Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default This ranks right up there.....

Originally Posted by purple haze
that was a fun night of racing !

also great job by the club , dragging el presidente (kicking and screaming as he was) into the modern era of radio technology too .
I’m pretty happy already when someone gets me a coffee or a can of pop…..but a new 2.4 radio and 8 new receivers?!!?!?!

It was announced as a parting gift for doing my best that last few years as club president, but I suspect it’s either pity on me having the oldest radio in the club or seeing my car glitch regularly on the track, or that some fear for getting their eyeballs poked out by my 5 feet antenna when they are near my radio. But for whatever reasons, I can only say a big thank you for everyone involved.

Thanks Steve for organizing, Erwin and Al for ordering and everyone else whom I will personally thank when I see you next.

Would you believe my radio and old receivers are twice the weight of the new ones? Crazy.

Ivan
Old 11-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default Friday Night Club Racing Results

Fun night of racing as usual!

We had 36 entries in 3 classes of Mini, Stock TC and Mod TC. We unfortunately couldn’t run 12th scale as only 4 cars came out. We did really well for time again and made 4 qualifiers and the Mains in under 4 ½ hours. We actually did get going at 6:30, so we finished racing at 11pm! Gordon also recorded some videos again.

In Mini, we had TQ Matt win convincingly a lap over Walter, who was a lap over a tightly contested 3rd place won by Timbulb over Jim E. and Patrick. Gordon followed, then Carter. Colin unfortunately couldn’t start.

In TC Stock B Main, B-Main Shane won over a full field by a lap. 2nd place was contested closely by 4 cars all race as they all went back and forth but in the end, Bernie took it over Gordon, Blaine and Timbulb. Walter followed, then Ian. Unfortunately David and Stu couldn’t start.

In TC Stock A Main, Steve decided to run again so he obviously TQ’ed again and won too! Jim wasn’t too far back coming in second. A few seconds behind him was Ivan who came back from last after the 1st corner and then Erwin who had a consistent run all night. Next, Aaron edged out Matt who made just a few too many mistakes, followed by Ken and Cal.

In TC Mod B Main, it was an exciting battle all race eventually won by Bernie over a hard charging Cal who was catching but ran out of time. David wasn’t too far back in 3rd followed by Carter who is getting more consistent! Blaine unfortunately had mechanical issues.

In TC Mod A Main, Steve didn’t have his main competition around so he easily TQ and won. Jim again drove strong for second place finish and then Erwin who had a consistent race for 3rd over Ivan. Aaron was driving well but a mechanical issue finished his night a third of the way into the race as it also did to Ken.

We did 4 qualifiers 2 weeks in a row! Can we make it 3 in a row?

Also a reminder we have 2 more race nights before the Karz WCICS race up in Airdrie December 6-8th. Carcar will be closed that Friday night in support of the race.

Ivan
Old 11-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Now when you see Ivan driving erratically, you'll know it's not a glitch
Old 11-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

I was looking at Ivan's car when it was lined up in the grid. I have never seen a servo glitch that much just sitting in one spot. I bought the same radio a couple of weeks ago. It feels very nice and it is accurate. Plus the receivers can be used on the M12 aswell when you upgrade in 20 years.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve S
Now when you see Ivan driving erratically, you'll know it's not a glitch
Yeah, it's probably those tires that are about to blow apart....
Old 11-17-2013, 03:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
...or that some fear for getting their eyeballs poked out by my 5 feet antenna when they are near my radio.
I've only got the one. Of course I'm nervous.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Carcar-punchout.jpg

Carcar-punchout-2.jpg

Pretty funny. I can take it.

Ivan
Old 11-18-2013, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I’m pretty happy already when someone gets me a coffee or a can of pop…..but a new 2.4 radio and 8 new receivers?!!?!?!

It was announced as a parting gift for doing my best that last few years as club president, but I suspect it’s either pity on me having the oldest radio in the club or seeing my car glitch regularly on the track, or that some fear for getting their eyeballs poked out by my 5 feet antenna when they are near my radio. But for whatever reasons, I can only say a big thank you for everyone involved.

Thanks Steve for organizing, Erwin and Al for ordering and everyone else whom I will personally thank when I see you next.

Would you believe my radio and old receivers are twice the weight of the new ones? Crazy.

Ivan
No... The end of an era, ladies and gentlemen.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Congrats Ivan, you deserve it! Another great night of racing, thanks!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

All videos of the mains from Nov 15, 2013 are posted on youtube...
Old 11-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default Racing Tomorrow!

If you didn't know...... it's Friday Night Club Racing tomorrow!!!

Club open by 5pm

Registration 6 – 6:20pm.

Racing starts 6:30pm pending no computer issues. Looking to get 4 rounds of qualifying in with the mains done in under 5 hours. Just need people to be ready when they are up, corner marshals to be out right away, and winner of the heat to run the computer for the next race. That doesn't sound hard now does it?

Popular Classes: TC Stock, Tamiya Mini, TC Mod, and 12th scale

1st class: $10 (non-members add $5)
2nd class: $5 (non-members add $5)

For the guys into the point’s series, this is Race #6!

Just a reminder Karz is running the next 2 weekends before their big WCICS race. Support their 12th scale class if you can and get out and get as much practice as possible!

See everyone tomorrow!

Ivan

ps. Here's another one of those Driving Etiquette threads: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...etiquette.html
I think as a club we've done really well on this issue, but there is always room for improvement so there is less misunderstandings, hurt feelings, and negative confrontational attitudes that take away from the fun in this hobby.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

But the real question is, how long will the antenna on the Chanimal's radio be?
Old 11-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dog Bone
It's what you do with it that matters.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Attachment 1135238

Attachment 1135239

Pretty funny. I can take it.

Ivan

Wow. super punch out!!!.

old skool.

Nick K
Old 11-24-2013, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dog Bone
Without the antenna on the new radio, it just feels weird now to hold the radio near my left shoulder without counter balance weight. I'll figure it out eventually. There have been threats against me taping the antenna to the new radio.

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
It's what you do with it that matters.
That's what guys with small antennas say.

Originally Posted by Phoenix82
Wow. super punch out!!!.

old skool.

Nick K

Just Mike Tyson's Punchout for the original Nintendo NES System. One of my favourite games of all time!

Ivan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.