Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
SoCal R/C Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus ! >

SoCal R/C Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SoCal R/C Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus !

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Does 13.5 TC use regular TC rules and race format?
To answer your question Rick, yes and no. Yes on the regular TC rules, no on race format. 13.5 class will follow same format as our Winter Series for 17.5 GT Sedan.

Qualifying is 3 minutes and your qualifying time is the average of your 5 best laps. This will seed you for your (3) races. Each race will be 10 minutes long with one pit stop. The pit stops are timed (we have a pit timer and someone gets to be the pit marshall). You can pit anytime after one complete lap and before the 7 minute mark so the last three minutes are heads up racing. Each round is scored like qual points (100 for first overall, 99 for second overall, etc.) and your days points is all three rounds combined.

We are glad to have you and some of the Associated factory drivers join us for our event ! We are sure you will have a fun day with us.

STAY TUNED !

Panda
Old 05-28-2015, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default Rules and stuff

Flyer for the Tuning Haus Summer Haus Party, Part 1 to be held at Tamiya America Raceway on Saturday June 13th. I have added the flyer to the original post on page 1 also. Including the link to our Winter Series page that listed rules for GT Sedan and F1 class along with race format and pit stops. Note for the Summer Haus party that Formula 1 will be 10 minute races with 1 pit stop only, same as the sedan classes.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/race/race_...asp?race_no=29

http://www.rccarevents.com/event_det...?event_id=2406

STAY TUNED !

Panda

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 06-02-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Available entries updated

Due to the popularity and increased sign-ups after the Reedy Race of Champions for the sedan classes, we have made the following changes in the entries that will allow more racers to enjoy our unique racing format but still maintain our maximum 8 heats so we can all have fun and end at a reasonable time.

Formula 1: We have capped the entries at 12 (1 heat) so this class is full. As a die hard F1 guy and racing in this class, we made this difficult decision based on the low entries for this class.

13.5 TC sedan: We have increased the entries from 2 heats to 3. This class was filled up with the addition of Associated drivers Rick Howart, Sean Cochran and Steve Weiss so we added 10 additional spots. Do you think you have what it takes to run with the big boys ? I am willing to bet most competitors in this class will have the blue "Reedy" logo on their wheels. Will the top 3 13.5 drivers from the Reedy race step up and see if they can go just as fast.......but for 10 minutes ?

17.5 GT Sedan: There are only 9 spots left in this class that is scheduled for 4 heats (40 entries). What more can you say about the fun factor of this class. Four of the Reedy 17.5 A main drivers are already signed up for this class as well as a number of other Reedy 17.5 and 13.5 entrants. This is going to be one tough class and for those that finish the day with one of our trophies for the top 10 in each class, you will know you have earned it !

STAY TUNED !

Panda
Old 05-29-2015, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Default Time is running out !

Only 6 spots are left in 13.5 TC and 3 spots left in 17.5 GT Sedan ! When these two classes are filled, that will be it. We will not be able to add any more heats so if you were on the fence to race or not, sign up now or you might be left on the porch with the puppies watching the big dogs run by !

Panda
Old 05-29-2015, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

All signed up! The big question is will there be a open practice the Saturday before ?
Old 05-29-2015, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F. Mendoza
All signed up! The big question is will there be a open practice the Saturday before ?
Hi Paco,

Thanks for joining us in 13.5. There will not be any special open practice the weekend before the Tuning Haus race. Just bring your Reedy car and change motor and pinion and you are good to go. See you on the 13th !

We will be working up a schedule for race day and will send an e-mail out to alL drivers registered. The schedule will include what time the track will open, open and controlled practice times, and a schedules with times for qualifying and race heats (so we can make sure we keep ourselves on schedule).

STAY TUNED !

Panda
Old 05-30-2015, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default Who will be the last....

...... to make it into the Tuning Haus Summer Haus Part, Part 1 ?

Who will be the final entry ? Sign up before it is too late.

We will be working on the time schedule for the day and hope to have that e-mailed out to all entrants by end of next week.

Awards will be handed out at the end of the day to the top 10 drivers in each of the three classes (F1, GT Sedan and 13.5 TC). We will have the same BBQ vendor that was at our Winter Series final. He will have hot links, BBQ chicken and ribs. He completely sold out at our last event but will be prepared to pack much more for this event. What's a summer party without a BBQ ?

For the GT Sedan class, Protoform will be making there world debut of their newly licensed Cadillac ATS-VR GT sedan in the capable () hands of Eric Epp. How will he stack up against the onslaught of the tried and true Tamiya NSX body ? And who will venture out with the new Protoform PFM-10 body ? These questions and more will be answered in just two weeks !

Remember, for the Protoform bodies, they must be cut to the body lines (front and rear) and use the stock wing that comes with that body. No mix and match. The rear must be cut to the proper lines (see below for example of the back of the PFM-10) and wings must be cut to their lines. No cutting above the line for a taller wing. If in doubt, ASK ! The schedule will be tight and we do not want anyone to miss their qualifier or race because of body issues.

STAY TUNED !

Panda
Attached Thumbnails SoCal R/C Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus !-pfm-10-rear-1.jpg   SoCal R/C Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus !-pfm-10-rear-2.jpg  

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 06-03-2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
...... to make it into the Tuning Haus Summer Haus Part, Part 1 ?

Who will be the final entry ? Sign up before it is too late.

Panda
I saw Fred desperately trying to sign up from his phone today...
Old 05-31-2015, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by torg
I saw Fred desperately trying to sign up from his phone today...
I believe it was Lee who snagged the final spot !

So the good news / bad news is the Tuning Haus Summer Party, Part 1 is now full. I have already been contacted by a couple of racers and have a "waiting list" started for both F1 and sedan. If anyone already entered decides they cannot make the race, please PM me so I can try to get those people in.

Thank you,
Panda
Old 05-31-2015, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
I believe it was Lee who snagged the final spot !

So the good news / bad news is the Tuning Haus Summer Party, Part 1 is now full. I have already been contacted by a couple of racers and have a "waiting list" started for both F1 and sedan. If anyone already entered decides they cannot make the race, please PM me so I can try to get those people in.

Thank you,
Panda
Full fields
Nice !
Old 05-31-2015, 12:29 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I tried to sign up on my iPhone with one spot left in my favorite class, but I couldn't get it to work. Oh well. Have fun you all. I'm going to ride my bike instead.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FMW
I tried to sign up on my iPhone with one spot left in my favorite class, but I couldn't get it to work. Oh well. Have fun you all. I'm going to ride my bike instead.
Don't plan on that bike ride yet......

Panda
Old 05-31-2015, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I tried to sign up.. All filled up. Where is the waiting list
Old 06-01-2015, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is going to be a great day, I can't wait...
Old 06-01-2015, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Well that sucked. I missed it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.