Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree176Likes

The Roadrunners RC Club V.2

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 3.87 average.

Old 08-23-2005, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)
Default The Roadrunners RC Club V.2

Established in 1974, the Roadrunners R/C Club has been bringing R/C racing to the Ventura County community for decades. Our facility is a landmark in the R/C world, and has hosted many sanctioned State and National events for NORCCA (National Organization for Racing Radio-Controlled Autos) and ROAR (Remotely Operated Auto Racers). Most of the world’s fastest racers in the R/C industry have raced here. Featuring on-road, off-road, dirt oval, and paved oval racing the Roadrunners R/C Club facility has something for everyone. Our dedicated club members volunteer their time and efforts to provide a great place to race. This is a public facility during the week, however the Roadrunners R/C Club moderates and maintains the facility under our discretion governed by an agreement with the PVRPD (Pleasant Valley Recreation and Parks District). We encourage and welcome all to come out and have some fun!

Curious about RC racing? Come on out to the track and check it out! New racers and curious onlookers are always welcome! If you have an RC car (no matter what it is) bring it and try it out. If you don’t have a car, come out anyway and we’ll get you on the track one way or the other. You don’t need to know anything other than that you’re interested in learning! Come on up to the timing tower, tell us that you’re new, and we’ll buddy you up with someone who will show you the ropes. New members get their first race for free and additional family members can be added for a small fee. So join up and save big!

CLUB MEETINGS: We meet the 2nd Monday of each month at Round Table Pizza on the corner of Ponderosa and Arneill road in Camarillo, CA. Meetings start at 7:30p.m. sharp. We encourage everyone to come and see what’s going on with the club and future events…

Visit www.roadrunnersrc.com for more info.

Last edited by charlie_b; 09-11-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fran
Welcome to Ventura Roadrunners racing thread. We'll keep you updated on onroad, offroad and dirt oval info. As far as I know, we're one of the oldest R/C clubs in the country, and some of our members look like it I'll try and post some pictures of our club in the 80's with Pops Losi racing here with some other icons in the industry. Our onroad program is pretty strong now. We've been involved with Jimmy Babcocks onroad series, and Charlie Barnes series as well. The dirt oval group is also pretty strong now, but offroad has slowed down. Visit our website for more info (www.venturaroadrunners.com) for schedules and additional info.
Hope to see you at Freedom Park Raceway
Hey Fran nice track. But last time I was up there about mid morning I kept smelling this FUNK! Now I was down wind of a couple other racers and thought WOW But then I realized that in the feilds next to the track they were picking ONIONS !!!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

...Fran,

The SOUTHWESTTOUR Oval Series will be heading to Camarillo NEXT Month too....
Old 08-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SWTour
...Fran,

The SOUTHWESTTOUR Oval Series will be heading to Camarillo NEXT Month too....
SWEET!! I'll have to talk to Larry and see if he has a chassis I can run. I really want to try paved oval. See you then Joe!
Old 08-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by howard hudson
Hey Fran nice track. But last time I was up there about mid morning I kept smelling this FUNK! Now I was down wind of a couple other racers and thought WOW But then I realized that in the feilds next to the track they were picking ONIONS !!!!!
Hey bro, I hate to blow your bubble, but that wasn't onions.... dem odors were coming from the pump house by the sweeper
Old 08-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hey Fran...are you guys planning on having another big race there sometime in Sept. like last year ??
Old 08-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Hey bro, I hate to blow your bubble, but that wasn't onions.... dem odors were coming from the pump house by the sweeper
you sure??? i was on the other side of the track and the wind was blowing from the feilds across the track?????
Old 08-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by howard hudson
you sure??? i was on the other side of the track and the wind was blowing from the feilds across the track?????
Maybe your right. I always pit close to the pump house, so I've never smelled the onions there
Old 08-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by A.c racing
hey Fran...are you guys planning on having another big race there sometime in Sept. like last year ??
Hey Allen, we're having a "End of Summer Series" this year, instead of the "Fall Classic" that we had last year. The final details havn't been ironed out , but they will be on regular club race days (2nd & 4th Sundays of the month) with some prizes at the end. I'll post it here when it's all planned out.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

..the South-West Tour Oval Series will be at Camarillo "SATURDAY" Sept. 17th.

For more info on the "TOUR" visit www.southwesttour.com
Old 08-26-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Allen, we're having a "End of Summer Series" this year, instead of the "Fall Classic" that we had last year. The final details havn't been ironed out , but they will be on regular club race days (2nd & 4th Sundays of the month) with some prizes at the end. I'll post it here when it's all planned out.

Fran, maybe the SB guys should get out there and co sponsor this end of summer race as we did before a couple years ago?????

Mike
Old 08-26-2005, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Mikus, sounds good to me!! The more, the better. I'll have my people talk to your people See ya Sunday!!
Old 08-29-2005, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Whats up Cammarillo boys! You better "get in, where you fit in" cause Michael Jordan is out of retirement.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Default End Of Summer Race

Hey Fran and Family, what's up! Once you get the information just let me know, I will advertise HEAVY for you guys!

M8Comm; What the hell is Realbrothas.com, I'm a brotha, can I get in?

Ruby - I still have PLENTY OF POWER!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCFOYOAZZ
Hey Fran and Family, what's up! Once you get the information just let me know, I will advertise HEAVY for you guys!

M8Comm; What the hell is Realbrothas.com, I'm a brotha, can I get in?

Ruby - I still have PLENTY OF POWER!
Realbrothas.com is a ficticiuos website, but if you ever need help with anything please don't hesitate to ask me. OK

P.S. wheres my body you said you were fixing. I understand if you want to keep it. I will autograph it for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 3.87 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.