Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali! >

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by beedee
are there any big events going on this weekend? i wanted to come out and run some packs on sunday morning.

is "controlled practice" going to be a regular thing? or only when its really hectic?
This weekend is like any normal weekend @ West Coast.

There are no large events going on @ West Coast.

Here is our weekend schedule:

Friday: Doors open at 1pm Offroad Racing at 7:30pm, Onroad Practice all day.
Saturday: Doors open at 10am, Onroad Racing at 2pm, Offroad Racing at 6pm.
(Don't forget, you can practice on the offroad track while onroad racing is going on and oposite.)
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday: Doors open at 10am, Offroad Racing at 3pm, Onroad practice all day.

Hope this help, and we will start providing more and more controlled practice on practice day but never on a race day.

Also, we are going to justify the controlled practice by how many 10th scale racers are there VS Short Course.

Thank guys and we'll see you all soon.

Have a great weekend.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Any info yet on the next series?can't wait to see the new lAyouts!!!supercross style
Old 08-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

We will be making an announcement on the Series OPENER in just a BIT...
Old 08-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thanks notch,be pretty sweet for the supercross opener they build one to scale with some tweaks for the rc world or build one motocross style
Old 08-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by z50king
do we really want 20 minutes of straight practice? Or do we want 2 10 minute sessions of practice per hour?
you're probably gonna want the 20 min. session cuz the stand can max out at 15 I think it was then they get booted off after 10 min. and the next group goes up for 10.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DannyS
Also, we are going to justify the controlled practice by how many 10th scale racers are there VS Short Course.
hey oh
Old 08-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Going today to check out the facility for the first time....the place looks nice on the web site
Old 08-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Ran there for the first time Wed night and had a great time. The format is good and the program ran smooth. Thanks for a good time.

There were a lot of short course trucks out there and while I was swapping paint with them I couldn't help thinking how this class has helped bring 1/0 scale racing back from the brink locally. Out of 10 heats of racing 5 were pure short course and the 2 beginners class had one non SC vehicle in them. There were over 55 SC vehicles to only 17 1/10 scale buggies and 4wd. How to control that practice? Other nights may have a different mix. Either way I am glad we have places to race.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JamesnMeyer
Ran there for the first time Wed night and had a great time. The format is good and the program ran smooth. Thanks for a good time.

There were a lot of short course trucks out there and while I was swapping paint with them I couldn't help thinking how this class has helped bring 1/0 scale racing back from the brink locally. Out of 10 heats of racing 5 were pure short course and the 2 beginners class had one non SC vehicle in them. There were over 55 SC vehicles to only 17 1/10 scale buggies and 4wd. How to control that practice? Other nights may have a different mix. Either way I am glad we have places to race.
Hey James, you understand and you understand that we would not have these great facilities in social if it wasn't for short course racing.

I can see the point of 8th scale VS 10th scale but the racers complaining about short course on the track do not see the big picture.

Also, while a small portion of the SC racers might be out of control they will not do much damage to your vehicle. I see guys frustrated in practice and crying but they have to stop being agree and start having a great time.

I don't care what track from Thunder Alley to OCRC none of these tracks would be here if SC wasn't around.

Understand and please don't bash on these guys as we all started racing at some point and none of us were really that good.

Have a great weekend and see you all soon.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

What is with all the anti short course rhetoric. I understand that there it's a difference is size with full bodies and weight. I must say that I have been hacked by 1/10 buggies too when I practice. I've been bumped mid air, put into the pipes and wall by a buggy trying to get inside me. I don't like to only hear about how only sc's hack here and there. So it goes both ways. Just so happens my short course can take the hit.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Hey James, you understand and you understand that we would not have these great facilities in social if it wasn't for short course racing.

I can see the point of 8th scale VS 10th scale but the racers complaining about short course on the track do not see the big picture.

Also, while a small portion of the SC racers might be out of control they will not do much damage to your vehicle. I see guys frustrated in practice and crying but they have to stop being agree and start having a great time.

I don't care what track from Thunder Alley to OCRC none of these tracks would be here if SC wasn't around.

Understand and please don't bash on these guys as we all started racing at some point and none of us were really that good.

THANK YOU DANNY!! Finally a voice of reality of what SC has done for the hobby as a whole. Hacking is in every class, open wheel and SC, it happens. Banning 1/8th scale was right for safety concerns not car safety, but human safety. at least I thought so. BTW losi 8E for sale, cheap.

Grumpy
Old 08-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Perfectly said, Danny. If it wasn't for SC, this hobby would still be on life support.

Originally Posted by jamr1130
What is with all the anti short course rhetoric. I understand that there it's a difference is size with full bodies and weight. I must say that I have been hacked by 1/10 buggies too when I practice. I've been bumped mid air, put into the pipes and wall by a buggy trying to get inside me. I don't like to only hear about how only sc's hack here and there. So it goes both ways. Just so happens my short course can take the hit.
I hear SCT bashing everyday. I'm so tired of it. The door swings both ways.

Originally Posted by mynameis grumpy
THANK YOU DANNY!! Finally a voice of reality of what SC has done for the hobby as a whole. Hacking is in every class, open wheel and SC, it happens. Banning 1/8th scale was right for safety concerns not car safety, but human safety. at least I thought so. BTW losi 8E for sale, cheap.

Grumpy
+1

B.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

today I finally got to drive the new layout. boy, what a blast! time flies when you are having fun, we ran from 10am-4pm.

my buddy and I even turn marshalled a couple of the road racing heats. although no one ended up on their lid in either heats we marshalled, lol.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beedee
today I finally got to drive the new layout. boy, what a blast! time flies when you are having fun, we ran from 10am-4pm.

my buddy and I even turn marshalled a couple of the road racing heats. although no one ended up on their lid in either heats we marshalled, lol.
I flipped over once And I believe that I'm speaking for the other 4 racers and we greatly appreciate you guys being there just in case
Old 08-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This place is awesome time to buy a sc truck.....everyone is helpful and laid back the staff is top notch....looks like I might be done with nitro for a long time

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.