Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Grande Prairie Model Racers Association >

Grande Prairie Model Racers Association

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grande Prairie Model Racers Association

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 151 votes, 1.58 average.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I knew as soon as I saw the add that you would want it. If I had the extra money I would have jumped on it.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Perry
I knew as soon as I saw the add that you would want it. If I had the extra money I would have jumped on it.
Thanks Perry, good to know there are people out there just as stupid as I am.

Jay already scolded me for even considering it. We'll wait and see if I even get it.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok Greg.. first things first.. what else do we want from you?... Cash comes to mind!

And second i didnt scold you i think it would be a great car, and if you think you could get use out of it i say go for it but do bare in mind some of the parts may be hard to come by for ordering and may take longer. And just to inform you as well.. those (threaded) shocks have now come off of backorder and are put aside for us.

Jason.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

LOL, looks like AE parts are easier to come by than Xray parts.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok granted that may be true.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maniac mechanic
How many people can one member nominate for the board? I have at least 5 people I would like to see nominated, plus the people already on the board.

Am I allowed to make suggestions to other members on who to nominate?
I don't see discussing who you would like to see nominated and elected as anything more than democratic. In fact, I would like to encourage everyone to discuss their opinions with each other on this topic.

We all have our opinions, some of us who have been around longer than others will have a better idea of which individuals are suited and can form an effective executive and board (rather than throwing together a group of people who cannot work effetively together... it happens!). If I were new to the group, I would probably appreciate knowing the views of some of the more experienced members so that I could vote in an effective manner until I had enough experience within the association so as to make up my own mind.

It's not rigging an election for people to campaign or to have discussions regarding this topic. Rigging an election is intentionally not counting ballots, or having people vote who aren't legitimately allowed to, or voting more than once, etc...

Last edited by MadHacker; 08-24-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

One thing I would like to do differently this year is to post our nominations prior to the voting day. This way, voters can make intelligent decisions as to who they want voted into each position without having to make a split second decision on the spot like we've done in the past.

Also, nominations prior to the voting date will give nominees some time to decide if they want to accept or not.

So... what does everyone think about this idea?
Old 08-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Regarding the elections, and attendance at the meeting... our new bylaws now allow proxy voting. So, if there are any members who would like to vote, but are not able to make it to the meeting (once the date is set), please contact either myself ([email protected]) or Dean Gage ([email protected]). Both of us are well versed in the 'rules' so that we can help you cast your ballot via proxy.

This is another reason why I would like to do the nominations prior to the voting date this year... so that proxy voting will be possible.

By doing this, we will be increasing the ease by which people will be able to be involved in this process. In the past, we've had a relatively small representation in the elective process, which runs the risk of having a bias show in the voting. If we are able to get more people, the votes will more accurately represent what the bulk of our membership wishes.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

In that case I'd like to nominate Randy. Don't know his last name, but he races a Savage. LOL
He has some valuable volunteer group experience.

-Also Ryan or Rob Borowiecki. They have some new and different idea's on how to run something like this in a more professional manner. A good offset to the rest of the present board. Also always available to help.

- Warren, again don't know his last name, but he is always available to help. He's already RD'd a couple races, even though he wasn't racing.

-And Steve Mcmurphy, bends over backwards to help the club when he can. He's helped build a rock crawler course before, and would be a good addition to help form the GPMRA Rock Crawler Division.

Not to leave anybody out, I can't forget the guys who are presently on the board. But I'll let somebody else nominate them.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:52 PM
DG
Tech Master

What a geat time I had today, just ran 1 car. Time to marshal and time to visit.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:55 PM
DG
Tech Master

In that case I'd like to nominate Randy. Don't know his last name, but he races a Savage. LOL

-Also Ryan or Rob Borowiecki. They have some new and different idea's on how to run something like this in a more professional manner. A good offset to the rest of the present board. Also always available to help.

- Warren, again don't know his last name, but he is always available to help. He's already RD'd a couple races, even though he wasn't racing.

-And Steve Mcmurphy, bends over backwards to help the club when he can. He's helped build a rock crawler course before, and would be a good addition to help form the GPMRA Rock Crawler Division.

Not to leave anybody out, I can't forget the guys who are presently on the board. But I'll let somebody else nominate them.
I will second Greg's nominations
Old 08-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DG
What a geat time I had today, just ran 1 car. Time to marshal and time to visit.
It was great to see you back Dean. We had so much fun today racing and visiting. We were really entertained today........

Ray you crack me up!

Also Dean, I found the part number for the Pro Tek Li-Po receiver pack.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

I second Greg's Nomination

I also had a great day today... finally broke my maiden.
Ryan glad i could keep you laughing.

I would like to Nominate Jay for President again. i think he just barely got his feet wet and now he knows the ropes.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Storm59
I second Greg's Nomination

I also had a great day today... finally broke my maiden.
Ryan glad i could keep you laughing.

I would like to Nominate Jay for President again. i think he just barely got his feet wet and now he knows the ropes.
I second Ray's nomination for Jay as President.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

I would also like to nominate Dean for Treasurer.
Payback sucks for nominating me last year doesn't it Dean.LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 151 votes, 1.58 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.