Wiki Posts
Search

My trouble with carbons2k

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
IF the car had arrived in a timely manner and the buyer simply didn't want it, shipping would be on him. However that's not the case. Regardless of why, the whole issue stems from the fact that carbons2k was slow with both shipping and communication. MX has his money and the car, despite PP not forcing him to do so he's willing to do the right thing and ship the car back. IF it were me, I would find a way to not only get him the $15 for shipping but throw in an extra $5 for tracking as well. That way we can put this whole thing to bed!
What's funny is I have a pm from OP about the kyosho buggy and he told me he was still waiting on carbon to reply, before all this happened.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Seller fault should have refunded the money when he didn't ship. Instead holds the guys money with no communication. Now the buyer has the upper hand.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

You know, I'm half tempted to put both these two on ignore for general purposes. One for waiting so long to ship, and the other for sitting on the received truck AND money, to teach the seller a lesson. Seems the poor feedback threads are filling up with guys that have 30-40+ 100% feedbacks, hmm. Times are getting tough I guess.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spookie
You know, I'm half tempted to put both these two on ignore for general purposes. One for waiting so long to ship, and the other for sitting on the received truck AND money, to teach the seller a lesson. Seems the poor feedback threads are filling up with guys that have 30-40+ 100% feedbacks, hmm. Times are getting tough I guess.
where does the buyer say he's holding the buggy to teach a lesson? i just see him saying he doesn't want to eat shipping and it's the seller who is lagging in paying for the buggy to be shipped back.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

this is one large hot mess. Its sad these types of things happen, even when they can usually be easily avoided.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

If both sides dig in heals on this who really is losing?

Maybe the fair thing to do would be to split the shipping cost down the middle. And by all means send it back with full insurance just in case the worst happens along the way... all they need is to have the thing vanish somehow.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
where does the buyer say he's holding the buggy to teach a lesson? i just see him saying he doesn't want to eat shipping and it's the seller who is lagging in paying for the buggy to be shipped back.
He didn't just jump up and admit he had received that truck. As well as the money. He actually didn't get involved in this thread until I started posting on his sale threads as well. In fairness I did that, to push him to defend himself. Now this whole shipping cost is stupid. If they want to be bigtime resellers, do like real retailers, just get the deal done.

That's why I made the ignore comment. Two kids playing a grown up game.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spookie
He didn't just jump up and admit he had received that truck. As well as the money. He actually didn't get involved in this thread until I started posting on his sale threads as well. In fairness I did that, to push him to defend himself. Now this whole shipping cost is stupid. If they want to be bigtime resellers, do like real retailers, just get the deal done.

That's why I made the ignore comment. Two kids playing a grown up game.
who made you the for sale forum police? he said he contacted the seller after the buggy finally showed up to tell him he didn't want it anymore and didn't get a reply. i don't know if you've ever been in a similar situation on here, but nobody likes to feel like they got taken or mistreated. when this happens, you have every right to dig your heels in and demand a fair resolution. yes, some people will choose the proverbial high road and just lay out the $15 to be done with it, but i totally get the "it's the principle" thing and as of right now, that's what the buyer seems to be sticking to.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:34 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Bad situation for the seller... Put his paypal into the negative. Buyer received the item as described he should just release the money to the seller and be finished with this. No worries about shipping
Old 08-26-2014, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Was my last post not clear enough? Is there some other way this should be handled that I don't see?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by B_Racer
Bad situation for the seller... Put his paypal into the negative. Buyer received the item as described he should just release the money to the seller and be finished with this. No worries about shipping
I'm not even gonna comment.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Was my last post not clear enough? Is there some other way this should be handled that I don't see?
I saw it, but I have to say I am not sure that $15 is enough to cover shipping... it is about half though.

I think we got here because both sides did not handle things in an ideal manner.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

$15 is what the seller has said he wants. Packaged neatly a 4wd 1/10 buggy can be shipped Parcel Post for that amount. Couple bucks more gets you tracking.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
who made you the for sale forum police? he said he contacted the seller after the buggy finally showed up to tell him he didn't want it anymore and didn't get a reply. i don't know if you've ever been in a similar situation on here, but nobody likes to feel like they got taken or mistreated. when this happens, you have every right to dig your heels in and demand a fair resolution. yes, some people will choose the proverbial high road and just lay out the $15 to be done with it, but i totally get the "it's the principle" thing and as of right now, that's what the buyer seems to be sticking to.
I have wondered the same of you lol. Both guys were wrong in this, you keep harping on the shipping, but both guys are being foolish over some minor issue. So now you admit I was right, it's a "principle thing"? Well duh lol. Both are guilty of acting the fool. One was and one is.

Eta it looks to me like more and more sellers are using PP to float loans to help make ends meet. Thinking they'll mail stuff Friday when their real paycheck comes in. In this case a "wreck" happened before that occurred. That's wrong. Funds should have been refunded immediately, since the truck hadn't shipped yet. But to hold funds and an item, "on principle" is BS also. MX could be the bigger man here, but he won't be. He's coming off as a donkeys rear end "on principle". That's why I would put them both on ignore....

Last edited by spookie; 08-26-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 191 (100%+)

I'm surprised this whole thread is still even up. $15-20 would have taken care of it a loooooooong time ago. I know it's about "principle" now, but come on who really wins?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.