Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Man Hybrid 6X6 Crawler/Recovery Truck, Pic heavy ! >

Man Hybrid 6X6 Crawler/Recovery Truck, Pic heavy !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Man Hybrid 6X6 Crawler/Recovery Truck, Pic heavy !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

More Pics !

Not that the cooling is needed due to the super efficent set up, I just thought since I had the fans why the hell not ? I have one sucking clean air in and the other exhausting warm out and both are on the same switch right on the door so they can be utilized when ever the need is felt.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

that looks great you should check out rcspark.com there alot of scalers on their also
Old 08-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Very cool build. I'd love to build something like that and I'm a racer.
Yeah. Check out rcsparks.com or djmedic2008 on YouTube. He's done some amazing builds too.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

With due respect and not trying to sound like a dick but...I've seen a lot of Djmedics videos and he has put together some cool stuff but most everything he does is store bought and bolted on, anyone can do that IMO. Thinking outside the box and building from scratch seperates one from others projects.

Thanks for the compliments

Last edited by Bondonutz; 08-15-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
With due respect and not trying to sound like a dick but...I've seen a lot of Djmedics videos and he has put together some cool stuff but most everything he does is store bought and bolted on, anyone can do that IMO. Thinking outside the box and building from scratch seperates one from others projects.

Thanks for the compliments
+1 yeah i have to agree this guy is no store bought builder he is truly a one off,, DJ medic is cool an all i am even a member of RCsparks and seen all his builds and must say he needs to come here and dig this mans creation's ,,by the way she's looking even sweeter than the last time i checked in, Still watching and not wondering when your gonna stop lol,,, love the led's and the cab light is awesome, those cone heads are glowing, keep it coming bro
Old 08-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

MrTRX, thanks for the kind words bro.

Again, no disrespect to DJMedic !

I think I'm pretty much done with this thing for now, I have plans for a couple new builds and once they are done I'll come back to this thing and prob make a all new chassis from plate aluminum and go 8x8 possibly. I have 2 more of these Blackwell axles so who knows what'll happen ?

My next build is a 1.55 scaler of my 1:1 Grand Cherokee, I should be starting a new thread new week some time.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
MrTRX, thanks for the kind words bro.

Again, no disrespect to DJMedic !

I think I'm pretty much done with this thing for now, I have plans for a couple new builds and once they are done I'll come back to this thing and prob make a all new chassis from plate aluminum and go 8x8 possibly. I have 2 more of these Blackwell axles so who knows what'll happen ?

My next build is a 1.55 scaler of my 1:1 Grand Cherokee, I should be starting a new thread new week some time.
AWESOME i cant wait, i posted a few pics of some of my rigs,,nothin in comparison to yours but they are my own creation's,, i am actually doin a cheerokee body as we speak, i got this crazy paint scheme that i have done before it's alot of work but worth every bit when finished, body is for my scx10 with wrath axles and links, anyways later bro
Old 09-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Way too cool!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:27 PM
huh
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just finished reading the entire thread and I can only say WOW! You did a fantastic job on this. I have been thinking about getting one of those 6x6s, but just haven't wanted to pull the trigger on one yet.

I did just find a body that is a replica of my real life truck, or at least as close to it as I can get, 1991-1997 Land Cruiser. So, now I will try to build a crawler-lite that resembles, as much as possible, my own truck.

You have given me a lot of ideas of what I would have thought was not possible to be made very much possible.

Thank you for taking the time to post all the pictures and videos.

Jon
Old 01-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

I have a few different builds planned for the immediate future and the one is very extensive but befor I start the next project I really wanted to do somthing different with the 6x6 so I cleaned off the bench. I started by removing the cab and pulled out all the electronics, I then removed all the brass from the bed and removed the flat bed. So now as it sits I have a pile of electronics and a naked 6x6 from the chassis up.

What to do what to do ?

I should have a plan and pictures by the weekend, stay tuned.

OBTW, THE CAB IS NOW FOR SALE !
Old 01-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Does it involve a set or two of tracks ?
Old 01-16-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

me think me want that cab you got pm bro
Old 01-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Selling my highly custom 1/10 scale RC4WD MAN CAB

This is a one off and truely unique cab, I couldn't possibly guess how many hours I have in building this. The exo cage is styrene and heavily braced and very rigid and strong, has a full interior with driver/co-pilot (Beldar and Primate-The Coneheads) The interior is completely sealed so it stays clean, has plastic mesh to protect windows and gives the extra rugged look. Comes with flashing yellow and orange LED's on rear door, White LED's in light bar in grill area and a rack of Blue and White LED's above the winshield. The LED's are powered via a small 2s lipo all have their own seperate switch on the control panel in electronics compartment. The compartment has plenty of room for any system you wish to install, a full sized battery tray. The door was servo actuated but if you'd rather magnets can be used to hold it closed if you wished.

Also installed are 2 fan for the electronic compartment, they have their own switch right on the door and one sucks in fresh air and the other evacuates it. Since I had the fans doing nothing in a drawer and I live in Florida I thought it wasn't a bad idea even though I never needed them.

These cabs sell for 269.99 and the come with nothing so to give you a idea I have tons and of time and a lot of $ invested.

I would like to see $325.00 shipped but will happily consider reasonable offers because I need this to go.

All rules apply, No PP GIFT etc etc, Shipping to Cont US ONLY

Build th

read, Cab construction starts on post #53

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/large...-mental-2.html

Old 01-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

nice, freaken sweet!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Time for a revamp, the cab is for sale if anyone is interested ?

The main purpose of the rebuild to make a hauler for a scaler and make the truck a bit more capable and a little lighter for better COG.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.