Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
2010 Alberta RC Pro Series Schedule >

2010 Alberta RC Pro Series Schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Alberta RC Pro Series Schedule

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 2.60 average.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SkaterX
I enjoyed RC Pro this year. The rules are good and it seems to be a turnkey solution for clubs.

That being said, I don't believe people are actually reading what Scott is typing... From what I’ve read, he just wants to know if someone is pocketing money... By the lack of response, I’d guess it's not our place to know where the money is going... So, there are a few options. Keep RC Pro and the clubs can put more effort into generating revenue at the race. Someone steps up and creates a series (not it!). Or... Clubs hold individual races and hope people show up (Medicine Hat has a great facility/club and the attendance was disappointing).
I would love to create an Alberta series Wayne.....but of course you would have to proof-read and approve the rule book for me.

As I have said before whatever route racing in Alberta takes.....we have to do what will give back the MOST to the individual racer and club.

-Kane
Old 09-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I find this thread funny to a point. Im getting old and this is what i remember. Years back the talk was all about roar, then roar sucks. Then comes the birth of an Alberta series to a western candian series then to corcs. We drop corcs because no one could agree to a rule book/follow it and wanted more recognition for the racers. Now to rcproseries where there is recognition for the racers and a standardize rule book for all. 1 set of rules for everyone to follow. Not 8 clubs banging heads trying to decide something simple. Ie too many chiefs not enough Indians. IMO whatever the series is taking from the race is a small price in comparison to dealing with a bunch of wannabe race organizers and keyboard jockeys who cry *things can be better without lifting a finger to do anything. 12yrs ago we were happy to break even on a onroad race anything in the black was bonus.

I like rcproseries and I like what the people running it are doing. Most of all I like going to a organized race series and run without the constant bickering between clubs.

For most of us we race for bowling trophies and bragging rights and most importantly for fun. Keep it simple.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Default In for a Blitzn

Sure I game for a little humiliation! OLDSAVAGE. When on Sunday? I haven't raced at Mootown for 1-1/2 years.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:27 AM
Company Representative

Scott, here's some simple logic for you. Last year RCPS got $2 per entry from the clubs, not even close to covering the cost of trophies across canada, let alone any of the tech equipment, shipping costs, and other costs involved in running the series. In season 2 the race fees were $20 and $5 and all the clubs made money. This year we took $10 and $5, but increased the fees to $30 and $10 so there was no impact to the clubs, but that they would make $2 more on the first entry and $3 more on the second entry and now 2 clubs lost money. They are getting more money per entry than last year and lost money? How is that in any way RCPS fault? Both Calgary and Red Deer paid for a RD, Calgary paid someone to be in tech, RD paid for a generator and fuel, entries were down in numbers.

Everyone wants better trophies, Tshirts, hats, and more and more and more, but how do you pay for it? You need to have funding to buy all of this stuff. and $2 a entry won't cut it.

Whoever wants to take this out of my hands, please step up and do so. I'll give you the seed money we have built up for next year and I can put all of this BS behind me. Scott you are the first candidate since you have such keen insight into how to run things and how cheap everything is. You did a stellar job with CORCS. Better yet, why don't you do the RD'ing for those clubs that lost money? Oh hold on you got paid for RD'ing the Winter Nats. Hotel, Food, and a fee if I am not mistaken. Maybe someone else then?
Old 09-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You are mistaken Gary. I got hotel for Winter Nats.

I was not condoning you Gary, merely asking questions based on what information I was given.

So please do not come at me with that attitude.

And if you really want to look at it that way we can. But if you want to try to continue this personal attack on me, go ahead. We have been down this road before and it didn't benefit either one of us. This time it can.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
So Gary, You spent $4000 in the first couple of years on the series. Not sure where it all went with the exception of $20 in trophies for those years at all the races.
Thats not a personal attack? The solution is simple scott, stay away from the RCPS races. You have a personal hate for everything I do because you have a belief that everything that is done is on a personal whim of mine. Racers wanted organized racing with a set of rules that would give them recongition for thier efforts. They were fed up with the way CORCS was being run. I offered to CORCS for 3 years to do what I am doing now, and if I remember correctly, you were the loudest opposition to that because CORCS didn't need anyone to promote or organize it. You now can see the results of something not having one person to guide it.

For all of those that have been emailing and pm'ing me with the kinds words of support and thanks, I appreciate it.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Get off the forum, take it to the pm or email.

Guys this really needs to be taken somewhere else, this should not be on the forum. This is not helping to bring out new racers to the hobby, all it is doing sending people elsewhere. This soap opera shit has got to go.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

JER-RY!JER-RY!JER-RY!
Old 09-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Not true Gary but Like I said, if you would like to continue this feel free to contact me. There are many ways that you know of to do so. This has nothing to do with you as a person. This has everything to do with what RC Pro is actually offering the racers of Alberta.

And no Gary, that isn't an attack. That is a question. You of all people should know the difference. I don't need to fight with you anymore. It's not worth my time. I asked questions and I was hoping to get answers. Guess that won't happen to the questions I am asking. No worries.

And like I said earlier as well, if RC Pro is where the fast guys go next year, that's what I will race.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Rookie

This is getting old with all the crying about this and that
Scott as far as it looks to me Gary answered the ? of How much money goes where. The reason that a couple of clubs didn't make money is because they didn't do anything else to get more money ie 50/50 or a raffle.

On another topic seems to me at the last winter nats you had said that you and another person not to be mentioned could organize and run a race better than what went on at the Nats. But i guess you don't have the skills to do so cause nothing has ever transpired from that.

Please drop all the complaining so we all can talk about the next season 2011

Looking forward to racing next year

Old 09-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Put up the money and I'll do the race. That's why the Clutch Nutz aren't doing it anymore.

And yes, that question was answered. Others have not been. Whatever, I'll deal with it. They probably never will be.

If anyone else has anything to say to me, please pm me. I agree this is getting old. As soon as it went to personal attacks, it's not worth it anymore.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:02 AM
NRG
Tech Apprentice

Default THIS HAS TO END

Come on guys this is absolute BS....

Gary. Thanks for all your contribution since 1993. If it was not for you we would have had 0 ROAR WCORCS CORCS OR RCPRO races. And RCGEARS would not exist.

If anyone has a problem with the way things are run step up and join the execs. Dont fight them. Help out by giving suggestions. Fighting like this in public shows no class. At this rate we will have nothing in the next 2 years.

Just my 2 cents.