Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Can you guys suggest a good starting point for FDR in F1? I'll be using a Sonic 21.5 in an F104.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Friday Recap

A great night of racing!

So first up was touring stock b main. Paul had a smooth race and finished out front. Gordon held off Nick to finish second, Nick third. Cody improved this week, and got forth. Jim had his touring car out for the first time and really enjoyed driving it. He finished fifth. Trevor had issues and didn't finish.

Touring stock a main was next. This was a close race with the top three only seconds apart. The order was Ivan, Cal, and Aaron. The difference between all three was less than two seconds. The next two had a good race as well. Walter finished fourth Tom only a second behind for fifth. Ian doing well in the a main! He finished sixth, not far behind Tom. Tommy had trouble and was unable to finish.

Touring mod a main. This was a good race, too. First and second finished only two seconds apart. Jim won with Pete a very close second. Again Ivan and Aaron were really close. Ivan got third, only one hundredth of a second ahead of Aaron. Eddy and Tommy had a good race as well. Separated by only a second, Eddy got fifth, and Tommy finished sixth.

1/12 stock b main. Steven drove well and got the top spot. Shawn in a solid second place with a good drive as well. Shane had a good run too and got third. Good to see Shane out again! Colin didn't start.

1/12 stock a main. Al had this heat under control. He dominated over battling Matt and Jim. Hopefully Jim was having fun, because I was! Matt took second, and Jim got a close third. Cal had an issue, but still finished in forth. (Out of four). Lol.

Mini was a good heat. Walter drove his smooth running car to the top spot of the podium. Tim had tuning issues early in the evening, but got them sorted out and his car looked much better. He came in second. Jim drove well to a third place finish. Trevor came in fourth, and Gordon got fifth.

So a couple things. This week we used a qualifying points system. It worked out well and it makes for better racing. If Im wrong somebody please correct me. Each heat matters as you collect points on your placing in each heat. 1st is awarded no points, 2nd is given 2 points, 3rd is given 3 points etc. After all qualifying heats are done, the mains are assembled with the least amount of points. In the coming weeks we are also going to try to run Reedy style points. We are trying these formats to work the bugs out so we can run our leg of the ATS smoothly with minimum computer issues.

We are also going to try something a bit different for club racing. We will have a spot set up to put cars down after your heat. We will be asking drivers to set their cars down before heading back to their pit so they can marshal the next heat. As before we want the winner of the heat to run the next heat. Hopefully we can all do our part to follow this to help the night move along.

That is all for now.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

FYI CARCAR dudes. I stopped in at lunch today and fixed the speed bump on the short straight in front of the DS. Thanks for peeling the carpet back Matt... We're good to go, should be smooth now.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Jim. That bump wasn't noticable in TC, but sure made the 12 scales fly.

F1: lets get them out. We need some practice before the ATS race. Edmonton is running it at club and getting lots of wheel time.

Quali points: worked good. Didn't notice the difference with only running 3 Quali heats. Will make more of a difference when we run 4+ heats. Any questions feel free to ask. I am still trying to figure out tie breaks.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm hoping to have my F1 ready.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks Jim! Im ready for some F1.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I' got my tires and ESC for the F1 ordered! Been going through the chassis one screw at a time and trying to figure out battery/electronics mounting. It's coming along. Should be good to go in a few weeks.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just wondering who wants to run 12th again this Friday? I had a blast last week.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Ran my F1 for the first time on Tuesday... It's a different kind of beast for sure but I'm ready for some open wheel action Friday too.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ophidian
Just wondering who wants to run 12th again this Friday? I had a blast last week.
looks like their going to pull off a F1 race this Friday. But ask again next Friday Oct 24 and I'm in for sure!
Old 10-16-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I’m in for F1. Hopefully get a full heat this week. A lot of people have them but haven’t built them. What’s wrong with you guys!…..could have just bought used RTR, it’s lot easier. Gonna bring out the 12th scale too just in case. Wanna test my old 13.5 black can no timing Orca motor and see if it’s still competitive.

Anyone got extra 104 64p tooth spur gears I can buy off you? I don’t think my Mod TC can survive another race night with 4 damaged teeth…..or can it? There’s always TC stock as the go to class. But there’s nothing wrong with it so don’t really wanna run that and mess it up!

Will bring them all out and see what happens.

Ivan
Old 10-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
I don’t think my Mod TC can survive another race night with 4 damaged teeth…..or can it?
Ivan
Just cut off 4 teeth from the opposite side and you should be fine.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joech
Just cut off 4 teeth from the opposite side and you should be fine.
That's terrible advice. You should grind 4 matching teeth off the pinion so it meshes properly.

Hoping to have my F1 ready for tomorrow.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve S
That's terrible advice. You should grind 4 matching teeth off the pinion so it meshes properly.

Hoping to have my F1 ready for tomorrow.
yes but grinding 4 teeth off the pinion is not good enough, he should grind at least 4 more teeth off the spur so it meshes well for each complete rotation.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That's too much work for Ivan. It'd be less work to just ease off the throttle each time the broken teeth come around.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.