Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KARZ Calgary

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.14 average.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone have extra battery hold bar from a m-04 or m-03. The one that comes on the m-05 doesnt work with my orion lipos so ya. Its that little l shaped piece that holds the battery in. Much appreciated
Old 12-13-2009, 11:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys, thanks again for another great night. The action was hot, and the King had his throne yanked out from under him. I know Ivan's going to come back more determined than ever to regain his crown.

The Mini A main was an absolute blast. I actually got to hold on to second place for a while! I'm going to be gunning for all you guys.

Thanks to everyone that stuck around for teardown. The crowd gets pretty thin by the end of the evening and those who stay are deserving of our gratitude.

Speaking of sticking around, there are some that don't. Everyone, especially those in the A main, know that it's a lot of work to set up and tear down a track each race day. We race together, we should tear down together. This counts for set up as well. There are a few people that show up late and leave as soon as the action has finished. Not cool.

I know that sometimes we're in a rush to get somewhere, but please support your fellow racers and participate. With a solid group of people tear down can be done in 10-15 minutes.

Thanks again everyone See you next race day.

Jim
Old 12-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That was definitely some good racing last night. I have two questions though, hoping someone might be able to answer 'em..

First of all, I noticed twice last night that when I was driving around, hit the brakes and came to a complete stop, the car just died. No throttle or steering, but the transponder was still blinking. All I had to do to fix this was turn it off and back on again. Never happened during a race, either. Brad suggested I try adjusting the throttle trim on my tx a little, which I did, but I forgot to ask what the reasoning was behind that. Do you guys think it's a problem with my esc or my rx?

And secondly, I forgot to write down the brand name of the lipo batteries Jeremy sells. Was hoping someone knew.

Thanks guys!
Old 12-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Jim PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey scott any word about my transponder I gave you a couple of weeks ago, the one not counting consistently?

Brad any chance of one of these test and tune nights that I thought we were having the first time we had the early start? I am at a loss with my mini and would like to hear from some the experienced guys like AJ Ivan and many of the others out there. I am not up to bothering anyone on a race night as I now they are there to race and not be pestered, by tons of questions.

Walter
Old 12-13-2009, 12:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZiG-87
And secondly, I forgot to write down the brand name of the lipo batteries Jeremy sells. Was hoping someone knew.

Thanks guys!
The brand Jeremy carries are Susumu. They are exactly the same batteries as Yeah Racing and probably a few others brands as well.

Jim
Old 12-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Will be a bit late tonight

Hey guys,

I'm planning on trying to come out for some 1/12th action tonight but I won't be able to be there until at least 4:00, perhaps a bit later. Is this OK?

Could someone ensure I get registered?

Cheers,
Mike
Old 12-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks for the mini piece brad and what a great night of racing
Old 12-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great night of racing guys. Hope everybody enjoyed it. Thanks for all the help with set up and tear down. Special thanks to Al Noor for all his race directing that he took on tonight - much appreciated. Personal thanks to Colin for letting me use his tire truer, it seems to really help my car running on cut down tires. Looking forward to next time for the touring and 12th scale night. Hopefully we can persuade a few more people to come out.

Have a good week.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Default Karz racing report

ANOTHER HOT NIGHT OF RACING TO KEEP THE COLD OUT. THANKS TO ALL THAT BRAVED THE CHILL AND CAME OUT TO HEAT UP THE TRACK. A COUPLE NEW FACES OF GREG M AND SHAUN L, WHO BOTH RAN TOURING CAR AS WELL A JOHN D WHO RAN TTO1, SO LETS GET TO THE ACTION

B-MAIN TTO1

THIS RACE HAD A UNFAMILIAR FACE OF DWAYNE F IN IT WHO MISSED A COUPLE QUALIES AND HAD TO WORK HIS WAY BACK, AND DID A GREAT JOB
TO TAKE THE RACE AND A BUMP TO THE SHOW.GREAT DRIVING ALL AND GREAT KARZ ETIQUETTE.

A- MAIN MINI

NICE TO SEE THE EXTRA TTO1 DRIVERS GETTING THAT WHEEL TIME ON THE TRACK . THIS RACE WAS NICE FOR MATT WHO HAS BEEN WORKING HARD ON HIS CAR AND DRIVING, TO WIN HIS FIRST A- MAIN OVER A FIELD THAT CHASED HIM AROUND THE TRACK AND FORCED HIM TO DRIVE A HARD RACE
NICE JOB ALL.

MATT- 35 0.703
KEN- 35 2.390
DWAYNE- 34
COLIN- 33
JOHNNY- 30
WALTER- 30

A- MAIN 12TH SCALE

JUST SOME GREAT DRIVING TONIGHT PUT ON BY THESE TOP DRIVERS, THESE CARS WERE MOVING FAST AND LEAVING A COLORFUL STREAK BEHIND THEM. THEY ALL TRIED TO CATCH MR SMOOTH, BUT HE WANTED NO PART OF THAT AND PUT THE HAMMER DOWN AND LEFT THEM IN HIS DUST. GREAT DRIVING ALL.

MR SMOOTH- 44
JONESY- 43 2.000
G- MAN- 43 8.313
JOHNNY- 35

A- MAIN TOURING

WELL THIS FIELD SPENT MOST OF THE NIGHT CHASING THE FLOOD AROUND IN QUALIFYING, BUT IN THE MAIN THEY THREW ALL THEY COULD AT HIM AND A FEW UNTIMELY TAPS ON THE WALL AND SOME MENTAL ERRORS, DWAYNE FOUND HIMSELF IN THIRD CHASING A SPEEDY CHRIS FOR A BIT, BUT OUT OF THE MIST CAME THE NEW COMER GREG MILLES WHO SAID HELLO BOYZ, SEEYA BOYZ AND TOOK THE RACE ON HIS FIRST NIGHT OUT, NICE JOB ALL.

GREG- 37
CHRIS- 36
DWAYNE- 35
SHAUN- 33
KEN M- 29

THANKS ALL FOR HELP WITH SET UP AND TEAR DOWN. WE DO NOT RACE NOW FOR A COUPLE WEEKS TILL DEC 27

THANKS ALL

BRAD

Last edited by Racing wolfpack; 12-14-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Great night indeed and I have to agree with Kevin, Al Noor was great on the mike. Lots of fun
Old 12-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scubierex
Brad any chance of one of these test and tune nights that I thought we were having the first time we had the early start? I am at a loss with my mini and would like to hear from some the experienced guys like AJ Ivan and many of the others out there. I am not up to bothering anyone on a race night as I now they are there to race and not be pestered, by tons of questions.

Walter
Walter, next time im down there feel free to ask as many Q's as you want on race night. i get just as much of a kick out of helping as i do driving, so would love to help get your car sorted so you can forget about the car. Goes for anyone

Ivan bud, its easy to see why you held the TT01 title for so long, your so damn consistent! Amazing race bud, ive been more relaxed at a big titles race, than what i was on Saturday night! Exact same fast lap, and we had 3-4 feet between us for the first 4 mins or so! No room to let up and no time to relax, it was so much fun And Ricky, amazing flag to flag win mate. The rest of us were too busy climbing over one another to get to you lol. Congrats

And sorry i couldnt make it to TC/12th day on Sunday, two cold nights in a row was enough for me, plus my mum was cooking up a storm so i couldnt miss out on the food!!
Old 12-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

BradS, the track is in the West Midlands UK.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Default kARZ

Originally Posted by c-lyon
BradS, the track is in the West Midlands UK.
NICE THAT AINT THAT FAR AWAY EH

THANKS COLIN
Old 12-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Lots of fun last night guys. Had fun battling in 1/12th. Congrats to Kevin for getting your 1/12th up to speed and running such a clean race, I think you may have only touched once in the race. Great job. Lots of fun racing with all of you.

John great to see you out doing 1/12th hopefully you get that issue straightened out with the throttle control. Here is that link to Gearchart that I promised you.

http://www.gearchart.com/index.cfm?f...n=chart.create

Hope everyone has a safe and Wonderful Holiday Season!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.14 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.