Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree40Likes

OCRC Raceway

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 3.88 average.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hacker07
So...I just wanted to throw it out there...why cant the OCRC series be on saturday. This sunday stuff is getting too long and too late to have to go to work on Monday, lol.
+1
Old 01-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker07
So...I just wanted to throw it out there...why cant the OCRC series be on saturday. This sunday stuff is getting too long and too late to have to go to work on Monday, lol.
First of all I have a LOT of kids that drive here on Saturdays and I do not want to give them 8 weeks off.

Second, know body gets thru a race program like Nick (9-10 heats per hour)

Thirdly, We are starting the racing at 2 and if we are so fortunate to get 20 or so heats that means the racing will be done at 9:30PM

Lastly... Because I work 80+ hours a week for you guys and I know best what my customers want. Sunday is the day that is best for most, If that doesn't work for you guys then as always you have your options as to where you can race. You should post how fortunate you are to have 2 of the best tracks in Southern California right in your back yard rather then posting how inconvenient it is for you to race on a particular day )
Old 01-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OC/RC Raceway
First of all I have a LOT of kids that drive here on Saturdays and I do not want to give them 8 weeks off.

Thirdly, We are starting the racing at 2 and if we are so fortunate to get 20 or so heats that means the racing will be done at 9:30PM

Lastly... Because I work 80+ hours a week for you guys and I know best what my customers want. Sunday is the day that is best for most, If that doesn't work for you guys then as always you have your options as to where you can race. You should post how fortunate you are to have 2 of the best tracks in Southern California right in your back yard rather then posting how inconvenient it is for you to race on a particular day )

No where else in the world will you have so many options on when where and what time and what car you can race/practice then Southern California.

Oh yeah, there is alot of slow racers too....

Can we say mecca of RC again.

What up RB? TRF I hear will be at your place this weekend Get some.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Haha, damn!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by What up?
No where else in the world will you have so many options on when where and what time and what car you can race/practice then Southern California.

Oh yeah, there is alot of slow racers too....

Can we say mecca of RC again.

What up RB? TRF I hear will be at your place this weekend Get some.

Damn right! And yes, there should be a few of Tamiya guys there this Saturday for some practice and racing I gotta shake down the new 2wd car I'm building this week
Old 01-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hopsing
Damn right! And yes, there should be a few of Tamiya guys there this Saturday for some practice and racing I gotta shake down the new 2wd car I'm building this week
Ya Jimmy Wright raced last Saturday and he told me that TRF is looking to get rolling again, thats good news!

Also I am excited to see what changes he can bring about as the new region 12 director

With a few tweaks I believe we may even have a Roar Regional event here
Old 01-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Ya Jimmy Wright raced last Saturday and he told me that TRF is looking to get rolling again, thats good news!

Also I am excited to see what changes he can bring about as the new region 12 director

With a few tweaks I believe we may even have a Roar Regional event here
Yes sir....I've been volunteered to help him out with the off road side of his job....we'll see how that works out

I'm looking forward to telling people they cant run their ribbed SCT front tires at a ROAR regional race
Old 01-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

gimme convenience or give me death.

RB I think it sucks you don't bring a track to my house, I'm really sick of driving to your track. Hell it actually killed my car!

and why, the one year I get to go to daytona bike week, is the 1st race of the chuckwalla series AND the JBRL on that effing weekend?
Old 01-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bpspeed
gimme convenience or give me death.

RB I think it sucks you don't bring a track to my house, I'm really sick of driving to your track. Hell it actually killed my car!

and why, the one year I get to go to daytona bike week, is the 1st race of the chuckwalla series AND the JBRL on that effing weekend?

I say skip Daytona Bike Week...... Who wants to go to Florida to get drunk, see a bunch of the best motorcycles/choppers in the country, see some of the hottest (and trashiest) women around and just plain have fun...when you can race at a JBRL race with a bunch of RC geeks (and 98% of them male!)?
Old 01-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

The demo has begun on the rock crawling wall to make room for a new
small (4 lane wide) dirt track 70x30

Our plan is to construct a 6' lane moto style track only for buggies and trucks
(no SC or 8th scale)

We will be moving a lot of the rocks to the ruffas cage so don't fret crawler guys you will still have a place to climb between heats

Stay tuned for updates
Old 01-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I did not use it that much but it was fun when I did go over there! I will miss the soothing sound of the water fall as I walked up to do battle on the track.

I am looking forward to having a 10th scale open wheel only track though!
Old 01-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Bob Johnson is sad wherever he is. Nick should be able to create the greatest announce booth ever with the left over wood and rocks. I say move the water fall over there.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mcmoney
Bob Johnson is sad wherever he is. Nick should be able to create the greatest announce booth ever with the left over wood and rocks. I say move the water fall over there.
Im glad the waterfall is going, every time I went up to race I had to turn around and go take a leak.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I always stopped by the potty before I walked past!
Old 01-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just wanted to say that all the hard work u pit in r. B. Is very appreciated by me and our crew. My step back to rc in the past 4 months has been very fun and a learning experience by a great group of people. Rb his wife kids and the whole crew at ocrc is top notch and very classy the shop with the best guy ever walnuts is amazing he is always willing to help and I think it helped me get this involved and racing. I think anything ocrc does is top notch. Can't wait to c u guys. Wendsday.

Btw nick does amazing with his program and any race at ocrc goes well!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 3.88 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.