Traxxas Scaler/crawler >

Traxxas Scaler/crawler

Like Tree4Likes

Traxxas Scaler/crawler

Old 03-15-2017, 08:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default Traxxas Scaler/crawler

Ok well I missed out. Had plans with the wife and passed up the opportunity to see the prototype in action. It is real and a work in progress but it is coming. It was here in town for a demo/showing at the local dealer. I said I wanted dibs on the first one for sale but not sure if it'll work out or not. Asked for pics so we'll see what shows up. Cant believe it took them so long. This is one rc I can't wait to get. Yes I have a Wraith now and have had at least 1 of almost every crawler but something about this is calling me.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

nice to see that traxxas is going with a scaler/crawler.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:31 AM
Tech Lord

I think so. I think it'll help the hobby just like the slash. May not be the first or the best but will bring it more mainstream. Parts support will be great just like the rest of their stuff. Easy to get and cheap.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks pretty awesome with the remote lockers and all that, should be sweet!
Old 04-28-2017, 07:16 PM
Tech Lord

Finally got to touch it. It is very real and trail ready.

Traxxas Scaler/crawler-img_0960.jpg

Traxxas Scaler/crawler-img_0966.jpg

Traxxas Scaler/crawler-img_0967.jpg
DRTMI likes this.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Local Hobbytown is supposed to get one in next month. Just to display till it officially allowed to sell. I'm not into the crawler stuff but am curious to see it in person. The Hpi Venture has had my interest. But not sounding good for that lately. Maybe this will finally get to try this style of RC. Though not much in unpaved trails in my area.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yea, showing mid may I do have to admit those Portal axles look kinda neat.

https://m.traxxas.com/news/new-product/trx-4
Old 04-29-2017, 04:29 AM
Tech Lord

Interesting way to advertise. Let the dealer have the 4tec and trx4 for display/demo but cant sell them until they are told they can. Great way to build some hype. I can tell you this thing is awesome. I thouht the Summit was a huge change for Traxxas but this is even bigger. The Trx4 is gonna kill it,especially if the price is not over the moon. The only thing I didn't like was the color. The cms steering with metal gear looks awesome and the turning radius is sweet. Ive been using the 21t titan for crawling for a long time on 3s so I know that works good. Another huge step for Traxxas to keep those haters hating and the fanboys happy. Axial and hpi better step up.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:36 AM

I thought they would include OBA.

Courious if the tires will be usable.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:48 AM
Tech Lord

In a way oba would be sweet if they could make it realistic but I wouldn't want to pay extra for it. The tires are nice and soft. The suspension feels like the fluid in the shocks is a little heavy especially at this lower temperature. Of course people will mod it it's what we do but there will be tons of buyers that run it plug and play. It really is that good.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 365 (100%+)

Price from what I've heard is 479$ which when you consider what comes in the package is a steal!

Well done Traxxas! They test their vehicles properly, back up what they sell, and parts are available everywhere. This truck should be a HIT!
Old 04-29-2017, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I find the locking diffs kinda gimmicky myself, but overall it looks great. Someone really did their homework based on the new pics that are on the site. $479 and Mid May apparently.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSRC
I find the locking diffs kinda gimmicky myself, but overall it looks great. Someone really did their homework based on the new pics that are on the site. $479 and Mid May apparently.
Ditto, I can't think of when I would ever want them unlocked unless I was putting a high speed brushless system in it for bashing with, in which case I guess the 2sp makes sense too. The biggest worry I have is the amount of slop the drivetrain will have with both of the above. Summit 2sp can get away with it as it's a pure basher.

All I want out of it is the portal axles to actually be able to handle some power!
Old 04-29-2017, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSRC
Originally Posted by kingy1
Ditto, I can't think of when I would ever want them unlocked unless I was putting a high speed brushless system in it for bashing with, in which case I guess the 2sp makes sense too. The biggest worry I have is the amount of slop the drivetrain will have with both of the above. Summit 2sp can get away with it as it's a pure basher.

All I want out of it is the portal axles to actually be able to handle some power!
Locking diffs Gimmicky? Why? Since all this is supposed to make us mimic the real world, in the real world 90% of the 4x4's on the trail are Unlocked, 4x2's, limited slip, manual, air or cable operated lockers etc. Traxxas didn't make a WEROCK capable RC.

I ran/run unlocked until i need it but i a not a boulder or 90 deg vert crawler. More overland from point A to Z with camping at F, M and T for example. IMO makes you a better driver by pulling better lines. Most if not all scale stuff from say Axial is Locked so we tend to think locked is the way to go. If you are wanting a 100% locked F/C/R then it is more of a 100% crawler than a Scaler which i think Traxxas is intending this for.

IMO what this is designed and built for is pretty darn good for a first try and i might pick one up if there are different bodies available.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cmbscx10
Locking diffs Gimmicky? Why? Since all this is supposed to make us mimic the real world, in the real world 90% of the 4x4's on the trail are Unlocked, 4x2's, limited slip, manual, air or cable operated lockers etc. Traxxas didn't make a WEROCK capable RC.

I ran/run unlocked until i need it but i a not a boulder or 90 deg vert crawler. More overland from point A to Z with camping at F, M and T for example. IMO makes you a better driver by pulling better lines. Most if not all scale stuff from say Axial is Locked so we tend to think locked is the way to go. If you are wanting a 100% locked F/C/R then it is more of a 100% crawler than a Scaler which i think Traxxas is intending this for.

IMO what this is designed and built for is pretty darn good for a first try and i might pick one up if there are different bodies available.
Agreed! I personally would prefer to have some flexibility and not be stuck at 7mph nor have it run exclusively on rocks. And its traxxas! Im sure all kinds of aftermarket bodies and parts will follow soon after. Especially for something as quality looking and this and how hot scale is atm.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.