Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Man Hybrid 6X6 Crawler/Recovery Truck, Pic heavy ! >

Man Hybrid 6X6 Crawler/Recovery Truck, Pic heavy !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Man Hybrid 6X6 Crawler/Recovery Truck, Pic heavy !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burnineyes
Hey buddy, lookin good! I gotta come by and see that beast in person one of these days.
It would always be good to see you Charlie, maybe with your vast knowledge of racing and incite you could help me with a steering geometry issue I'm having. I have Bump steer like a SOB and I pretty sure it's due to the servos being chassis mounted so I'm going to fabricate some axle servo mounts and see what this pig does then.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

I finished one servo mount this afternoon, this is a very elaborate piece and was difficult getting the last parts soldered without heating it up to drop other parts off. Was extremely frustrating but it's done, look to possibly simplify the second one ?

Bottom line the bump steer issue should be solved with these !

Old 07-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default ???

I have to say this is the best 6x6 build ever lol,,,,You are the man byfarmy friend,,i am starting a scx 10 6x6 in a few days still waiting on parts,,This may seem like a stupid ??? but are you gonna sell this beast or ?? just wondering, i had a chance to buy one on ebay but price got crazy so i let it go,,anyways i will be watching your build,,, awesome work just awesome
Old 07-04-2012, 05:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Sure hope this thing gets truly running, I sure would enjoy a good video of it truly trailing/crawling/scaling
Old 07-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MR.TRAXXAS
I have to say this is the best 6x6 build ever lol,,,,You are the man byfarmy friend,,i am starting a scx 10 6x6 in a few days still waiting on parts,,This may seem like a stupid ??? but are you gonna sell this beast or ?? just wondering, i had a chance to buy one on ebay but price got crazy so i let it go,,anyways i will be watching your build,,, awesome work just awesome
Originally Posted by jhtfarquhar
Sure hope this thing gets truly running, I sure would enjoy a good video of it truly trailing/crawling/scaling
@MrTRX: Thanks for the kind words, I have roughly 2K+ invested and can't put a price on all the time I have invested. No way could I come close to recovering that in a sale, I guess I'll keep it. Seriously, I think this is one of the few RC's I built over the many years in this hobby that I'm confident I'll be keeping a long time. It'll prob always be a build in progress with constant refinments and additions ?

@jhtfart; It will be under it's own power again very soon and I have plans to get video at the next scale outing hopefully on the 14-15th of this month.
I guess it's about time for me to get a video editing program and learn to use it.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Awesome thred and build, Thanks for taking the time and shareing your progress. I'll be checking back for updates.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by transambill
Awesome thred and build, Thanks for taking the time and shareing your progress. I'll be checking back for updates.
Thanks so much for your kind comment, glad to see a few guys can appreciate the amount of work involved with this build.

I was batteling a bump steer issue with all 3 axles, the #1-#2 were horrible where-as the 3rd wasn't bad at all. I reconfigured the linkages for #1 & #3 and the bump steer is nearly non existant now via bench testing. The 2nd axle I fabricated a entirely new mount due the old one rubbing the shock a little, this mount far exceeds the first design anyway. I'm now going to be putting everything back together for a test later today or during the week when time allows.

I made spacers to drop the servo down 15mm, made abig difference.

The new servo mount

Also have a short video of the this servo and mount in actionhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T9EENrKvSY

.................................................. ...........................................
Old 07-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Ben taking some time to add a few things to chassis and cab and now working on assembly and getting everything wired back up.

Perscription Med's bottle fuel tanks

Went for more of a Road Warrior vibe, was worried about the lexan windows getting knocked out so used this plastic garden border mesh.(8"x20' roll $6.00 @ Lowes)

Old 07-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

For those whom are interested or following my thread I greatly appreciate your interest, I do have the 6x6 100% complete and have done a limited control test here at home but Sunday at a scheduled meet I hope to get some good still pic's and video of it at "work".
Please stay posted for the first actual real world test.

Thanks for looking
Old 07-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Another "poser" shot with my Losi Micro Trekker hitchin' a ride.

I built a tow rig that incoorperates the usage of the boom and winch to tow a crawler, please see pics and video attached.

VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRg9MNl3IQw

Old 07-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Went for a scale run this AM and had a blast, A real nice spot with a great mix of everything from trails, gravel, sand, mud, creek, steep banks etc except rocks and all completely shaded. I was so into wanting to drive and test I completely forgot about the camera and HD recorder in the car, DOH. Luckily DontSlowDown/Chris had his Iphone and snapped a few pics, Thanks Buddy !

Old 07-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Awesome build! Looks pretty solid. Not a lot of RCTechers are into crawlers/scalers unfortunetly. Would you say it is more capable than the 4x4s? Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 50mph
Awesome build! Looks pretty solid. Not a lot of RCTechers are into crawlers/scalers unfortunetly. Would you say it is more capable than the 4x4s? Thanks for sharing!
Yeah I know, most of the guys here are racers or wannbe racers and are pretty stuck up about wanting to go fast all the time. I don't give a shit, if a few guys appreciate all the work involved then thats good enough. Hope it gives them ideas and inspires them to build something unique and off the wall rather than be a sheepeople like the rest whom love RTR's.

Capabilities, Yeah the 6x6 far exceeds a normal 4x4 on the trails. A buddie of mine was running a very hopped up Wraith Sunday and what he was hung up on I just crept over it with zero problems. It's a serious advantage but requires a bit of a different driving style.

On another note; Just charged one of the 3s packs from Sunday, I ran 1.25hrs with a 3200mah 3s 30C pack and the Hyperion charger said it still had 43% charge. Happy w/that !
Old 07-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I said 'holy crap'

That is amazing mate.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Suteki
I said 'holy crap'

That is amazing mate.
Hehe, Thanks.

Cheers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.