Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree176Likes

The Roadrunners RC Club V.2

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 3.87 average.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks enare and tremor24 for the setup tips, I'll look for you guys out there this weekend. Still waiting on my 2wd buggy to arrive but I was thinking of heading out for open practice today to get some laps in with the pan car and determine if I'm ready for a race or not! will probably head out tomorrow for the on-road race. What time do the races start? I likely need to get some slow laps in beforehand to get a handle on the car. Also, are there house transponders?

Last edited by kommando98; 07-06-2019 at 10:47 AM. Reason: change in plans
Old 07-06-2019, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kommando98
Thanks enare and tremor24 for the setup tips, I'll look for you guys out there this weekend. Still waiting on my 2wd buggy to arrive but I was thinking of heading out for open practice today to get some laps in with the pan car and determine if I'm ready for a race or not! will probably head out tomorrow for the on-road race. What time do the races start? I likely need to get some slow laps in beforehand to get a handle on the car. Also, are there house transponders?
We should be up and going by 10ish, the offroad program kind of dictates the schedule a bit since they're doing a series race.

House transponders might be hard to come by depending on the size of the offroad newbies. I have some more MRT's coming for $55ish that work on everything around us except steel city.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
We should be up and going by 10ish, the offroad program kind of dictates the schedule a bit since they're doing a series race.

House transponders might be hard to come by depending on the size of the offroad newbies. I have some more MRT's coming for $55ish that work on everything around us except steel city.

Brian, thanks for getting me all squared away with registration and transponder (we'll probably pick up a couple of those MRTs when you get them). My son and I had a blast today. Special shout out to Dave and CJ for all of the help getting my 12th scale car set up and running right...thanks to your help I'll be better off for setting more competitive lap times next time out. Also thanks to the gentleman who loaned us the tire sauce, sorry I didn't catch your name.

Hope to get my son set up with a car soon, not sure where I will start him (because he seems to want every car he sees!), but I'd love to get him into a pan car as well. It's tricky to drive but I think it would teach him better driving habits. At least we'd have less set up issues once we get it initially dialed in.

Thanks again everyone for a fun Sunday, you'll definitely see us out there again!
Tremor24 likes this.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

The schedule for the Big Fat Turkey Race this weekend is below
Friday practice starts at 10am
Saturday the track opens by 8 and will have open/controlled practice until 10:00, we'll try to get 4 rounds in, qual points 2/4, maybe some lower mains
Sunday opens by 8, racing starts at 9 with lower mains going into the triple A's at the end of the day (2 bumps from the B's) with trophies hopefully around 3-4ish. I'll get a more specific number when we know the # of heats.
Tremor24 likes this.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Brian, thanks for getting me all squared away with registration and transponder (we'll probably pick up a couple of those MRTs when you get them). My son and I had a blast today. Special shout out to Dave and CJ for all of the help getting my 12th scale car set up and running right...thanks to your help I'll be better off for setting more competitive lap times next time out. Also thanks to the gentleman who loaned us the tire sauce, sorry I didn't catch your name.

Hope to get my son set up with a car soon, not sure where I will start him (because he seems to want every car he sees!), but I'd love to get him into a pan car as well. It's tricky to drive but I think it would teach him better driving habits. At least we'd have less set up issues once we get it initially dialed in.

Thanks again everyone for a fun Sunday, you'll definitely see us out there again!
Dont forget about us dirtbags over in offroad. I mean, those onroad guys are clean and all, but we have all the fun! lol

glad to hear you made it out. i have had a blast racing at roadrunner with my son too. look forward to seeing you around.

for onroad, i dont know what car, but, i would say, after my experience in offroad, go for the car that is easiest to drive. My son drove my b64 for the first time this weekend and it was like he became a comletwly different driver. he has been racing a 2wd stadium truck and slash 2wd.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by enare
Dont forget about us dirtbags over in offroad. I mean, those onroad guys are clean and all, but we have all the fun! lol

glad to hear you made it out. i have had a blast racing at roadrunner with my son too. look forward to seeing you around.

for onroad, i dont know what car, but, i would say, after my experience in offroad, go for the car that is easiest to drive. My son drove my b64 for the first time this weekend and it was like he became a comletwly different driver. he has been racing a 2wd stadium truck and slash 2wd.
Oh I haven't forgotten about off-road. We were just busy getting my on-road car all sorted out. It was previously run on carpet so there was a bit of work getting it to run right on the asphalt.

I have a partially assembled b6.1 in the garage that I need to finish up and get out there for off-road. My son certainly seems more interested in off-road (loves the jumps!) and while I think it would be cheaper to get him into on-road, I'll have to see what he's most interested in when he's able to run both cars.

I think 4wd buggy might be easier for him to drive than my 2wd, but I'm guessing that I'm going to be his crew chief so I'd like to have him running something similar to what I am, but we'll see.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:40 AM
JS
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default M-Chassis - Revised Rules and Guidelines

M-Chassis - Revised Rules and Guidelines!

These rules will be used this weekend at the 2019 BFTR Race and with the new upcoming On-Road Race Series!

Bring out your M-Chassis this weekend at BFTR and lets have some close battles and fun times!
The M-Chassis Class will have a maximum of 10 entries at the BFTR!

Series Handout Spec Motor
Reedy Sonic FT Fixed Timing 17.5 Comp Brushless Motor
Spec Motor will be provided during Race Days with Rental fee of $5/day
Racers must return Spec Handout Motor after each Race Day.

Tech - Voltage 8.44v, Blinky ESC, 1300g Min Weight and Rush Spec Tires RU-0454 (Mesh Wheel) or RU-0487 (5 Spoke Wheel)

BFTR Online Registration at rcsignup.com:
https://www.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?ID=7088

Visit the RoadrunnersRC site for more info on the M-Chassis Rules:
https://www.roadrunnersrc.com/classes

Old 07-11-2019, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JS
M-Chassis - Revised Rules and Guidelines!

These rules will be used this weekend at the 2019 BFTR Race and with the new upcoming On-Road Race Series!

Bring out your M-Chassis this weekend at BFTR and lets have some close battles and fun times!
The M-Chassis Class will have a maximum of 10 entries at the BFTR!

Series Handout Spec Motor
Reedy Sonic FT Fixed Timing 17.5 Comp Brushless Motor
Spec Motor will be provided during Race Days with Rental fee of $5/day
Racers must return Spec Handout Motor after each Race Day.

Tech - Voltage 8.44v, Blinky ESC, 1300g Min Weight and Rush Spec Tires RU-0454 (Mesh Wheel) or RU-0487 (5 Spoke Wheel)

BFTR Online Registration at rcsignup.com:
https://www.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?ID=7088

Visit the RoadrunnersRC site for more info on the M-Chassis Rules:
https://www.roadrunnersrc.com/classes

This sounds like a fun class. I'm a bit confused though on the M-chassis types. In looking on Tamiya's site, there are a whole bunch of different M-chassis, M-05 to M-08, some FWD/RWD some AWD: https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/radio...-chassis-cars/

Are they all eligible for this series?
Old 07-11-2019, 11:01 AM
JS
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

This sounds like a fun class. I'm a bit confused though on the M-chassis types. In looking on Tamiya's site, there are a whole bunch of different M-chassis, M-05 to M-08, some FWD/RWD some AWD: https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/radio...-chassis-cars/

Are they all eligible for this series?
Any Tamiya M-Chassis 2wd (Fwd or Rwd) will be allowed.
Fwd - M03, M05, M07
Rwd - M06, M08
4wd Mini chassis are not allowed.
Hope to see you racing the M-Chassis class
Old 07-15-2019, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

2019 BFTR is in the books! Pics and such are coming to the website but here's the results from the event until I can get some time to get my own stuff sorted as well.

Freedom Park Raceway :: 2019 Team Yokomo Big Fat Turkey Race :: LiveRC

Thanks to everybody that made it out, it was really great to see everyone having a good time. Also thanks to our sponsors Yokomo, Muchmore, Miller Time Designs, Off The Grid Designs, Rush tires USA and ActivRC!
Tremor24 likes this.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Pics from the event courtesy of Rugspin Graphix are online here, https://www.rugspingraphix.com/RC-Ra...ason/2019-BFTR
Old 07-19-2019, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

The track will be racing Sunday as usual (every Sunday) and open for practice Saturday as usual with a new layout.
Tremor24 likes this.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Brian, what is the name of your Youtube channel ?
Old 07-29-2019, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If a RoadRunner wants to pick up my last two 2 wire MyLaps transponders before the Golden State race I'll let them go both for $140.

MyLaps Transponders
Old 07-29-2019, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lightfoot
Brian, what is the name of your Youtube channel ?
Trying to get a good URL out of them still :P the body video is at

Last edited by Brian Bosley; 07-29-2019 at 10:28 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 3.87 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.