Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali! >

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

fun night of racing, first time there and it is great. will have to go back for more.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Good times with my first official race over at West Coast - first race in like 3 months, really! I thought that breaking a front arm and snapping the shock mount screw clean in half, before I'd even gotten a full lap of practice, was a bad omen (thanks for the spare, Danny). Turned out not to be the case.

The Goosebumps worked great on the SC10, first time I'd ever run the short course version (only the second time I'd even raced the truck) but the T4 was a bit more work...tried a couple different tire choices before bowties ended up giving me the best traction, strangely enough. Seems like the rutty nature of the surface maybe lends itself to the Bowtie/Goosebump style treads. Hole Shots and Double Dees weren't the ticket. It's a unique-feeling surface, this track.

Was nice to see the snack bar fully operational and some fans down in the pits this time, too...along with the lap counter computers up on the plasmas. Things are coming together - now the shop's suppliers just need to come through with their product, so I don't have to worry about coming clear out there and busting something I can't buy a fix for
Old 07-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

i was running DD's with great traction. they got me a first in stock truck tonight.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

It could also just as easily be mental...I haven't raced in about three months and I had only run super stock maybe 3 times before, so that is definitely a possibility

I was watching you drive in stock truck, you were flying. I am considering switching my 13.5 into my SC10 and going back to stock truck with the T4. I did it the other way around and don't think I'm good enough to race my T4 in super stock lol. Of course, that may screw up my SCT driving, which was way better tonight. Got 5th place.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

WOW - INCREDIBLE FACILITY!!!

Thanks to all the WCRC crew. Nice to meet you Danny. Everyone was super cool, the tracks were great. Can't wait to get back there. 4 hours of driving (real car), but it was well worth it. See you all again soon!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:04 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It was nice meeting you teknorc last night that DM1 electric was awesome.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by astroboy403
i was running DD's with great traction. they got me a first in stock truck tonight.
tyler how was the offroad track,danny myself and crew have been trying to make improvements to the track little at a time,still learning the dirt and what works and doesnt work..
Old 07-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teknorc
WOW - INCREDIBLE FACILITY!!!

Thanks to all the WCRC crew. Nice to meet you Danny. Everyone was super cool, the tracks were great. Can't wait to get back there. 4 hours of driving (real car), but it was well worth it. See you all again soon!
4hours what did you move or something or just drive really slow from riverside..
Old 07-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
tyler how was the offroad track,danny myself and crew have been trying to make improvements to the track little at a time,still learning the dirt and what works and doesnt work..
as far as the condition of the track it was ok. was bumpy in some areas and nice and smooth in others. the only thing that i could see that needs improvement is to pick up all the loose dirt balls on the track, and to till the track all at once. if you got off the line you would spin out because of the boulder size dirt balls. as far as tilling the track, some spots on the track was nice and hard packed and others felt like you were going to sink into the ground! but all in all great track for not having the grand opening at this time. great job guys!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kdeselms
It could also just as easily be mental...I haven't raced in about three months and I had only run super stock maybe 3 times before, so that is definitely a possibility

I was watching you drive in stock truck, you were flying. I am considering switching my 13.5 into my SC10 and going back to stock truck with the T4. I did it the other way around and don't think I'm good enough to race my T4 in super stock lol. Of course, that may screw up my SCT driving, which was way better tonight. Got 5th place.
as far as the tires being a mental thing, it could be. i on the other hand have been racing one or two times a week!

thank you for the conpliments on my driving. i think i will be able to get my truck dilled in a little more as i have not driven truck for about a full year now. and yes you should go back to stock truck. i need some more conpetition!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
4hours what did you move or something or just drive really slow from riverside..
LOL, we drove from San Diego. We made a day out of it. Got our Tekno and Impakt work done early, packed up and left. Arrived about 1pm, so the drive was about 2 hours each way with traffic.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by astroboy403
as far as the condition of the track it was ok. was bumpy in some areas and nice and smooth in others. the only thing that i could see that needs improvement is to pick up all the loose dirt balls on the track, and to till the track all at once. if you got off the line you would spin out because of the boulder size dirt balls. as far as tilling the track, some spots on the track was nice and hard packed and others felt like you were going to sink into the ground! but all in all great track for not having the grand opening at this time. great job guys!
yah next track build everything will be done at sametime,we were just trying
different things and the dirt balls were deff a ball of concern ,the straightaway use tobe very bumpy,how is it now??
danny wants everything great and will provide us with everything possible to make that happen were just going through the learning curve but its commin very soon,by jbrl time it should be great..
Old 07-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Thanks to all the racers and race fans! It was another great day at the track!
As I came into work this morning I was greeted by new pit tables and four packages. The Point of sale system has arrived as well as more promotional pieces and parts. Lots of factory guys came out and represented! Hot Bodies and HPI was in full effect with Burnside and Tekno RC in hot persuit! 1-8th and open short course were the two rockin classes last night.

We stayed late and made more and more improvements in preparation for our up-coming Grand opening weekend. We are certainly working hard to bring you the very best! Thanks to Colby and Anthony as well as Shane for all the hard work they do! Not to mention Chris K. and his whole family from the pops on down.
It was great to see Jesse R Ray V. and slim near the top of the charts in Open short course- I can't wait to run into more racers that I haven't seen for quite a stint. Thanks to Jeremy Felles for stopping buy and showing his support as Charlie is out of the country with a health issue in the family and our best wishes go out to him and his family! Jeremy will step in until charlie returns in a week or two.

A brief recap and I sure hope to start blogging again soon: http//:racedirector.wordpress.com
We saw a strong turnout tonight as we went 7 heats deep into two rounds of qualis. It was a smooth start to the races with just a slight delay as we went on the fly with the printer fritzin. The heat sheets were quickly sent to the plasmas and we were on our way. Truely we have designed a great working system as the heats were expressed in a new medium as both the network and cartrige were not in compliance to the printing peripheral. The amp and music went out at one point and when all was up and running r/c scoring pro and the whole stafff were playing their part as we head with confidence into our second week of exercising and expanding our systems.
We looks forward to seeing you on Friday for more great offroad action.

Check the web site for more details and yesterdays race results:

http//:www.westcoastrcraceway.com
Old 07-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

nice read notch,glad to here the turnout keeps getting bigger by the day,word of mouth is spreading and its getting out who has the best people,inviroment and facility around..
best wishes to charlie and his family..
felles is a class act and great guy to have around,not the best looking but..
Old 07-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

I didn't know you started a blog, Notch...I added it to my own blog's list!

About the track surface...I can see the clay is pretty unique, it does have a tendency to get rutted up because it's so moist, people who crash can take giant chunks out of the top (especially 8th scales). The fact that the surface is soft, though, means it's a lot more forgiving than a really hard-packed surface, like Hot Rod's.

Somehow it needs to get packed down and the surface needs to firm up and dry out some, so it doesn't get so torn up whenever someone wrecks on it.

Also, I wanted to give props to all the racers last night for the turn marshaling - guys were showing awesome hustle, some of the acrobatics were a sight to behold.

Last edited by kdeselms; 07-23-2009 at 12:41 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.