Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

there are alot of thing to talk about here.

the first is that i feel the club should only run 5 to 8 races this summer. if we try to run every other weekend, then attendence will suffer because everyone will just go to westy.

mohr is an option for some races, but running there on a consistant basis would ailenate our gas members, and that again would hurt attendence (just ask them). money is an issue, but i would rather run 6 well attended events, then 12 poorly attended events. and i think running at invesco would be pretty cool.

running back and forth beween greely and denver is hardly an option due to the pullability of our trailer. i for one am not willing to do it.

i agree, $300 for a parking lot is a bit exscessive, but at this point we are starting to run out of options. i do not have a problem running in greeley, but i think that a good portion of the membership may become upset if we run every race there. 2 or 3 races in a summer is not bad, but if we start do do more than that people will say."f-it, i'll just go to westy."

Last edited by al dente; 02-12-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks for helping with the leg work Mario. I just want to let everyone know, i'm not delibrately slacking, but all of the leads except MHOR (we'll discuss at a club meeting) have been dead ends so far. From disconnected #'s of a sole contact, to zero replies to phone calls, and e-mails, its been a royal pain.

Here is what i have so far:

Bass Pro: No. they are open on sun, and cannont spare the space

Front range CC: no reply to many calls/e-mails.

Promenade: 7 phone calls to find out that the final answer is talk to the person who's # is disconnected.

Old Target @ colfax: No. It is under development. Too much liability also.

Dave Hasset has started talking to another contact after the first one ended up zilch so far. Not heard back.

SO: anyone else want to make some calls? I'll give it a go if there are other good options......

thats where we stand so far. I'll keep looking, though.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I think Greeley would be better than Invesco. The $300.00 would eat into the club profit. If we would run every other week rather than once per month that would also generate more revenue. One of the reasons I am supporting the club is to have a perminant track one day. I figure the more revenue the club earns the sooner a perminant track can become a reality.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

Rev - You might try giving the Westminster Mall a call, the parking lots on the north side of the mall don't seem to get much use except at christmas. I drive past them all the time and there never seems to be any body parked out there.

Lee
Old 02-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

As was said above this is not a simple issue. There has been talk about getting new racers to our events, and the outside races has that possibility. Before we get to the parking lot we need to correct 2 items:

1st is to get the trailer so it pulls, shall we say better. To that end we have already talked to Dave Hassett about doing the repairs in April after we are done at Arapahoe County with the carpet. (Where are we going to store the carpet??)

2nd, we need to build new exterior boards so we have insurance to run nitro, and also allow all the dbl 2x's to be used in the infield.

Once these are solved, then we need a place. The reason we are running out side is to get members and raise $'s for a more permanent place in the future. To this end, 20 racers at $10 = $200, 50 racers at $10 - $300 is still $200 for the club. Best would be 50 @ $10 and no pavement costs. Mario is correct in the cost to pull and move the trailer. I did it for the three races (ok 2 races and 1 attempt) in Greeley. Still the best would be HT Longmont if we can leave the trailer there. I'll see if the numbers that Gary got for the paving makes any sense.

As to the number of dates, I would guess somewhere between 6-10 events is best. The more help we have, the more dates. So if we committed to 5 dates at Greeley and 5 dates in Denver / Boulder (assuming HT Longmont is out) could work for everyone.

We racers up North, would have to get everything set up and assume that some but not all members would come from Denver. The same would be said of events in Denver. The Denver people would need to set it up and assume only some members from the north would come down.

To that end, I know the 3rd Sunday works well with what Mario has been working on, so dates:

North May 4th, June 1st, July 6th, August 3rd
South May 18th, June 15th, July 20th, August 17th

Then off to HT Westy for the classic in June

I would start off with the trailer at my place (after repairs), then have it taken to Denver by one of the racers coming North. Same thing to get it back, by having someone who raced haul it back. Club might think about $'s for the trailer moving.

My 2 cents, but lets talk about ideas on the 17th and be ready for a meeting on the 24th.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

the new Stevos ENERGEEEEE are grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat fellas please dont leave me hangin on these i did these cells on the new TM8 and zapped on my custom built Digital Zapper if u dont believe stop by MYONA..so many of u were asking me to have cells for the nationals ...10 per cell and first come first serve discounts for multi orders individual racers please..........
Old 02-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

i will check with the super k mart here in greeley,i know they alow alot of events there,and exposure is alot better.but the surface is like westy,but without the grand canyon.there parking lot is huge and never close to full.
but its still in greeley

if we need a place to store the carpet i have a large loft area that is dry and secure also
Old 02-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

How come more people aren't interested in MHOR's outdoor track? If they're allowing LiPo, won't that make the electric people happy?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
How come more people aren't interested in MHOR's outdoor track? If they're allowing LiPo, won't that make the electric people happy?

Im assuming it has to do with the falling out of the gas racers and the establishment. I do believe this could be resolved with a conversation with Jess. It worked with the running lipos why wouldnt it for this? Just a thought...I for one would rather run on a prepped track even without traction additives rather then a parking lot.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gitsum
Im assuming it has to do with the falling out of the gas racers and the establishment. I do believe this could be resolved with a conversation with Jess. It worked with the running lipos why wouldnt it for this? Just a thought...I for one would rather run on a prepped track even without traction additives rather then a parking lot.
I totally agree and really think that this is our best chance of bringing in new racers to the club. I have had many conversations with Jess about us running out there and he is pretty open to working with us. I have talked with many of the guys down at MHOR and it is clear to me that if we ran out on that track that they would join the club, but you never really know. It is important to keep our options open, but we are running out of time. We need to get a plan together so that we can start advertising our racing schedule to the public. I am so excited about racing outside this summer!!!

Hope it comes together soon I know you guys are working hard on it!

Art
Old 02-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I too like the idea of MHOR. It covers all of the issues the club needs to resolve..and think of all the extra benefits the place provides..

Electric outlets, Nicely done level work benches, indoor pitting out of the sun.... covered drivers stand...perfectly smooth track...no need for the club to haul equipment (like the track material or computer stuff) anywhere...lap counting computer on site....no more hauling tents, tables, chairs, and generators everywhere....

Also, there is enough indoor pitting for the club to host a big summer race (in Late June or July) when everyone is not at school and has the time to race...

On top of that...the new guys who don't have all the spare parts could come without worry because there is a hobby shop on site (and I am sure Jess would stock some of the more commonly broken parts).

Just a thought...
Old 02-13-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Default Summer Asphalt/Outdoor Racing

I'm with the wulf on the club acquiring a permanent facility It has been the driving force for the Nitro guy's joining our club. As well to support R/C racing in general

I truly like the Longmont idea primarily because of the location basically mid way from Denver/Fort Collins. And I've heard they already have R/C boat races in Longmont.

MHOR is by far the best permanent asphalt facility in our area, it is perfect for electric racing and as mentioned they are allowing lipo's. So the majority of electric racers would surely like this as a venue.

I guess the discussion this weekend will head us in the right direction for the meeting on the 24th (following weekend)...
Old 02-13-2008, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Lee: good catch. I forgot to mention that westminster mall said No. also. They have lease agreements with all the tenents that include a clause about zero use on the parking areas except for parking. To race there would include getting ALL the tenents to sign an agreement, and though there are only about 12 left , that still is unlikely.

The bowling lot north of the mall would be perfect, except for the condos across the street....

Looks like we need a meeting and vote that is solely dedicated to this subject at one of the next races......
Old 02-13-2008, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

One more thing: I am not opposed to racing at MHOR. It has it's pluses and minuses from a club standpoint. If anyone can remember, I was always one of the racers there when they were running on a regular basis. The track is super dialed for electric. If we could brainwash Jess into allowing suger, then it's an even better venue..

As long as the Nitro guys are OK with running there, then it's a great option. But in the summer, they represent 1/2 to 3/4 of the club, and they bring in the most spectators and thus new members.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

look, i love mhor's track, i have raced there a ton. but lets face it, we are not going to draw 1 gas raceer away from westy to come run there. there were 3 heats of gas at almost every race last summer. that is the group of people we need to make money. we could not even get 3 heats of 19t touring at our big race. having races at mhor is fine, but you have to remember that it is going to cost probably the same amount as invesco. and make less because of the negative stigma that it carries. i am not 100% sold on the invesco thing either, but lets wait to see what the final pricing comes back at.......... i have a way of getting people to come down

in the mean time, i love the fact that the opinions on this matter are so strong, yet besides the officers in the club, dave hassett and big lee schultz are the only people that have even made any sort of effort to find a place.

besides, mhor is still going to be running races this summer. if you wnat to race there you can. nobody did last summer, which is why they canceled the season half way through, so why are we to believe that that is going to change???? and people are going to start flocking to mhor.

personally i like the idea of setting up a tent, and sitting in the open air, among other things....... and pitting indoor at mhor just does not do it for me.
being an officer of the club i have made the chice to do what the club want to do and i am fine with that, but i still have my vote as well, and my opinion is no more than 2 races there. besides, it is good not to have all you eggs in one basket. if for some reason it does not work out after a few races at mhor and jess, or the club decide to pull the plug, then what do we do for for the rest of the season??????

Last edited by al dente; 02-13-2008 at 08:05 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.