Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WCICS Round 4 - Karz, Airdrie - December 6-8, 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Can't wait, flight booked see everyone tomorrow evening for some practice and fun
Old 12-05-2013, 07:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Bring mittens! It's COLD!

Originally Posted by Racing wolfpack
YES, FOR THOSE THAT ARE COMING TO HELP SET UP WE WILL BE THERE AT 4PM, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SET UP YOUR PIT AREA AS WELL. IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO HELP SET UP, THE DOORS WILL BE OPEN AT 630 FOR ALL RACERS. SET UP WILL INCLUDE THE PITTING AREA WHICH WILL BE SET UP FIRST, FOR WE CANNOT GET INTO GYM TILL 530, SO ONCE ONE AREA IS DONE, THEN WE CAN ALL MOVE INTO THE GYM AREA TO GET THAT DONE.

PITTING AREA WILL INCLUDE ALL TABLES AND MOVE TABLE FROM CAFETERIA AREA TO PITTING AREA. WE WILL ALSO UNLOAD THE TRAILER AND HAVE CARPETS READY TO GO INTO THE GYM.

THANKS
BRAD
Old 12-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So my LRP decided it didnt want to put up with the cold Alberta weather and stopped working tonight.

Can anyone recommend anywhere in Calgary to find a Tekin RS Gen 2 tomorrow?

Short of that, anyone have an esc I could borrow? Just needs to blink, nothing fancy.

Luke
Old 12-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Luke. I have a couple of spare ESC's that I carry with me, if you can't find one, I'll hook you up for the weekend no problem. Just find me when you get to the track.

Jim Chapman
Old 12-06-2013, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Jim! Turns out Anthony from ATD Hobbies in Penticton is able to bring one from his shop for me. Phew.

Seems like something a guy should just have a new, un-opened one of sitting in his pit box.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

A note for our regulars, in case you didn't see this somewhere else:

We are racing at Bert Church High School this weekend (1010 East Lake Boulevard) rather than our regular school. Just want to be sure you don't show up at the wrong place and freeze your arses off!
Old 12-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Awesome job guys. Excellent event as always, had a great time. Looking forward to next years already.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Many thanks to the KARZ crew for putting on another great WCICS event! Despite a few challenges, the event turned out fantastic. Thanks to Dianne and Kevin for keeping it all running smoothly. Outstanding job!

Jim C.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Dez
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

What a great event. Thanks Karz group for a well organized race weekend. It was my 8 year old son's first major race weekend and he already asked if this is happening next year again. The food was terrific. Fun racing all around!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Huge thanks to the entire crew at Karz!

Brad, Scott, Kevin, Curtis, Jim, Dianne, and I'm sure I'm missing some, all did a great job and put on a fun weekend.

Overcoming -35C winter conditions, Bronchitis (Dianne), light and heat issues they persevered and put on a great show!

Josh
Old 12-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just wanted to say a huge thanks to all the racers that made it out to the third Snowpocalypse.
Everybody was so patient, even racing in the dark while we dealt with the lighting issues. -30 outside meant it was pretty damned cold in the gym too. Again I didn't hear complaints. We're there to race and we're going to do it regardless.
Sunday was much better, and I saw some fabulous racing in all classes. There was a couple of first time WCICS winners that I was delighted to see get rewarded for their effort. Well done to everybody.

Scott's got the results and I'm sure he will get them posted soon.

Will had a camera there and hopefully managed to get some video.

Next stop on the WCICS tour is Victoria. I understand this is a must do race if you possibly can.

Anthony suggested the next Snowpocalypse should be held in Hawaii.
I think he may be onto something.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Huge thanks to all the organizers for putting together a great event and allowing us to enjoy a weekend of racing. The event was professionally run, and had a nice flow to it. Sitting near Tech, I could see how hard Kevin, Scott, and Brad worked all weekend long. Great job Dianne on the PA, and thanks to Ivan for calling all the Mains. Finally, thank you Nick for the marshaling help, and to Josh for putting me up and shuttling me around.

Hope to see some of you in Victoria in 4.5 weeks.

Blake
Old 12-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks to all the Karz crew for another great Snowpocalypse. Dianne as always did awesome as RD all while recovering from being sick. Brad, Scott and Kevin, great organization of the race, tech was really good, and nice job overcoming the lighting issues and still keeping everything going. The band put on a great concession, hope they made some decent money for their trip and for the food bank.
Great WCICS race and am looking forward to next year.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Default KARZ

THANKS ALL FOR COMING TO OUR RACE, ITS FUNNY HOW OUR RACE NAME KEEPS COMING BACK TO HAUNT US AFTER OUR FIRST RACE. I AM KINDA LIKING ANTHONY'S IDEA ABOUT HAWAII, MAYBE NEXT YEAR WE CALL IT THE HAWAIAN CLASSIC AND GET LAID KARZ STYLE SERIOUSLY THESE RACES DONT GO OFF WITHOUT A LOT OF HELP FROM ALOT OF DEDICATED RACERS FROM. SCOTT, KEVIN, CURTIS, JIM, AARON, AND MANY OTHERS WHO'S HELP JUST KEEPS COMING AND SHOWING UP FOR THEY WANT TO RACE AND KEEP THE PASSION GOING, FROM STEVE, IVAN, AL, PETE, ALL THESE HANDS AND MANY OTHERS WHO HELP ARE WHY THESE RACES ARE FUN AND KEEP BEING EXCITED. SO THANKS ALL FOR THE HELP WITH RACE AND THE MANY HANDS IT TAKES WITH SET UP AND TEAR DOWN, AND THE OTHERS WHO DIDNT RACE BUT ARE A PART OF THE PUZZLE WITH DI IN RACE DIRECTING, TO SCOTTS DAUGTER FOR BEING IN THE PICTURES AND CURTIS'S MOM FOR TAKING ALL THE PICTURES AND THE EXTRA HANDS WHO HELP CLEAN UP THAT ARE FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS.

THANKS ALL

BRAD
Old 12-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What a race!! Thanks to all the people that made this event as fun as it was. Special thanks to Dez for getting my transponder fixed, Joe for somehow fixing my mini battery, Wayne and Way for giving me a ride and helping me through the weekend, and finally Will and Tim for helping me with my mini and making me laugh. If I missed anybody, I apologize. Overall this event was awesome. Dianne was recovering from being sick? I couldn't even tell. Great work Dianne!

-Austin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.