Wiki Posts
Search

BRUSHLESS 21.5 STOCK SPEC RACING @ WEST COAST RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks to Novak and WestCoast for being pro active is supporting onroad!

I also like the fact that they are using common sense in not going spec crazy and only limiting things to things that matter the most Motor wind, Speed control, and tires.... IMO adding anything else to the spec rule would mean people would have to purchase more things that they already have to begin with... Most racers already have batteries ,chassis w/parts, and bodies so removing that from the equation should make this a true budget friendly class that is practical to get into.... I know some spec classes that require esc, motors, chassis, tires, bodies,etc, etc....... which seems to defeat the purpose of budget when you add up the expense of start up! I like the fact that it does not deviate from the nature of sedan too much making the transition to the other established sedan classes a natural progression... Even the spec tire TOP is the choice for most other races so those can be used at a lot of different events!

I also like the Idea someone posted to have the guys prepay $130 worth of entry fees for the free speed contro. This will help make sure this class has at minimum 8 racers = 1 full heat per week.

Sorry for the long post!
Old 03-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Picked up another "Cyclone S" to run this new spec class with!! I'll have TWO spec cars as my first entries back into RC 1/10 scale racing along with my F-1's!! Cyclone's are a great way to get into onroad--only $129.00 for a COMPLETE kit with body--that handles great right out of the box!! How do I know??? I built one two weeks ago and it's an easy build--and even set up like they say on the kit sheet---it handles really well.
So bring out your old car--or get a new one---come race with us in the NOVAK SPEC SERIES!!!
Tim
Old 03-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DannyS
Classe Rules: Novak Havoc 21.5 Brushless Class Sedan

1.Only the novak havoc speedo & motor is allowed.

2. Solaris Premount tires

3. Any body allowed

4. Any Car allowed

Sounds like a good idea Danny.

So I currently own a few non-timing advance b/l esc, and a 21.5 motor. But to race this class I still need to come off of an additional $130 for the allowed brand specific esc/motor combo?
Old 03-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

That's right---it's called the "Novak " series--- so if you want to play--you need to have the ONLY spec'd items necessary---Havoc--NOVAK 21.5 and tires. Simple, If you don't want to run the class--there's already lot's of others for you to run with whatever esc you have.
I will never understand the complainers when someone sets up a "Spec" race series. There's LOT'S of other class's to run---Only ONE spec class. Run something else---or meet the spec rules to run the class. Either way---have FUN with what you RUN!!
Simple isn't it??
Old 03-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

looking forward to this class... I can really see it evolving into the pro's running 13.5 with Tekin level ESC's... and everyone else running this class... The world will then be as it should , the big boys pushing the envelop of what these cars can do with Ferrari budgets ... and the rest of us racing evenly matched machines with an emphasis on driving and a realistic budget
Old 03-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Great idea, I too have a Cyclone S lonely in the stack of once used vehicles somewhere in my garage. Can't wait to break it out again. Maybe I can stop playing around with gearing and timing and actually drive and tune again ......
Old 03-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Company Representative

How did the Novak Havoc 2S/21.5 SS Pro system handout/raffle go?
Old 03-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

i was there from 10am - 5pm and didn't hear one mention of it.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
I believe there going to have the drawing on Tuesday now... The first scheduled race is March 20th...
I have a spare chassis sitting and waiting...
Old 03-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Bob(novak), and Westcoast(danny)

I just wanted to tell you guys I think this is a great idea and to raffle off some systems is a great way to get this class going.

Bob , Now that we have a great indoor track you think we could have a Novak race someday ? Stay Local
Old 03-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmig
That's right---it's called the "Novak " series--- so if you want to play--you need to have the ONLY spec'd items necessary---Havoc--NOVAK 21.5 and tires. Simple, If you don't want to run the class--there's already lot's of others for you to run with whatever esc you have.
I will never understand the complainers when someone sets up a "Spec" race series. There's LOT'S of other class's to run---Only ONE spec class. Run something else---or meet the spec rules to run the class. Either way---have FUN with what you RUN!!
Simple isn't it??
Thanks for your opinion timmig, but I was asking Danny S.

Although my question seems so simple to you let me explain my concern, not complaint, further.

I understood the goal was to provide a less expensive class to get new, less experienced or less skilled drivers on the track inexpensively. Well with that in mind, I have a buddy who is interested in racing, but is tight on funds. I have an extra T2007 sedan, an "obsolete" Novak GTB esc, and a Tekin 21.5 motor Since your return to r/c you have acquired a lot of various cars. Spend your money however you see fit, but others who also want to participate may not be as fortunate as you. Is the picture becoming more simple?

I suspect there are a lot of older touring cars and even more older non-timing advancing speed controls out there. So timmig, why not let such slower/older/cheaper equipment be used?

Have FUN with what you RUN!!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

" Is the picture becoming more simple?"

The simplest thing of all --- SPEC ESC's--tires and motor. Nothing else needs to be added---BUT--where do you draw the line on exceptions? I've already got a motor--I"ve already got tires--I've already got an ESC---why do I need a new one?

You're right---I've been very fortunate!! I'd be happy to help anyone get started too!! And I'm sure some time in the future---a "Spec" class could be created for all of the old stuff around out there. But this one has been sponsored by a manufacturer---that should mean something for the manufacturer---otherwise--why do it? Tamiya does a similar thing---you can run on their track nearly every Saturday--all they ask--is you use their cars!!

IF you really need BUDGET racing----and I'M ALL FOR THAT---run the ABC TrueSpec series-- you can't get any more low budget than that---and it's a LOT of fun. AND---there are a LOT of class's for your friend to run in--- if he can't afford a NEW class--that's okay--- CHarlie's got LOT'S of class's to run in--he'll find one for your friend to fit in!!
FWIW
Tim

Last edited by timmig; 03-14-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default JUST TO MAKE SURE....

GREAT CLASS to run in. It should make for some close racing.

Would there be an issue with running a NOVAK GTB and NOVAK 21.5? I understand SPEC would be the HAVOK, however would runnng ALL NOVAK stuff (that is already owned) propose a problem?

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

+1
i aso have a GTB sitting around & would like to run this class.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

lemme preface by saying I would love GTBs to be allowed as I have one of these "antiquated" ESCs.

As attractive and cost saving for some of us that would be, it defeats the purpose of "spec." If it is discovered that GTBs have an advantage over the Havocs, what do you think would happen? The same goes for motors. The "spec" goes out the window.

my two pennies

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.