will pretty much have no 'real' complaints from people. I mean, its not even expensive, (considering all the stuf that it comes with...).

Of course, there is always the complaint by some, about anything with a Traxxas logo, but brand loyalty these days is kind of an old concept...
Old 06-09-2017, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Anyone picked one up yet? I saw a demo unit at a LHS a week ago and that thing is absolutely awesome. I have'nt wanted something so badly from traxxas since the 2wd slash debut. Bravo Traxxas!!
Old 06-09-2017, 07:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedemall
Anyone picked one up yet? I saw a demo unit at a LHS a week ago and that thing is absolutely awesome. I have'nt wanted something so badly from traxxas since the 2wd slash debut. Bravo Traxxas!!
There's an owner over on URC.

-Mods Time- Traxxas TRX-4 Upgades thread - RC Rock Crawlers & Scalers @ URC Forums
Old 06-10-2017, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm on the Tower backorder list. Apparently, they get their allotment last...not sure how I feel about that decision by Traxxas. I'm not sure why many longtime and loyal customers are getting purposefully sent the the back of the line.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSRC
I'm on the Tower backorder list. Apparently, they get their allotment last...not sure how I feel about that decision by Traxxas. I'm not sure why many longtime and loyal customers are getting purposefully sent the the back of the line.
Tower is no longer a Traxxas dealer, might want to backorder somewhere else.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
Source for this?!? I do notice that virtually every Traxxas vehicle and many parts show as "on order" or "order pending", so that is a bit weird for any company that isn't Axial
Old 07-21-2017, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eric Bryant
Source for this?!? I do notice that virtually every Traxxas vehicle and many parts show as "on order" or "order pending", so that is a bit weird for any company that isn't Axial
They sent an email to hobby shops a few weeks ago stating they was dropping GP/Tower.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
I heard this on another forum. I called Tower directly and they told me they will be selling the TRX-4, though they are not sure when they can get them.

Traxxas is no longer distributing through Great Plains for various reasons. Tower has to source them like any other hobby shop apparently.

Either I get it there or I don't get it. Tower has earned my business 10 times over.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slowsrc
They sent an email to hobby shops a few weeks ago stating they was dropping GP/Tower.
Thanks for the info! A quick Google search indicates that Traxxas is suing Hobbico (of which Great Planes and Tower Hobbies are subsidiaries, of course) for patent infringements related to the NERO 6S and Dromida Vista/Ominus drones:

https://insight.rpxcorp.com/litigati...ments/12064367

That is the sort of thing that makes it difficult to continue a business relationship.