Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

good night of practice. even ran a couple of mock races. needless to say, my cars need some work. it does not help to have a liquor store next door either.

i am going to hit the track tomarrow morning around 6:30 see you there....or not
Old 10-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah yeah, lots of good wheel time tonight! Having a track in town is awesome! You guys should come out and join us on practice night when you can, it's a great opportunity to wrench, try new things, and improve your driving.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

6:30 you staying all day? I may come out and run a few packs to see if my setup is any good...
Old 10-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

i have a 6in disk sander that will fix the boards for now. as my vantage point of car damage was rubbing the boards. for the guys that slammed the boards and broke. well all i can say is to get some rug time in. carpet muncher for LIFE!!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

gitsum - no, i slept in. came down with some sort of cold yesterday.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

ah hello fellas.........just wanted to update u on MYONA........i have been running several setup sessions and find that all who show definetly needed the wrench time the myona club will be making the trip soon to race at the new facility and hope the cars are in condition to compete,.........i heard many were fast at your track......cant wait to see if im in the ball park

Myona would like to welcome the latest member to the crete...GITSUM...lol
Old 10-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

meet the creete! which is not good, but still better than creete the meat!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Steve Rossi
ah hello fellas.........just wanted to update u on MYONA........i have been running several setup sessions and find that all who show definetly needed the wrench time the myona club will be making the trip soon to race at the new facility and hope the cars are in condition to compete,.........i heard many were fast at your track......cant wait to see if im in the ball park

Myona would like to welcome the latest member to the crete...GITSUM...lol
LOL!......Yep Myona was a blast hoping its going to yield me the few tenths Im missing! The MINI marshals were hilarious!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

yeah, hilarious till they catch your shit and rip the wing off.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What's up guys, I'm in Boulder at C.U. to study engineering which means I've left my hometown of Seattle and am looking to find some good racing around the region. So just a couple basic questions about your track, what sort of turnout are you getting? And what's the competition like? Are there any other factory drivers in the region? Actually a better question would be do they ever show up to race (if there are in fact some local factory guys). There are many factory and semi-pro racers from my home region but getting them out to race didn't happen too often (unfortunately I fall into that category too ).

I'll check out other threads too, but if people could tell me where the closest racing locations are to Boulder that would be awesome. I'm trying to figure out if it will actually be worth it to ship my gear down. Thank you much!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini-dub
What's up guys, I'm in Boulder at C.U. to study engineering which means I've left my hometown of Seattle and am looking to find some good racing around the region. So just a couple basic questions about your track, what sort of turnout are you getting? And what's the competition like? Are there any other factory drivers in the region? Actually a better question would be do they ever show up to race (if there are in fact some local factory guys). There are many factory and semi-pro racers from my home region but getting them out to race didn't happen too often (unfortunately I fall into that category too ).

I'll check out other threads too, but if people could tell me where the closest racing locations are to Boulder that would be awesome. I'm trying to figure out if it will actually be worth it to ship my gear down. Thank you much!
Well you will find that Colorado has one of the best on-road communities in the country. The Competition is pretty high, and many of us are really committed to the racing community. We had our first race this weekend on the carpet track and we had about 25 entries. As it gets colder those number should go up. We have some great sponsored drivers here in town and most of them come out to race. There are a couple of Schumacher drivers in town as well (noticed your signature). You will find that many non-sponsored drivers here as well will make you wrench and wheel pretty hard to be fast. It seems the most competitive class right now is 13.5 rubber tire, but 10.5 foam will be a great class as well.

Come on out and check us out...We are always looking for new drivers and some good competitive racing.

We race carpet in Lakewood (Colfax and Quail)!

Last edited by artwork; 10-08-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mini-dub

Mini-dub....Come out and join us we will be racing on Thursdays and Sundays!

Bring it!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Did not get done with my meetings till around 6:00pm, and I have to say being able to spend 4 hours wrenching and then some track time has helped the 1/12 scale car. I've pulled a full second off lap times from Sunday and I know there is another 1/2 second to be gained.

To bad my next race will not be till the following Sunday, Oh Well, Maybe some more practice!!1
Old 10-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well that's definitely really good news to hear. At least now I'll consider shipping my onroad gear down . The good news is I wouldn't need TOO much equipment with lipo and BL haha. Ok well I may ship it down, though once ski season starts up I'm not sure how much racing I'll be able to do. We'll see, we'll see. Thanks a lot for the info though guys.

Just curious, who is it that drives for Schue? Most likely I don't actually know them, we have a bunch of 50% drivers on the team I've never met before. Either way, glad to hear it .
Old 10-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Guys--you don't want Weylin comin' and beatin' up on ya!! Tell him the program sucks or something.

Seriously, though, Weylin, you will look LONG and hard to find a group as fun to race with as the CO crew and STILL come up short. Great bunch of guys, and I say that speaking as a transplanted Seattlite myself. Only thing a bit peculiar is their odd attachment to Applebees...

Long live Rain City!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.