Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Grande Prairie Model Racers Association > Grande Prairie Model Racers Association

Grande Prairie Model Racers Association

Old 04-19-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Talking Grande Prairie Model Racers Association

This is the official Grande Prairie Model Racers Association thread.

For current updates, news, photos, rules and more please got our website: http://www.gpmra.net/
We also have a Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=128290801110

*Just in case you're new to RC Tech you might notice that the posts on this page are from 2005. You want to hit "Last Page" to get the new stuff.

Last edited by WheelNut; 02-20-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:49 AM
gkb
Tech Adept

Hi Guys, Gary here, I just checked out the website too and the fees are wrong. Should be $50 for individual and $75 for family. Robert please update this. Also, you should put the race fees on the website too. $10 for members & $15 for non members.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:57 AM
gkb
Tech Adept

Default Prairie Mall Show

Does any one know what time we should be at the mall to set up our display?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hello

Hey guys, I finally got on here. I had to use my hotmail account... Telus must have some sort of filter on my email account as I've been having difficulty receiving some emails lately. Some come through, others do not...

I told Brad that I would be willing to show up at the Mall at 9:30am. I have the day off, so I can stay as long as I am needed.

- Gregg
Old 04-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Default HPI T-15 Engine

My engine came apart on me yesterday while practicing at the track. After I took the truck home and tore the engine apart I found that a chunk of the connecting rod (where the wrist pin is) seperated from the main casting and started bouncing around in the crank case... then found it's way into the cylinder. The engine quit when the chunk took out the coil in the glow plug.

I called HPI today, they said to send it to them in Califoria and they'll examine it to see if they will cover it under warranty.

Will keep you guys updated on HPI's response after they get the engine.

In the mean time, I have ordered an OS .18 CVRX from Great Hobbies. It's more power than I wanted, but .15's that fit my truck seem to be hard to find as everyone wants the bigger power.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

We should be there at about 9:00am, the lady from the mall said we need to be setup by 10:00am. Ken says he has the signs and the dvd/tv system for the video, I've got the tables and 2 vehicles to show (my 1/8th buggy and my 1/10th touring car). The show will end at 6:00pm, well actually we can leave whenever we want, but since the mall is open until 6:00pm we should stick around until then. I don't know what part of the mall we will be in yet, should be getting a call about that tommorow or on friday.

So far for people to work the show we've got;
Gregg (MadHacker)- 9:30am until whenever
Me- 11:00am-1:00pm

What hours can you other guys be there? I think we will need at least 2 people at one time to be there, but I don't think we should have more than 3 at a time. It would be too crowded.

PS- I finally got those brochures printed, 150 copies! All folded and everything, it cost $20. And the mall show fee was $55 (I thought it would be $80, cheaper is always good) , so I've got some cash for you Gary.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default Mall Show on Saturday

Brad, what is the objective of this show, and what is in the brochures? Perhaps you could give me a breifing on this upcoming mission. (I don't want to stand there stupidified if someone stops by our display.)

:-)
Old 04-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Basically it is just to promote the hobby and the club. The Brochures just have info about the club, our objectives, a race calendar, a registration form and a bit of other stuff. You'll see them next time you come into wonderland.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:01 AM
gkb
Tech Adept

Default Mall Show

I can be at the mall show from 10am - 1pm or so.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Hey, that's great! I was wondering how quickly Brad's vehicles would get stolen if I was by myself and had to go get something to eat, or use the washroom... LOL!
Old 04-21-2005, 02:24 PM
gkb
Tech Adept

Default Dirt

Ok guys, 15 loads of dirt will be here April 21, which is tomorrow at 7 AM. They will be dumping 5 loads at the north end of the track, 5 loads in the middle of the track and 5 loads at the south end of the track. I need Brad or Robert to direct the bobcat to design the track.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry I missed the action boys. I had a dentist's appointment this am, and had a frozen face for most of the day... In no mood for playing in the dirt.

If you guys need more help with raking or shovelling over the next few days, let me know, and I'll try to arrange to come and help out, except for however long on Saturday that I'll be at the mall tending to our display.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:09 AM
gkb
Tech Adept

Default Track

The dirt has been hauled in and spread around, we still need about 10 more loads for jumps etc.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:31 AM
gkb
Tech Adept

Default Dirt

I just got an email from Mike and the city will deliver 10-12 more loads of dirt.!!
Old 04-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default Good News

That's great news! I'm excited to see what the new track turns out like. Looking farward to bigger jumps and a longer straight-a-way! Perhaps I'll get a moment to stop and check it out on the way to the mall tomorrow morning.

I got a phone call from Ken this afternoon. Looks like he and I will be setting up in the morning and manning the display for at least the first half of the day.

My Nitro MT2 18SS should be in on Wednesday! Hopefully I'll have the kit put together and running for the weekend.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 151 votes, 1.58 average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service