BRUSHLESS 21.5 STOCK SPEC RACING @ WEST COAST RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 09:00 PM
KDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmig
Hurrah for Novak and WCRC for trying to come up with a simple class of racing to attract MORE CUSTOMERS!!! It's AWSOME and they should be supported in any way possible.

We're VERY LUCKY right now in SoCal having new tracks and series starting up in support of both on-road and off-road. WCRC---OCRC--the TQ In Chino--Charlie Barnes' series in HB --Corona and San Gabriel with Speedtech!! The Tamiya facility in Aliso Niguel---it's a great time to help support on-road---so

THANK YOU NOVAK and WCRC and all the people involved in growing the hobby!! I'm IN!!! I just want to have fun and RACE!!!
T
You forgot one....My favorite.

Roadrunners RC Club. We have been around before some of you were even born, 1974.....and still running strong. We are the oldest RC Club in the Nation, and we will be around for the next 36 years!!!!!!

Now lets race!!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KDR

Roadrunners RC Club. We have been around before some of you were even born, 1974.....and still running strong. We are the oldest RC Club in the Nation, and we will be around for the next 36 years!!!!!!

Now lets race!!

HEY--- I LOVE YOU GUYS up there--and I remember coming up to race Tony Neisinger in 1/12 scale circa 1979-- but Camarillo- is really not in SoCal--- I put you up there in Central Calif. BUT---not that I wouldn't LOVE to drive up and run with ya again sometime!! I know--you guys do a great job--I'll have to make it there with my F-1 cars especiallY!!!
COOL
T
Old 03-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just a thought, and I am sure i will get jumped on for this. But wouldn't the easiest way to curb the advantage of the Tekin speed control is to change the layout of the track?
Old 03-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ICrashed
Just a thought, and I am sure i will get jumped on for this. But wouldn't the easiest way to curb the advantage of the Tekin speed control is to change the layout of the track?

That's assuming the guys with the Tekin won't adjust the the new layout? the tekin is a lot faster in both punch out of the corner and straight away...

This class gives people a chance to race in a class that won't be changing technology for a long time.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

has this class started yet?
Old 03-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I've said this many times myself but its doubtful that would ever happen. Take away all the straights and make it a very tight track and the Tekin will have no advantage at all. However, like I said before, racers don't like that because its not fast.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I've said this many times myself but its doubtful that would ever happen. Take away all the straights and make it a very tight track and the Tekin will have no advantage at all. However, like I said before, racers don't like that because its not fast.
There's still a difference, it just isn't as noticeable without a long straight. As long as there's enough traction you can gear super low with the Tekin stuff and have crazy rip without sacrificing what top speed you do need on such a layout.

But that's neither here nor there as far as this thread is concerned.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey Joshua, good to see you posting. Hey Roger, just do as I me and heed to the wise. The Tekin is just wwwaaayyyy more powerful than anything else out there and guys buy it for a reason. We can now start settleling differances on the track.

Originally Posted by KDR

Now lets race!!
Steve, I now know why some there drive like the oldest guys in the nation! Sorry, I just had too!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
.... Hey Roger, just do as I me and heed to the wise. The Tekin is just wwwaaayyyy more powerful than anything else out there and guys buy it for a reason. We can now start settleling differances on the track.
Paco's getting a Tekin!

BTW for anyone looking for a cheap XRay roller to run this new Novak class, I can make you a special WCRC package deal.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...s-xray-t2.html
Take a look and send me a PM if you're interested.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stitchy
has this class started yet?
Didn't see hyde nor "hare" of them on Tuesday (3/23).
Old 06-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Gearing help!!!

Hello All,

what is good set up for spur/pinion for T3?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

21.5 Racing tonight at West Coast.