Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
2010 Alberta RC Pro Series Schedule >

2010 Alberta RC Pro Series Schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Alberta RC Pro Series Schedule

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 2.60 average.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:54 PM
JD
Tech Regular

Spec sounds cool in some cases, but in reality i dont think we would benefit from it all.

Bringing in 2 sets of NEW factory sealed tires..... yah, really brings down the price, that really isnt cheaper, you have to buy new tires just for 1 race, when I could pick a set out of a box that ive used previously. Realistically there is no way someone could be stopped cheating if there smart about it, could swap out tires every round still in the pits and I bet noone would notice. diesel the hell out of them too!

Tires yes do make a huge differece, but the bottom line is that the good drivers are still going to be winning like before no matter what. want to keep costs down? dont go ridiculous on things, limit yourself, limiting other people choices isnt the answer....

Just because 4 or 5 people posted on a forum that they would like it is nowhere near the opinion of every racer, I barely post on the forums or look on them anymore. so dont get upset that they arent open to the idea, cant really just go out and change the rules. Something like this would need to be announced atleast a year in advance, so theres no reason to get all jumpy when the simple (and smart) answer of no is given.

just to make it clear, im against it
Old 01-31-2010, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JD

Tires yes do make a huge differece, but the bottom line is that the good drivers are still going to be winning like before no matter what. want to keep costs down? dont go ridiculous on things, limit yourself, limiting other people choices isnt the answer....

just to make it clear, im against it
Best response so far and I agree 100%.

Like the pink fish guy says it not the GF series it the RCpro series. Gary and the rest of the RCpro directors enforces the rules laid out by the governing body for this international series.

Now if we could enforces the rules equally for everyone this year and have less tantrums on the driver stand during the mains.............yeah I think that's the bigger issue.

Nothing like watching someone blow their cool over bragging rights and a plastic bowling trophy (serving platter in RCpro's case lol) amusing? yes, distracting? big time yes, makes you look like a dumbass? definately.

Yup but that's another can of worms there.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Initiate

I know that I am not that competitive, but there are a few other racers like me that bring nothing but used tires to the RC Pro races. Likely not many of us, but there are a few out there and for us it would represent an increase in the cost of racing.

I'm not really for or against it, just putting in my two cents.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And here I thought this was a dead issue.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Spec tires have their place but if i was everyone else i would be more concerned with the red deer leg of the race.

Race director? none as of this time. Nope id worry about not having a race before anything else. The club has not had any meetings since october of last year if my memory serves correctly. Might want to look into that though.

Last edited by Revoking4676; 02-25-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Revoking4676
Spec tires have their place but if i was everyone else i would be more concerned with the red deer leg of the race.

Race director? none as of this time. Nope id worry about not having a race before anything else. The club has not had any meetings since october of last year if my memory serves correctly. Might want to look into that though.
i will rd but i want a burger king crown..... and fries. lots of fries.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

thanks when the club resumes ill let them know you might be interested. Thats kinda why i posted thanks.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Revoking4676
thanks when the club resumes ill let them know you might be interested. Thats kinda why i posted thanks.
You have a PM
Old 02-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Revoking - Red Deer does have a Race Director on retainer just in case the club doesn't get one in time - I made sure of that prior to awarding them the final.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Initiate

The RCRE website is down, are the rumours true "the club has folded" what will happen to the Edmonton leg of the series?
Old 02-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default We are fine and well

Originally Posted by JamesClark
The RCRE website is down, are the rumours true "the club has folded" what will happen to the Edmonton leg of the series?
The site is under maintenance. The address changed I think. If you google it you will find it this afternoon.
Corey
Old 02-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

James - I Hate you !
Old 02-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Wow how the Brotherly Love is being spread around. COOL
:nod
Old 02-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I can confirm. The RCRE club is no more..... Steve told me. Well, not directly. But I heard it from someone talking about the website in a LHS who said they knew a Steve in Nova Scotia. Close enough right?
Old 02-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

More like nut butter spread on with those two.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 2.60 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.