Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gitsum
True...guess I'll reiterate for the remedial. 10ft lanes stay in the middle...
We know who tests the boards and who doesnt. (not directed towards anyone) On a side note a car that is setup properly for that driver will instill more confidence. I know I am more then willing to help or offer advise to those who want it. No that isnt just for Xray cars. I hate to voluntery others but if you are having some issues I know Mr. Scrimo has become a wealth of knowledge as well.... Hopefully the new system pans out with Calandra then the board issue will be no more. Who knows then maybe we can actually get more T's into the layouts.
Always willing to help where and if I can!

The boards are pretty hard, but they are pretty tame when you don't hit them. Easier said then done for most of us. I think there are a few corners of the track that could use some additional rounding with some plastic or something that might ease the blow. I think the single biggest issue is the color of the boards not how hard they are. Sometimes they just seem to blend in. I would personally like to move pretty quick on the replacements of the boards, but cost plays a big role from my perspective.

Overall the track is great and will be great amounts of fun. Looking forward to Thursday already.

I thought my headache was bad at the track...driving home was a whole other issue. Almost got into an accident, but avoided the moron at the last second. Audi engineering saved my ass that time.

I will try to post the results tomorrow some time, it has been a pretty hectic day.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

is anyone going to the track tonight?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default In Case Anyone's Interested...

This might not be everyone's bag of chips, but it is pretty fun to see. All are invited to come check out some drifting. We've got clearance to use a warehouse for about 4 hours.

When:
Sunday October 12th 2008
10am-2pm
Be on time, because we don't have much flexibility with the time we've been given.

Where:
343 Airport Blvd.
Aurora, CO 80011

Why:

To get SIDEWAYS!!!

This is ELECTRIC ONLY! I have a nitro too, but someone is doing us a favor by allowing us to use this facility.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

I'll be there tonight for some practice.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

i might pop in for a few runs.

my world gt car should come in today, i might start building it too.

i know i need to get my race on soon, though.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I thought I ran into a snag ordering the 2 1/2" downspout. For whatever reason, I couldn't order it online and have it sent to the Do It Best hardware in Golden (Meyer Hardware).
I called the store and they told me they would order it and sell it to me for the online price. It will be here at the end of the week. This will give us 100 linear feet to put to the test.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

how are you going to couple the downspout? and what do we use for corners?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by al dente
how are you going to couple the downspout? and what do we use for corners?
Corners would be the plastic material (like we used in Vegas) and the pieces would be joined using wood in side the tubes.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by artwork
Corners would be the plastic material (like we used in Vegas) and the pieces would be joined using wood in side the tubes.
Kinda like what they did in vegas here is a picture...

Old 10-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

i just want to make sure whatever we do the right thing. last time we all got all worked up over this stuff and ended up making the problem worse. now we not only have boards that are hard on parts, but they are more difficlut to layout as well.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

I didn't realize the CRC boards attach to the carpet with Velcroİ. That seems like a pretty good idea if it doesn't damage the surface. Presumably, the boards would have some give, but wouldn't actually move. That sounds rather car friendly.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

yes, you can use velcro to secure the barriers at impact points. from what i have heard, they are the most car friendly barriers out there. also from what i have heard, the down spout has a larger radius at the corners which forces 1/12 bodies under them, similar to pipe.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default down spout

We have been using these for several years and it has worked very well.
The first corners we made were not very car friendly but we figured out the
plastic flexable corners and they are very similar to the iic corners however
we mount them to wood blocks to slide into the end of the downspots,we also
have some with wood blocks on each end to splice two pieces of spout together,they help make track set up more flexable.

We also use velcro to hold the downspout and have not seen much wear to the carpet do to this,and it gives a little which helps deep breakage down.
The spouts will break with a direct hit and does not hold up to being stood on
by a turn marshall. We just cut out the broken section and used the rest.

Hope this works for your club like it has for our

srrc
Old 10-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

yes, you can use velcro to secure the barriers at impact points. from what i have heard, they are the most car friendly barriers out there. also from what i have heard, the down spout has a larger radius at the corners which forces 1/12 bodies under them, similar to pipe.
As Rick said, velcro works very well, and we double-up pipes/velcro at known impact points.

As far as the radii, yes--ROUND downspout grab 1/12 cars like no one's business. The square downspout we use does not have this problem.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

No rounded corners on the downspouts. This is all most square,no bends in the surface - Flush.

The Montana club used 7/16 OSB separated with wood spacers about 18" long to join them. The inside corners have a radius, so a quick pass with a router and you have a tight joint. You could also screw them in at the top, so you know the other side has the velcro!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.