Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali! >

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
Well you can't MAKE anyone run mod, it's there choice. And I think it's hilarious that instead of running with the faster guys in nt and try to be better racers, people hide in a different class. I grew up in the age of brushed motors, where you had novice, stock, and mod. If you didn't win in stock, you sucked it up and tried harder next week. Non of the guys that are winning nt are experts, they're just fast sportsman.
I hear yah and that is why I lose EVERY weekend. I get beat EVERY weekend but have a blast racing the cars, motor, timing etc that I like. Great to follow a really fast guy for a turn, then the next week 2 turns and so on. Those are my wins. Also I think it would be boring winning every weekend but that is just me. It seems to be the same guys every week winning. I guess maybe that is because I have never won or even been top 3. It would be like me going racing in the beginner class.

BTW some of the NT guys are definitely experts. Check out some of their times.

Oh well I guess I am done discussing as this class conversation could go on for pages. It has and will be the age old argument and all have an opinion.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I hear yah and that is why I lose EVERY weekend. I get beat EVERY weekend but have a blast racing the cars, motor, timing etc that I like. Great to follow a really fast guy for a turn, then the next week 2 turns and so on. Those are my wins. Also I think it would be boring winning every weekend but that is just me. It seems to be the same guys every week winning. I guess maybe that is because I have never won or even been top 3. It would be like me going racing in the beginner class.

BTW some of the NT guys are definitely experts. Check out some of their times.

Oh well I guess I am done discussing as this class conversation could go on for pages. It has and will be the age old argument and all have an opinion.
first things first,the reason why the same guys win each week is because there at the track 3 times a week.If you put him together with guys like me which i get to run every couple of weeks(distant to drive to track,two small kids")makes it hard for me to get out as much as i like.Im maybe a 5-6 place finisher right now,not bad considering the lack of track time but i dont get pissed,i take this like i raced moto,i would rather run with faster guys because i can learn from them and that will make me a better rider/driver.you can learn how they enter and exit corners and see where they really make alot of time up on the track.for example stock truck,the top two guys jason and matt(sorry to use you as a example)are really fast and every week all you wanna do is try and run with them,and when you do that makes you feel like your learning how to drive mistake free and thats what it takes to win nt class,you make one mistake and your done.Anyone can win but its the person that drives mistake free who lands on top of the box!I say just leave it as it is and not make so many classes and dilute the classes.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Holy crap. Didn't know there was this much drama in electric racing. In nitro, we're basically seperated by lap times as it's assumed the better racer you are, the better you're able to get a good tune on an engine. In other words, a 'Beginner' class often has $500 OS speeds and $150 Dynamite motors in the same race.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Default 30.0

Skill Level is ranked by the amount of laps accumulated during the five minute span. However, in a club race format there is always an option to try a level higher then the one you actually belong in. I am happy to see that guys like John Ross and Charlie Dunn push themselves to the "next level" a ton of our racers have stepped up the skill level and ambition to be better racers and mechanics. But the main issue is when you have guys that can bankroll an rc offroad Lambo but can't handle the power. If you guys want to learn how to be a better driver show up on Monday when the Worlds BEST like Cody King (current world champ) Ryan Cavaleri (Multiple Titles and current national champ) & Jarod Tebo (gods gift to RC) get ready for FINLAND.

Oh yeah two last things...
THANKS to the RACERS another AWESOME week of RACING!!!
AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DANNY Stojakovic!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by notch johnson
Skill Level is ranked by the amount of laps accumulated during the five minute span. However, in a club race format there is always an option to try a level higher then the one you actually belong in. I am happy to see that guys like John Ross and Charlie Dunn push themselves to the "next level" a ton of our racers have stepped up the skill level and ambition to be better racers and mechanics. But the main issue is when you have guys that can bankroll an rc offroad Lambo but can't handle the power. If you guys want to learn how to be a better driver show up on Monday when the Worlds BEST like Cody King (current world champ) Ryan Cavaleri (Multiple Titles and current national champ) & Jarod Tebo (gods gift to RC) get ready for FINLAND.

Saturday was fun minus some BS going down but I'm not suprised one bit. All and all results were good had a crazy fun clean battle in SS buggy with Shawn Paro. Love the clean racing and respect the top guys in SS buggy have for eachother. Which is easy to do when its only 5 people. I just hope it carries over to whatever class I end up running in the future. Whatever class ends up being the one to race I'll be stoked to just be at the track and hopefully be racing clean.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:27 AM
TDR
Tech Regular

Default happy b day

Happy b day danny!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:43 AM
TDR
Tech Regular

Default ita all for funn!

Originally Posted by notch johnson

Well i personal think all the diffrent classes are good. My brother and i decided to move out of begginners class to be with fast racers. Now i can follow or even try to hold off fast racers like jason diaz. Now that is how u get your drivin skill levels up. I just dont understand how u got begginers running in the class for so long that are not truly begginers. There shound be a true begginners class for kids and new new bees, and make a novice class for those fast begginers that feel so good for beating kids in a race. Sorry if i pissed anyone off but keep it reel! big dunn
Old 07-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TDR
Well i personal think all the diffrent classes are good. My brother and i decided to move out of begginners class to be with fast racers. Now i can follow or even try to hold off fast racers like jason diaz. Now that is how u get your drivin skill levels up. I just dont understand how u got begginers running in the class for so long that are not truly begginers. There shound be a true begginners class for kids and new new bees, and make a novice class for those fast begginers that feel so good for beating kids in a race. Sorry if i pissed anyone off but keep it reel! big dunn
+1
Old 07-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Anyone else notice driver stand etiquette?the one guy hacking and getting lapped is the one bitching and crying on the stand?its a big distraction when your trying to concentrate on driving.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Default New Sections

Hey guys, we added a new option section to the current layout and rebuilt some other areas.

Thank you to Mike "bald polar bear", Pat Grossaint, Josh P, Hector, and Josh G for staying late and working on the track.

There is a option to go wide instead of the S section before the step up step off.

See you all soon.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxracer458
Anyone else notice driver stand etiquette?the one guy hacking and getting lapped is the one bitching and crying on the stand?its a big distraction when your trying to concentrate on driving.
+1

I like how in mod buggy there was a guy who I let go by and then he crashes, so then I go and pass him and then he hacks me to the other side and so I wait until he goes and then I go right after him and then HE screams at ME to wait because IIIII cut the track when it was him(in last) that crashed me. Definitely more driver etiquette needed.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down

I felt compelled to register and post to this thread after my experience with Westcoast Raceway...

Where do I begin?

I went to Westcoast Raceway late on Saturday with my son, we went to watch some of the racing as he's just started racing RC but we've been going to another venue called OCRC. We wanted to check out Westcoast since we heard there was a series going on and we wanted to see what they were about since we had never gone.

Walking into the venue I see there is a kids area completely unsupervised right next to the entrance door which goes right out to the main street where cars are flying by. This already brought up red flags, I don't allow my kid to run around unsupervised anyway but if people do there I don't know how west coast isn't asking for a lawsuit let alone the possibility of some child getting kidnapped or seriously hurt due to no supervision.

We finally made it into the racetrack area after looking in their hobby shop for a short while and not even being greeted or asked if we needed help, I guess they didn't want our business since we were in fact looking at purchasing another short course truck.

The track looks well maintained and it was cool to see a nice onroad track if only I could say that the facilities were maintained like both of their tracks. I went in to use one of the restrooms which was completely plugged up and almost overflowing so I went to use the other with my son and the toilet was broken at the base and almost falling over? We found that there was a cleaner restroom around the corner to use through the main hobby shop from one of the racers.

Once all those great first impressions were over and done with we were ready to watch some racing. We had got there fairly late at night but we got to watch the later half mains. I'm glad we stayed till the very end and went to check out Westcoast Raceway and glad I will never be going back there ever again with my son and will be sure to let everyone know what kind of place this is. It should be called Westcoast "Thug Life" Raceway.

Never have I seen this type of sportsmanship while racing ever, and when I say that I mean the lack thereof.

It was the last race of the night a mix of buggy and truck? We watched the race with a good battle up front which kept us there till the end of the race. I'm glad there was a battle because we would've missed the most piss poor attitude of one of the "racers"

This older guy on the stand, looked to be twins of another one of the racers in that class (these guys looked like pot heads from the 60s mind you) got into the face of a defensless kid on the drivers stand as the group started to leave the stand. The older guy was yelling about something at the kid who as he turned the older guy suckerpunched the kid. One of the other racers actually got into the middle of them and stopped the older, for now lack of a better term, douche from laying another hand on the kid.

I stood there in disbelief!!!!! I'm thinking that could've been my son! It only just started though! The nerve of the guy that hit the kid storms over from the pits to start yelling at a huge group of people that was at this point getting between that guy and the kid protecting the kid!!!!

Where the hell is the owner at this place? How was that guy not immediately held down and the police called for assaulting a minor???

I hope to God that the guy that hit that defenseless kid is never allowed back into that venue not for only the fact that he struck an individual and a minor but for the fact that he'll do it again and what then? If I was the kids father or mother or was the OWNER! I would've had the cops there in that instant and slapped down a nice lawsuit.

Quote from my son as we were leaving;

"Dad, I never want to go back to that place again it was ghetto how does a place like that stay in business"

My Response;

"They Don't"

Concerned Citizen and Father
Don't let your kid be the next victim
Old 07-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

That is the first time that anything near thst extreme that has ever happened since I've been going there. I didnt go on Saturday, but if a guy actually punched a kid I'm sure that he will never be allowed there again. Danny, the owner, owns and maintains one of the cleanest and nicest RC facilities in OC. Since you brought up OCRC, not dissing them, but the first out of 2 times that I went I had the worst experience ever. So by a long shot.. WCRCR > OCRC. Like I said before, West Coast is one of the cleanest and nicest facilities, probably in CA.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Not the Norm

This is not the norm, and one screwball can go nuts at any track.

This is the only track I've ever seen that has 2 bathrooms, most tracks have port a potties.

That kids area is one of the best things about this track, Parents should be responsible for there kids. It's great that the wife and kid have somewhere to go to take a break from all the Dirt.

When there running a big series it can be very busy, if you went on a club night I'm sure you'd have a different experience.

Good luck
Old 07-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Rookie

As much as everyone is posting that this is not the norm, reading roughly 5 posts back people are complaining about drivers etiquette and yelling on their stands. This just furthers the disapproval for myself to partake at this venue. I do not need my 9 year old getting yelled at by someone for "being in the way"

I'd like to hear from someone at Westcoast Raceway as to what was done as a repercussion to this incident. Anything less than that person being banned from their shop, their track and refusing business to them would be an injustice to the kid that was hit in the face, shoved and intimidated by an "adult" let alone shows where that company stands for it's participants and the owners as a business.

Last edited by gookin; 07-11-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: edited for spelling correction

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.