Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mtnman
FB/FX HOW CAN A PERSON GET A HEADACHE FOR OFFERING TO DONATE SOMETHING TO THE CLUB PAUL O,HOW COULD YOU DO 6 C HUBS WITH ONLY FOUR RACES
left and right in the same heat...im talented stupid wood. i didnt know they where broke till i was finished
Old 10-07-2007, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Weather Channel is calling for 60 today and it looks dry outside with minimal cloud cover

mtnman-I believe he was concerned with your over thinking or (Skull Phuuking=Headache). If we could use the 2x4's as an outer barrier we could set-up a very large layout, with PVC as interior barriers. I like the idea especially with 20' lengths On my way to set-up the 10 footers

Paul O-where I come from they call that pinballin'
Old 10-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

mtnman & others - I understand your concearns with the wooden barriers. they are a bit less forgiving. however, we ran the same boards for three years at htl, and the only time that cars get broken when they shouldn't are when they catch the corner of the board that sticks out when the boards get pushed to the side. the rounding of the boards will eliminate this problem. also, we need to keep in mind how much quickerand easier it is to layout and pick up. not having to spend time screwing all the joints is a huge time saver.

on a different note, i tried to spend some time in the triler yesterday to make holders for the carpet and the boards. jimmy was kind enough to come by and help out, but he had to go tend to some family things. the plan i had did not quite work out with the efficency and ease that i though it would. so not much got done. it looks like, for the time being, that all the materials for the track will just have to loaded in, and stacked on the floor.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

FB/FX / Big Kat - Thanks for working on the trailer. I have a plan drawn up with the dimensions that you had given me. I don't think it will take much material and I should have almost everything but 5 2x6's or 10 2x4's at 14'.

My plan is to put the barriers on the oustside and make two racks that we can load the carpet on. Each roll has a cardboard tube in side the carpet. We can cut a 2x to fit tight into the tube and anchor. The ends would be made of 16" x 80" 3/4" plywood that would be notched to hold the board in the tube. Once loaded, we would put a board over the end that locks them inplace. The back side of the rack could be an X brace or solid plywood. This should also leave a walkway between the carpet that we can put the scaffolding in after everything else has been loaded. We can put the cones, blowers, corner parts, barrel with hose and pump in the front. If I can get the cad drawing converted to a pdf, I'll post it here for any other thoughts.

If you could bring the new trailer to my shop in FC after the race in Greeley on Sunday, I'm sure I could get some help to get it built out and loaded prior to first carpet race. This will also allow me to un-load the open trailer, if we use it to go to Omaha.

I've got the carpet stored in the warehouse, so no issue with moving it until the trailer is ready for it.

Mark
Old 10-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Carpet, Trailer... It's all coming together
Old 10-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

The web site: www.OnRoadColorado.com has been updated with the schedule for this winter, including this weekend race in Greeley. Over the next week or two, we will get the site updated for this coming season.

For those of you who are interested, I will be running a Carpet Series consisting of your best 6 out of 8 races. Similar format as to last year just need to decide what classes will be. My thought would be for all classes. As before, anyone can run, even if they are not in the series.

Anyone interested in a test and tune on Saturday November 10th? We need to raise $250 to cover the cost of the space, but we can start setting up at Noon, and would have the space till 8:00pm. If your "Commited" send me an e-mail and I'll find out how many are interested. Club members cost = $250 - (Non members @ $15) / # of racers, so some where between $5 - $7.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

i am sending the membership papers off today, along with the check.

the following people did not get sent because they did not sign the form. i will not be racing wed night, but i will have the form with me in greeley.

mike donovan.
scott bett
erick dimmick
gary james
joseph mascarenas
keith karnes
mike starnes

i hope seeing your names here is embarasing, and make you feel inadaquate.
please come see me at greeley or your membership will not be submitted.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

check that, post office closed today. sending tomarrow.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Mark - sounds good. E-mail sent

Mark, Mario, Paul, Steve - Made reservations for the Omaha race this weekend. Reserved 4 rooms.

Later, Lee
Old 10-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LeeS
Mark - sounds good. E-mail sent

Mark, Mario, Paul, Steve - Made reservations for the Omaha race this weekend. Reserved 4 rooms.

Later, Lee
Lee, It looks like I may be missing Omaha, and may not be able to go to Montana as well. I'll know more by the weekend.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What r the dates for Omaha?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gitsum
What r the dates for Omaha?
November 1st - 4th, Carpet on road race. Guys were looking at going out on Thursday and running on the club night, practice on Friday, Qualification on Saturday, Last round on Sunday and the mains.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Z
Tech Master

Are any of you guys planning to make the trip to Lincoln this coming weekend?

Z
Old 10-09-2007, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

First club Series race, that in itself is the start of a long lived tradition. Looking forward to running on the rug
Old 10-09-2007, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Z: I haven't heard that anyone is planning on making the trek. You may get a couple rouges that change their mind at the last minute.

We do have a group going to nationals in Texas, though. Most of us are gearing up for carpet, and looking forward to hitting your track a few times next year....

Hope the race goes well as always....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.