R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Canadian R/C Scene (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene-27/)
-   -   2010 Alberta RC Pro Series Schedule (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene/352666-2010-alberta-rc-pro-series-schedule.html)

svengali 12-17-2009 08:15 AM

2010 Alberta RC Pro Series Schedule

Here is the Alberta 2010 RCPS schedule.

May 21,22,23 - Edmonton
June 11,12,13 - Grande Prairie
July 2,3,4 - ** Edmonton (provisional-see below)
July 30,31/Aug 1 - Red Deer

** The second Edmonton date will be given to the Calgary club provided that one week prior to the season opener they have everything in place to host a race and a member of the club's executive have contacted myself with intent to do so. If contact is not made in the time frame mentioned the above schedule stands.

Illbreakthat 12-17-2009 12:38 PM

Thats excellent to find out about the dates Thank You Steve i have now put in for my holidays!

psycho4nitro 12-17-2009 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by svengali (Post 6731476)
Here is the Alberta 2010 RCPS schedule.

May 21,22,23 - Edmonton
June 11,12,13 - Grande Prairie
July 2,3,4 - ** Edmonton (provisional-see below)
July 30,31/Aug 1 - Red Deer

** The second Edmonton date will be given to the Calgary club provided that one week prior to the season opener they have everything in place to host a race and a member of the club's executive have contacted myself with intent to do so. If contact is not made in the time frame mentioned the above schedule stands.

Very Awesome, Looking forward to the series. :D

Happy Holidays

wojo1964 12-17-2009 02:48 PM

Nice to have the dates so quick,good job Steve.Any ideas what classes are going to be this year? I heard they might be dropping some. Thx Merry X-Mas All

svengali 12-17-2009 03:01 PM

I discussed this with Gary last night. As it stands at this very minute it's status quo. Gary will be talking to Carlton in January to discuss any possible changes to the classes.

WheelNut 12-17-2009 09:30 PM

Steve what do you think about adding a spec Slash class? Just to inject a bit of light hearted fun into the race weekends. If we ran lots of cars at once it would hardly add any time to the weekend and it would be a great class to break up the seriousness of the main racing classes.

svengali 12-18-2009 06:23 AM

As Gary has mentioned in the past, this isn't gonna happen - atleast not for 2010. The slash/sct have it's own series within the club racing ranks (check out the RCPS website for more info).

plumbum 12-18-2009 09:07 PM

ABOUT TIME!!! lol.

goatman 12-21-2009 07:55 AM

Gary was at our (should have been AGM) and let us know that he had 4 cities ready for the up coming season, the exec stated that we understood if we could not host a rcpro race this up coming season. I don't know if anything has changed since then. Our track location is the same status as last year, we will no doubt have a place to race this season. As far as the exec that is another story, if we do not have anyone step up to become the exec for this season by our last chance at a AGM late January there will be no RCGEARS this season. The club cannot run without an exec.

svengali 12-21-2009 10:26 AM

Gary was premature in that assumtion. I was in contact with numerous clubs about hosting an event - in the end there were only three clubs able to commit to holding a race. Seeing as 2010 each division is to hold 4 races, it left me with 2 choices. Edmonton takes two races or I give the Calgary club a chance to get their affairs in order and hold a race.
I really hope someone steps up and takes over the reigns of RCGears - I remember not too long ago how this was the strongest club in Alberta - with a little work, it can be again................ next to Edmonton of coarse!:D

kja812 12-21-2009 06:56 PM

Hi Larry,

I may be responsible for Gary's comment...I was/am very enthusiastic about bringing the series to Saskatchewan. Our club decided we are also a few volunteers shy of guaranteeing a successful first event. I'm hoping a few of us can participate in the series next year to have a good idea of what it takes to host an RC Pro event.

- Kevin Antony, SORRCC Track Director

tuhyper 12-21-2009 07:58 PM

Well Our club in Grande Prairie is very excited to be a host of the Alberta 2010 RCPS this coming year.

We would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas this year and hope your stocking has a part or two in it from Santa

Drive safe and keep the rubber on the rug

rc pete 01-20-2010 04:07 PM

Spec tires?

I'd like to float the idea of spec tires for the Alberta RC Pro series in order to control costs for the average racer, to encourage wider participation and to make the competition closer.

We made this leap in the WCICS on-road series with rubber tire racing, as have most on-road race venues, and it's been a huge success.
We went from carrying $1,200 of tires to every race (because you never know which tire/insert/wheel combination would work best and whichever one that is, you gotta have enough for the weekend), to handing $30 to the race director and getting your 1 set of premounted spec tires for the weekend.

Here are some ideas that a bunch of us have been throwing around, in case this is something the organizers of the series (or individual races) want to entertain:
- specify either one type/compound of spec tire or a specific tire
- can represent multiple manufacturers
- can do bulk club/race purchase or leave it up to individuals to supply their own
- easy to police, since you can read what tire it is, and can feel the compound and insert
- should specify maximum of 2 sets (most would then use 1 for qualifying and 1 for mains, or however they wanted to use them)
- optionally, can mark the rim as is done at all spec tire events

1st example (specific tire, supporting two manufacturers):
- Buggy: Proline Revolver Medium with blue molded insert, any legal wheel
- Truggy: AKA GridIron Medium with AKA insert, any legal wheel

2nd example (choice of tires among multiple manufacturers):
- Medium Bowtie type of tire - could include Proline M2 bowtie, AKA Medium I-beam, Losi Eclipse Red, etc..

Tire choice is irrelevant, since everyone has to run and tune to the same tire, as long as it's a reasonable choice for the track in terms of traction and wear.

Most contracts (for guys that have a tire deal), say you must run their tires UNLESS there is a spec tire for the event, so there shouldn't be any issues there.

Revoking4676 01-20-2010 04:34 PM

Pete great idea but this ain't touring car races. It may be realistic at the club level but rc pro races get expensive when you start to do things like that. It is a great idea to toy with and look into but i personaly cannot see it happening this year.

Thumbs up to the great idea.

maniac mechanic 01-20-2010 04:55 PM

I really like this idea. I'm sick and tired of buying over $200 worth of tires every year just to keep up with the latest fad. Just to end up with something that's marginally better than last year.

Problem I see with applying this to offroad is the inconsistent track surfaces and materials from track to track. In the past I've needed 3 different sets of tires to race big events like the winternats because the track changes so drastically from practice to quallies to mains. And I'm not talking foams here. It was bowties to crimefighters to holeshots.

I don't think this would work with one spec tire. You would probably need 3 different spec tires. Even this would be a huge improvement over what we have to carry from race to race now. Never mind yearly expense.