Search

BRUSHLESS 21.5 STOCK SPEC RACING @ WEST COAST RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Guys - this is awesome!!

I'm an east coast racer and we made a similar class at our track to attract some new blood. It was the best thing to happen in quite some time. We've already seen a couple people go from the 21.5 to 17.5 stock after learning driving skills and track etiquette.

I'd say good luck, but I'm sure this will be a hit.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Neccros
Cars cant run w/o a battery!!! Just find a bunch of cheap lipos and charge $30 a piece for them and you have a real spec class.... make them 20c if you want...

Im not being negative, Im just telling what a spec class is... they have been doing spec classes since the early '90s.... its nothing new!!!
Oh THAT'S what a spec class is. How come you're not calling for spec chassis, servos, bodies and gear ratios then?

Sheesh
Old 03-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Morbo
Oh THAT'S what a spec class is. How come you're not calling for spec chassis, servos, bodies and gear ratios then?

Sheesh
Because ROAR already defines the chassis is classified as as far as dimensions and weight limits. Servos doesn't affect speeds of a car. Its merely a function, like an on/off switch. Bodies are limited to sedans, 190mm typically since this is a sedan spec class.

Gears wont matter because thats part of the tuning. You can gear it crazy and fry your esc or motor, thats your choice
Old 03-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Cars cant run w/o a battery!!! Just find a bunch of cheap lipos and charge $30 a piece for them and you have a real spec class.... make them 20c if you want...

Im not being negative, Im just telling what a spec class is... they have been doing spec classes since the early '90s.... its nothing new!!!
someone drank too much HATE-R-AID this morning. you know what rocketron meant.. dont be a smart ass.

danny/rocketron... great stuff. hopefully this boosts attendance.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Spec racing has been done before?!?!...REALLY???!??!?

Just kidding man. I agree with you on what a true spec class is, but I don't think we are looking at a pure spec class here...or at least not yet. If everything is spec'ed, then most racers would probably be in for a sizeable initial investment...and likely opt out. It seems that batteries, at least in initial testing, have shown to be a component that is not too critical. So, leave that one open, for now, to allow more into the class to get it started. If racing proves to be dominated by the 50C club, then batteries can be spec'ed. It's a work in process and a little flxibility from us as racers can go a long way. Relax, let's have some fun and race!
Old 03-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hebiki
someone drank too much HATE-R-AID this morning. you know what rocketron meant.. dont be a smart ass.

danny/rocketron... great stuff. hopefully this boosts attendance.
Well they asked our opinions and im giving you what every spec class I ever seen had in it.... A limit on batteries
Old 03-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Well they asked our opinions and im giving you what every spec class I ever seen had in it.... A limit on batteries
I just don't think that batteries are the biggest worry in electric racing right now...at least in onroad. I think the bigger worry (and this is not to say that batteries are no worry at all) is the timing boost feature of the high end esc's. With a spec esc, this has now been taken care of. There'll always be some kind of "war". 36 degree stock motors (I still see hot pink motor cans in my nightmares), matched packs, pushed and matched packs...wars have been raging for years.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great idea Danny!

I love how laid back racers can be, especially when keeping things level and forcing a race to unfold purely based on driving.

Should I prepare to say "bye bye" to my Tekin in my f1 though?

I don't use boost cuz I spend enough on parts when they vaporize from my crap driving skills.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:09 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I love the idea of a class that will get neophyte onroad racers out and racing on the beautiful onroad track that WCRCR has. The reason I personally have not tried onroad racing isn't because of the speed, it's because I am just a bad onroad driver (and not so good offroad for that matter but it doesn't matter since its all fun ). In fact, although more expensive, being a bad driver with a quick car I find is more fun than being a bad driver with a slow car.

In all seriousness, I bought a used TC4 to try out onroad, but I saw how good even the sportsman 17.5 tc drivers are (even the last place driver is separated by a few seconds) and I knew it would take a while before I could hang. A class like the rookie slash or short course for onroad would be great. Slower cars where if you do some bumping, crashing, or unintentional spinning out without having racers get too upset would be good for rookie drivers. I've been looking for a class that is much more forgiving in setup and driving ability.

I love watching the mini's run, they seem to be having a blast. I want to join in on that kind of fun, but didn't want to buy a new car. Touring car racing requires another level of concentration, skill, and attention to detail which I just don't have yet, and I'm not sure if it is something for me. Hopefully we will have the same fun spirited crowd that I've seen in the mini class racing this new class. If that's the case then I will bring out my TC4 and give onroad racing a shot (just don't yell at me when I put you into the wall because I swear I didn't do it on purpose).
Old 03-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Spec class is a great idea... one question... what does this mean ?

" Novak will hand out 8 havoc 21.5 combos this Saturday March 13th. "

first 8 people to ask that morning will get it for free ?
Will there be a raffle ?
Or does it mean there are 8 havoc combos for sale at the store ?
Old 03-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
Spec class is a great idea... one question... what does this mean ?

" Novak will hand out 8 havoc 21.5 combos this Saturday March 13th. "

first 8 people to ask that morning will get it for free ?
Will there be a raffle ?
Or does it mean there are 8 havoc combos for sale at the store ?
Expect there to be a RAFFLE amongst those that will commit to run in the class here at West Coast Raceway for the "free" systems.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Should have people pay for the stuff upfront and then give them 130 dollars worth of free racing
Old 03-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I LOVE THE IDEA OF SPEC RACING!!! Danny already knows--I've bought a Cyclone S car to run in the Truespec series that it outside on road racing. I'D LOVE to be able to get one of Novak's "hand out systems" and run the onroad Cyclone at Westcoast!!! Leave it up to the drivers and tuners then--not the ultimate horsepower--and keep the CO$T$ down!!! Stop whining about batteries and dust off your old car and come race with us!!!
T
Old 03-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Company Representative

All of us, here at TeamNovak want to thank Danny for starting this Novak Havoc / 21.5 Spec Racing series at his fantastic track. It is crucial for the R/C industry to establish entry-level, cost-controlled events to encourage beginners to get involved in this exciting hobby.

This is a series that offers new racers the opportunity to get involved in racing and develop driving skills before confronting the increasing complexity of modern BL technology. "Oldtimers" can join in, too, and experience the excitement of competition based on skill, not budget.

We are here to help and support these new racers.

Originally Posted by DannyS
Racers, as many of you have voiced your concerns of the speed and cost of onroad racing. Team Novak and West Coast have teamed up and found a solution to make sure new racers, along with those who do not want to spend an arm and a leg on upgrading their elctronics just to be competative have a class to have fun in. Novak has decided to donate 8, havoc 21.5 combo to help jump start the new stock spec racing class at West Coast Raceway. Novak will hand out 8 havoc 21.5 combos this Saturday March 13th. We will offer this class every raceday along with a new series starting in about a month.

It's 2010, brushed racing is a thing of the past, upgrade your system to a brushless speedo/motor combo. We will offer this combo for 130.00 exclusivly at West Coast until 3.31.10.

Onroad racing is at a decline, we're hoping that slowing the hobby down will generate new racers who just want to have fun and don't want to invest their life saving on new electronics that will be outdated it 2 months.

The reason we chose this class is to slow the pace down, make it affordable, and make onroad fun again! You can run a tc3 and still be as competative as a T3. That's awesome.

Classe Rules: Novak Havoc 21.5 Brushless Class Sedan

1.Only the novak havoc speedo & motor is allowed.

2. Solaris Premount tires

3. Any body allowed

4. Any Car allowed

Please let us know if your thoughts on this class. We will start the Novak spec class Saturday, March 20th only @ West Coast Raceway.

We will offer this class in F1 and Mini soon as well.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can I interrupt for a second ? I'm bringing out my Cup Racer for a second class to run . If any body is interested, hope you mini fans get this message on time.See you at the track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.