TQ RC RACING in Chino, California >

TQ RC RACING in Chino, California

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree348Likes

TQ RC RACING in Chino, California

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

@mupchu

He has really good points. I am one of those. Just getting back into TC after a long break and even before was only club racing a handful of times at WCRC. I want to race the winter series but I won't if there are not enough rookies to make a class. While it is just a club race, folks get pretty bent out of shape if a weak driver makes a mistake and gets in the way. It happens. I am just not that good to always stay in my line, that's what makes me a rookie. I wouldn't run in a class when folks are over a second a lap faster.

I think there is a need in all RC that the owner or track coordinator force guys to move up. Same thing happens in off road. Everyone wants to win so they stay in a class WAY too long and don't move up. It does turn away folks that may want to get into racing and then they just turn into practice hobbyists and never experience racing.

Enough said. I hope I can get in enough practice before the winter series and feel comfortable enough to race.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:05 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Universal truth - the fastest guy any given day in a Sportsman class could have run expert....

Do that for a few months and there won't be anyonefr running Sportsman
Old 09-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

I'm with Dave on this one. If you feel you are slow hen practice and get faster. If your a speed bump put in the time to not be one. TQ is open several days for everyone to get there practice on. Splitting the class won't help.... the fast will still be fast and the slow will still be slow but they will just be in 2 different classes. As a racer you should always be trying to get the Carrot. If that is Berger, Edgar, Jeric, or Schuur then gun for them... If you feel you are a speed bump then hold your line do your best. Remember that it is up to them to get around you not for you to pull over. Also remember that Help exist. Talk to the fast guys and see what it is they are doing and learn from them. They won't bite most willingly offer help.
1/12 is growing and splitting it will be its demise.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rugspin
I'm with Dave on this one. If you feel you are slow hen practice and get faster. If your a speed bump put in the time to not be one. TQ is open several days for everyone to get there practice on.
Not speaking for any one particular class (1/12 or TC) but this is the problem. Would love to take your advise but many of us have a multitude or other responsibilities to juggle and RC is just one of them so we are getting to the track once a week. With your statement I would never race, and may not because that's how lots of people think "you should just practice more and get better so you can join our class". I feel if you had some defined classes and someone was forcing folks to be in the correct class then you would actually have MORE people wanting to race not less.

Only my $.02. See you all at TQ once a week if my wife, kids and job don't get in the way.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm pretty sure we are going to have a good group of people for a novice class for the winter series.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gomnadz
I'm pretty sure we are going to have a good group of people for a novice class for the winter series.
Glad to hear it
Old 09-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"
Michael Jordan.

This is how i feel about class spitting topic. I wanna run with the best as it will elevate my skills(i hope). I may get lapped a lot at the beginning but I'm sure with enough time, i will get lapped less.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Not speaking for any one particular class (1/12 or TC) but this is the problem. Would love to take your advise but many of us have a multitude or other responsibilities to juggle and RC is just one of them so we are getting to the track once a week. With your statement I would never race, and may not because that's how lots of people think "you should just practice more and get better so you can join our class". I feel if you had some defined classes and someone was forcing folks to be in the correct class then you would actually have MORE people wanting to race not less.

Only my $.02. See you all at TQ once a week if my wife, kids and job don't get in the way.
+1

I think I'll just stick to TC where I am a bit more comfortable.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Frank, stay off my computer

Last edited by spring71; 09-26-2014 at 12:37 PM. Reason: delete....
Old 09-26-2014, 01:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by spring71
Frank, stay off my computer
Sorry Sean...
Note to self, log on to own user ID!
Old 09-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by trigger
This is how i feel about class spitting topic. I wanna run with the best as it will elevate my skills(i hope). I may get lapped a lot at the beginning but I'm sure with enough time, i will get lapped less.
No worries... 13.5 isn't getting split!
Old 09-26-2014, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

This is perfect.............................
Attached Thumbnails TQ RC RACING in Chino, California-images%5B2%5D.jpg  
Old 09-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sean Williams
This is perfect.............................
Touche'
Old 09-26-2014, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Thanks for all the inputs.

I'll keep the same 1/12 rule as summer series, to make it simple.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/race/race_...asp?race_no=28

I personally like the big class, A,B,C... mains, just tried to make a change for the racers. I'm pretty sure we will have big 1/12 crowds this winter.

Anyone planing to race 1/10 FWD class ? I heard there are 8+ people want to race 1/10 FWD class. If we have enough, I will make the class.

All the raffle prizes are arrived from our sponsors, and trophies are ready for the winners.

Come on out and race the Summer Series FINAL

See you guys all at TQ
Old 09-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Tech Champion

Don't split, just sort.

1 round of qualifying then resort,
assuming there are racers signed up that the race director is unfamiliar with.

If it's a regular race crowd the race director should be able to set up heats according to skill level even before the first round, no?

Get racing and end up where you belong.

If there are 4 or 5 rookies or more, give em their race.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.