Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

So when are the new days for carpet racing?
Old 04-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Vote was taken on what classes to run on the pavement.

What classes to run on the carpet.

What days to run on the carpet.

Minimum racers for a class.

Results should be posted on the club web site. I would hope to see the vote totals in the next day or two.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Detail summary of the votes taken at the meeting are up on the website. We will race this thursday, as this day has not changed. Saturday did come in second and Tuesday third. The counts where however all very close for the different days. Thursday nite we will discuss classes, practice days, etc.

This Weeks Racing....

Thursday... Regular Race Nite at CORRC

Friday... Eplex / CORRC Series Nite at Eplex. Boss says its a free nite and whoever doesnt show up is a wuss.

Saturday... New Race Day at CORRC (for those that voted for this, what time where you thinking, during the day? or in the evening?)

Sunday.... Season Opener of the Outdoor Season

Four days in a row, big week of Racing!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like to urge all members to go to the web page www.corrc.org for the voting results and other important announcements that have happened this week.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

i know that neither cdee or myself can make saturdays, so we need someone to step up and run the racing on that day. you have to be there every sat, or make plans for someone else to.

and with the great turnout we had for tues practice, i would have thought that tues would have been a shoe in. i am willing to commit to taking tuesday and making a race night out of it if there is any intrest.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

is 10th mod electric rubber tire, foam, or open?
Old 04-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
Well, I voted for rubber tire mod however I know there are people that would want to run mod on foams. Based on the abrasiveness of the track surface I would say that this class will be hard to keep the numbers up even with running both together. Honestly, it would not be a fair fight if we ran them together. That said...the club has spoken and if there are enough to run mod then simply it will run. I think the big issue will be just how big the track will end up being. If the track is to large making runtime will be an issue especially with 6 minute races. I do not think that I personally would be able to complete a mod race based on what I saw yesterday with a 6 minute race.

I guess time will tell...
Old 04-27-2009, 09:47 AM
gck
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by al dente
Most people put Touring 10.5. They did not specify tires. I think only two specified tire. And I believe it was one and one.

I can check tonight on the sheets to verify.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by artwork
Well, I voted for rubber tire mod however I know there are people that would want to run mod on foams. Based on the abrasiveness of the track surface I would say that this class will be hard to keep the numbers up even with running both together. Honestly, it would not be a fair fight if we ran them together. That said...the club has spoken and if there are enough to run mod then simply it will run. I think the big issue will be just how big the track will end up being. If the track is to large making runtime will be an issue especially with 6 minute races. I do not think that I personally would be able to complete a mod race based on what I saw yesterday with a 6 minute race.

I guess time will tell...
There is a issue with completeing a 6 minute race with a lipo???
Old 04-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gitsum
There is a issue with completeing a 6 minute race with a lipo???
Yes, running a 5.5 for 6 minutes with a 3800Mah battery on a big track will be an issue at least for me.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by artwork
Yes, running a 5.5 for 6 minutes with a 3800Mah battery on a big track will be an issue at least for me.
Ah ok..well yes if you are going to try and use a 3800Mah pack. For those that do want to run mod I think a large mah pack is a must...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys,

Will the saturday racing be during the day or during the evening?
Old 04-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

spyder.. not sure yet what the folks that voted on Saturday had in mind for time.

Anyone that is watching these posts, if you voted for Saturday, get in touch with me via pm here, or my email on the website, so that we can establish the details, and let everyone know what the schedule is.

gck... you have pm
Old 04-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im selling my nitro on-road car (HPI RS4), its pretty much all factory except the O.S. 18 CV-R (recently upgraded) Comes with Traxxas 20% Nitro, extra tires and wheels, rechargable glo plug ignitor, M3 body, extra control arms front and rear, extra steering knuckles, carbon fiber front shock tower, and misc extra patrts. all servos and electronics are there. this car is reaally fast. $200 or trade for other RC stuff.

Lookin for some High mah batteries (4800 +), or an older lipo setup for my Slash. Will concider ANY trade offers, I love the barter system!
Attached Thumbnails 5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)-rs4.jpg   5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)-rs4-2.jpg   5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)-rs4-3.jpg  
Old 04-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Since all the class that are going to be run are 1/10 scale, are we going to set the track up the same size or smaller than what we practiced on yesterday? If so what size?

For the racers who did not make it out, track was 130' x 80' ( my guess). Surface is smoother than Invesco, and tire wear on the the 1/8 scale car for 3 tanks was pretty minimal. I put only one tank on the 1/10 and did not get the 235 car out. Traction came up on the line, a little loose off the line and not a whole lot of breakage, but the track was open, flowing and not more than 4-5 cars on the track at one time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.