Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali! >

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

yes...the SCB buggies are a blast. If we have 4 of them for racing, they will have their own class, if not we will find a spot for you to race..

We have them for sale in the hobby shop as well... and remember when you buy a kit from West Coast, you receive a free race entry or practice as a bonus.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:14 PM
TDR
Tech Regular

Default scb

Originally Posted by lbckevin
yes...the SCB buggies are a blast. If we have 4 of them for racing, they will have their own class, if not we will find a spot for you to race..

We have them for sale in the hobby shop as well... and remember when you buy a kit from West Coast, you receive a free race entry or practice as a bonus.
I bought my scb from westcoast and it is one of the most fun rc i have.They cut trought air like a knife.Everybody buy a scb they are so fun.U get a free race too! Now that is nice.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

For all you WC guys that have SCB's. We have a class going for the next two rounds of the JBRL. We will be running 17.5 NT rules but you can change what ever you want on the cars. (TLR upgrade or what ever). It is open to Ultima DB's as well. We have a full heat minimum and hoping to get two full heats. Jimmy will keep track of points for the last two rounds but no payout as this is a test run. If interest is good it may be added to next years classes. If you have one bring it down next weekend and lets show everyone else how cool these things are!

(it will be a fill in clas on the sign up sheets but we have confirmed enough cars to guarentee the class!)

www.jimmybabock.com for schedule.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Once you drive one of them, you will not stop.
that is what I was thinking. I have seen some people drive them sooo smooth at west coast. Also I have driven my short course truck without the body while i was testing it for use with the gopro onboard and it just drives so well without that body...

thinking of selling/trading my ft b4 and getting a buggy whatever it's called. anyone want to trade? my b4 has losi shocks on it and stock if you want them
Old 09-10-2011, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

It was another great night at WC! We had 8 heats of ACTION PACKED FUN!!!
We had racers from Pegasus, 714 raceway and LRH join us this evening. We also celebrated Scott Howards 38th BIRTHDAY and Venica prepare cupcakes for all. PROPs go out to NOLAN ANDERSON for laying it down in MOD BUGGY. Danny also looks real SOLID in his TLR SCTE as the ICON guys are doing some major stress testing with the Team Icon 550 4.0 motor that came off at 160 degrees.
This weekend we will conduct our normal Race Programs:
SATURDAY: 2:00pm ONROAD 6:00pm OFFROAD
SUNDAY: 3:00pm OFFROAD and FREE BBQ
Old 09-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

They are a riot...so much fun to run. We are running them as a NT 17.5 class for the last two rounds of JBRL...and trying to get classes go at places they are not yet. Once you drive one of them, you will not stop.
dun...get me a loaner vehicle for JBRL??
Old 09-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DannyS
Grow a set and run modified 2wd buggy. Short course is fun but mod buggy is a lot less hacking as it's open wheel.

If side by side action and bumping would not be allowed in SC the class wouldnt exist. Heck, I think the SC racing at WC is really clean.

If you want clean racing, step up and race mod buggy with us.

If not then you know!
the 22 is coming out to play. Just need to get this JBRL season done with and then i can focus on the buggy more.

racing at WC is clean most of the time because notch actually calls traffic really well. other tracks dont do that and lappers are a pain in the ass most of the time.

ill see you guys in a couple weeks.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Matt... We can't wait to have you back over to the track... good luck with the rest of the SERIES
Old 09-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pimpin
Thanks for the fun racing last night Matt. It kind of show cased the speed difference...it took a timed sct to keep up with a NT SCB. And I was smiling the whole time.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Default BBQ

Hey guys, West Coast Raceway is going to host a FREE BBQ for all the racers in attendance.

Week 1 of the NFL is here. We will have most games on all day long.

We'll have:

Coney Island Dogs

Polish Sausage

Spicy Italian Sausage

Come on out and enjoy some racing with some great food.

Also, there will be a moment of silence before racing starts to all of those that lost their lives on 9/11/01.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

We need some red, white and blue WCRC shirts for the tribute. Get em printed up
Old 09-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Had a good time last night,I blew it in heat 1 of shortcourse but still fun,main well......didn't finish,watching those buggies last night was good,making me want one Again.awesome program as usual
Old 09-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

They are a riot...so much fun to run. We are running them as a NT 17.5 class for the last two rounds of JBRL...and trying to get classes go at places they are not yet. Once you drive one of them, you will not stop.
Yep

Originally Posted by lbckevin

Thanks Kevin, I jumped right in

Originally Posted by TDR
I bought my scb from westcoast and it is one of the most fun rc i have.They cut trought air like a knife.Everybody buy a scb they are so fun.U get a free race too! Now that is nice.
Done deal

Originally Posted by Pimpin
Buy one and you won't be sorry.

Got mine from them today, everything said in the above quotes is true.
Total fun, ran it in RTR mode today.
Probably goin back again tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

What are some good brushless motor options for my TLR22 to run at WestCoast RC and OCRC??

I'm using a Tekin RS.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Icon 17.5,run it boosted or blinky,Danny and Ron will take care of you and go above and beyond to make sure it's up to par.thanks again Ron for the cap last night

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.